Jodha Akbar

Jalal's brother, Mirza Hakim, a negative character?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-ShwSha-

IF-Rockerz

-ShwSha-

Posted: 26 December 2013 at 1:57pm | IP Logged

For those like me who are unaware about Indian history or just need to refresh:

1. I looked him up briefly (I'm from the US, back in school we touched upon Akbar and the Mughal Empire, but not into very much detail) and found that Mirza Hakim was the appanage holder of Kabul. Ding ding ding! Who else is from Kabul? That Ben-e-wh**e, whoops I mean Ben-e-zir.

2. Ok so I read through the conflicts and all, simply put Mirza Hakim and Akbar weren't like Ram and Lakshman and more like Duryodhan and Arjun. (Even more simply put: He no like Akbar).

3. He tried to like turn all of Akbar's soldiers anti-Hindustani to stop them from taking over Kabul (or something like that, basically he was there for a personal motive). He was like "Don't come take over my Kabul! Start a war in your own kingdom instead!" but luckily he failed. Akbar was more like "hey let's coexist happily and diversely as Indians rather than Hindus and Muslims!" which was one of the reasons why he was such a great Emperor.

5. The literature said nothing about Jodha Bai, Harka Bai, or Heer Kunwar with regards to Mirza Hakim.

Moving on to the show:

4. Mirza Hakim had this "tragic" persona in the text I was reading, (cause like he wasn't the great Emperor, his brother was. In his eyes, he was just the wee-little-Hakim of Kabul not a big Shehensha like Jalal something like that). Oh ho! Such tragedy! And he's also referred to in other places as "The Forgotten Prince." Anyways, since this is a drama that is for the most part historically inaccurate, in the show he might use this to get pity points from Jodha (if the Mirza Hakim-Jodha "track" is true)

Alright so yeah conclusion of this poor "research paper"
Benezir and Mirza Hakim have a connection.
Both are going to be negetive characters, Benezir already is one, and Mirza Hakim might later on be "revealed" to be one.

-Shweta

PS. Baksh this poor soul if she is wrong historically, I'm looking up history on winter break, I think that says something about my dedication :P

Source:

The Princes of the Mughal Empire, 1504-1719

By Munis D. Faruqui

Edited by -ShwSha- - 26 December 2013 at 2:19pm

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

metallicazRainbowDrmZaranuindigodeviLittle_Muffinpreet_pal320purvimnjani123rnvdbhavanisreev12srividhya68adianasr1gunjan7SmileySoniKudiakdhadeewaaniimandyg...Renu...maanluvsgeetThe.Patthaaka.rima4ever

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Jalal's brother, Mirza Hakim, a negative character?" in Jodha Akbar forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mandyg

IF-Rockerz

mandyg

Posted: 26 December 2013 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
interesting! i think the message ben is sending might be for mirza! tfs!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

metallicazsunshine_sun

mandyg

IF-Rockerz

mandyg

Posted: 26 December 2013 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
and mirza might get jo on his side and then ben will play her cards..hmmm! and at the end of it all ja and jo will help and protect each other!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sunshine_sun

-ShwSha-

IF-Rockerz

-ShwSha-

Posted: 26 December 2013 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mandyg

Probably, but wait (this is kind of embarrassing) what was the message. I can't read Hindi nor did I hear what was written.

and mirza might get jo on his side and then ben will play her cards..hmmm! and at the end of it all ja and jo will help and protect each other!

THAT is actually a really good prediction. Probably. And then in the end they team up to save their kingdom (and each other).

sunshine_sun

mandyg

IF-Rockerz

mandyg

Posted: 26 December 2013 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -ShwSha-

Probably, but wait (this is kind of embarrassing) what was the message. I can't read Hindi nor did I hear what was written.

THAT is actually a really good prediction. Probably. And then in the end they team up to save their kingdom (and each other).

the message was bit confusing, even i did not understand much, maybe it was to tell mirza how to get jo out of the way because as of now she is the biggest hindrance! i think!

sunshine_sun

neha_only

neha_only

Posted: 26 December 2013 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
Hakeem Mirzah is younger bro n he is hakim e Kabul but under the rule n reign of jalal

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mandyg--Janvie--

-ShwSha-

IF-Rockerz

-ShwSha-

Posted: 26 December 2013 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by neha_only

Hakeem Mirzah is younger bro n he is hakim e Kabul but under the rule n reign of jalal

Really? Thanks! I'll go fix that younger-older thing!

The.Patthaaka.

IF-Sizzlerz

The.Patthaaka.

Posted: 26 December 2013 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Im hopeful about a war track.
*fingers crossed* 

sunshine_sun

Post Reply New Post

Go to top