Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

riyas12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
lovely update...eager for the next part...
what happens in the past...what is going to happen in the future...waiting
deeswarna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
mind blowing start and some many secrets waiting to be revealed! cant wait for the next part
verisimilitude thumbnail

PART 2 A

PAST

School days are something which every individual got to cherish in life. He too was enjoying his life with his friends though there were many problems at home due to the financial constraints unavoidable in his life due to his father's employment he had made sure to be on limits. Much to his charming personality as a tall fair and a lean boy at school with his avid interest in studies as well as in sports he had catered the name of the eligible Boy friend every girl could wish for in the school. But the only hindrance they had towards approaching him was his mother working in the same school as the Maths teacher. Asha Raizada was the one who stood firm in her roots to support her husband Ashok when there happened a financial crunch in their family due to his employment issues. With the studies of their children Anjali and Arnav leading a decent living was impossible without the extra tuitions classes she had taken up after her school hours.

Though there were these constraints that haunted them they had never spared an opportunity to enjoy the occasions and functions that would be limited to themselves. The increasing popularity of Arnav in sports did give them a good vibe but didn't interest Ashok as he had lots of hopes in him in fact rested his soul hope in Arnav for his daughter's marriage and taking up the responsibility in family.

As he reached the 10th std he slowly moved out from the sports circle and started to concentrate on studies. With the onset of new term he decided to spend time at home while his mother was as usual busy in her tuitions. He knew most of the students who came for tuitions and he too sat with them while his mother took classes. His one smirk was enough to get the girls active at the class and he got chances to tease them with the other boys.

It was evening and Asha had finished her classes soon as they had the midterm tests the next week for which the children had left early. He was sitting in his room studying while the others at home had gone out for a marriage and would return back only the next day. Plunging himself inside his book he was oblivious to the heavy rain pouring outside. Until he heard the calling bell ringing.

He dragged himself from his bed to open the door. As soon as he opened the door he was shocked to find a girl drenched in rain with her school bag clutched close to her. She removed her shawl which she had draped on her head and looked at him. For a moment he just stood frozen on his spot..A beautiful girl who is slightly moderate in height, little stout in her figure, round face, her cheeks little chubby, cute but revealing nose that adds to her beauty, long tresses that she was trying to squeeze water from, and above all the smile that adorned the face with the eyes that had clearly distinguished itself with the kajal on her eyes. He stared at her for a second as if he is watching some dream until she snapper finger to break his reverie.

"Hello.. Can I meet Asha Ma'm. I was supposed to come for tuitions from today. I got a bit late since my car broke down"

"erm.. yea. Come in.."

He couldn't make her wait outside for long and asked her to come in. He quickly went inside without telling her a word and gave her a towel which bewildered her.

"Take this towel or else you will catch cold. Actually Mumma has gone out and she finished her tuitions early today. In fact the next class is after two days" He said looking at her eyes with genuine concern.

"OMG.. I am dead.. I was really having difficulty in finding out Mathematics Tutions. One of my friend told me about Asha Ma'm and I confirmed her that I would turn up today. My bad luck. Now how will I make up for the next two days?"  She began to feel sad and tears started dropping out from her eyes which really shocked him.

"Which school are you in?"

"St. Josephs Girls School. No one was ready to take me tuitions as it is the middle of the term"She started sniffing which bewildered him too.

Something of this girl affected him. She seemed to be true in her dedication and is wishing to attend the class. May be he could help her to some extend he thought.

"Ok.. I don't think Mumma might come back today. If you are so much worried I can clear some problems for you and from tomorrow you can seek Mumma's help provided you are ok with that. Who would come to take you back?" He raised his eyebrow seeing her inquisitiveness.

"I shall tell my driver to come at 8. We have two hours. I just need a small help in the trigonometry.. I shall get other portions done with Ma'm. Sorry to bother you." She said with a pleading voice to which he smiled.

" No problem. I think you should dry yourself. You can go inside and dry yourself. I shall take my books and come" he said and moved inside his room.

She gulped down with a small fear of getting inside the room when a boy is alone. She didn't doubt him but there was a small fear creeping in. She gained some confidence and went inside the room he had directed to dry herself. She was really stunned to see him arranging the table near by the entrance door and it is fully open that no one can sense them wrong. For a second she had doubted his intention which made her mentally hit herself for such a stupid thought.

"By the way I forgot to ask you what your name is?" He said as he got seated on one side of the table.

"Oops sorry we didn't get introduced ourselves. My name is Khushi Gupta and yours?"

"Arnav Raizada. Take your seat. We shall start by taking some questions from the question bank which I have with me. You can take this home and bring it tomorrow after referring to it"

Khushi couldn't take off her eyes with his utmost concentration on what he is talking. Inspite of her constant pleads to repeat his solutions he was tolerant enough to her. Both didn't knew how the time passed by as the sheer concentration was on their studies. She took leave from him as she received a call from her driver and thanked him for his timely help.

Days had passed after their meet, the formal talks became friendly as and when she started the tuition classes with his mother. The awkwardness had slowly warded off and an air of comfort pervaded between them. His family was familiar with his acquaintance with her. They had been in the similar group of friends which created a casual friendship between the two for the outside world. Though they were from different schools they used to meet at the library with the books for group study. Much to their surprise they felt more interested in this group studies more than before. Both provided mutual support with the exams nearing as he was finding Biology tougher and he used to help her with Maths. The day dawned when they finished their board exams.

He parked his bicycle near the tree where she was sitting on the shelter. He was excited enough to show how he had performed well in all the exams. Her face looked down with dullness.

"Hey Khushi.. I am so happy yaar.. We finished the big task.. Cant imagine the exams went off so fast.. How was it for you? I think I have done pretty well.. Hey.. what happened.. " Arnav was constantly chattering while she was still looking down.

The next moment shocking him to the core she hugged him tight. It was perhaps the first time their bodies had in contact. Arnav felt like a shiver run through his spines as he never expected Khushi to hug him so boldly. Never had they noticed the difference what happens when they touched each other. All these days it was just a holding hands and brushing touches which was barely evident to them to create the sparks but this made them both feel something really strange inside them which was really indescribable. She sobbed on his shoulder but he still maintained his dignity by not touching her.

"Kh.. Khushi.. relax...Wh.. What happened?" His words started to stumble with the havoc of feelings creating inside his self which he was trying to control to the maximum.

" How will me meet again? I will just miss you like hell. I don't know if we would be in same school too.. I would miss each and every moment we spent on the tuitions and here.. Our group studies, projects discussion everything.." She sobbed hard thinking of those moments while he chuckled after heaving a sigh of relief. He broke the hug and to face her.

"You crazy girl, I got scared for a second. Is that your biggest worry now? We just finished our exams. It's time to freak out all those tensions.. Come on cheer up.. You just go and enjoy holidays with your family in US. Feel lucky that your family is trying to cheer you up after these hectic exams. I am trying to get into some small scale job for these holidays" He sighed turning the other side with a tinge of disappointment as he had to search in for some work without sitting alone.

She felt bad hearing his side of problems which he might have to face after this day. Still the determination and enthusiasm in him really awed her to a great extent that his one word motivates her to light up her world. She knew the whole of him now. Just with the acquaintance where he had opened his mind and soul to a good friend she felt proud to have his company. The one factor which she would miss for some time would be his interesting talks and cute conversations. She knew there was a real naughty Arnav hiding behind this who would open up only with his friends after all whenever he is with her he would maintain that stature of a good friend which attracted her the most.

The day of results got surprising news that Arnav topped his school which made his parents proud. He shared his joy with his friends and parents. All of a sudden the thought of meeting Khushi and sharing this news dawned on him. He ran towards his cycle to drive to her school where she might have been looking out for her results. But to his shock he found him at his street entrance. Unable to control the joy of meeting her after the holidays and to share his good news he ran towards her but she dragged him towards the nearest tree which puzzled him.

After they reached behind the tree she didn't wait for him to open his mouth but leaned on him wrapping her hands on his neck kissing his cheeks in excitement.

"I am so happy for you .. You deserve this success more than anyone else.. I am feeling like standing on  top of the world" She said as she faced him after kissing her.

That was a moment of embarrassment for her and a shock for him. Both hadn't expected such sort of intimacy though it was at the spur of a second that she had reacted. She felt ashamed of herself for going far which she had never done with any of her friends be it even the girls. Their eyes met questioning each and every feeling for them and the awkwardness slowly crept in with a blush on her cheeks. She slowly tried to remove her hands from his neck gulping her nervousness. She was scared for her act. She was embarrassed to have behaved like that to her friend. She got guilty for just showing off her inner feelings without giving it a thought. More than anything she feared of losing his friendship due to her one act. All she noticed was a shock in his eyes a never expected gesture from her end. As she moved away from him He caught his wrist soon and pulled her towards him hugging her tightly as if he didn't want to lose the contact.

"Don't leave me.. I missed you all these days"

He hadn't consciously uttered those words but it was spontantaneous as if he was eager to tell her this. After realizing that they are in each other's arms for more than some moments they broke their hug and turned away unable to face each other. It was clearly embarrassing. They haven't thought this..They can't think about this now too. Arnav sighed controlling his emotions and broke the ice by asking about her results. She turned around happily that something deviated from such thoughts.

" I scored 90% Maths.. All because of you.. Do you know this is the first time I have ever crossed 80 in Maths?  And the rest aggregate of 78%. I am not as good as you and you know that."A beautiful smile glimmering eyes was her attraction. She could find happiness in whatever she talks. He got the happiest moment shared with her which made him happier.

Arnav had finally got into a Public school for his twelfth as he had denied his father for joining any professional degree course. He was keen on getting Bachelors and enter into a job rather than stretching himself to the intricacies of vast professional education that involved more financial crunch. His mother though wasn't much giving into his opinion he could convince them with his thought that he was more interested in Management studies than a professional degree which he could attain soon after his Bachelors. Khushi's parents had already placed her in a good school but she compelled them to get a seat in the public school where Arnav was about to join as she had the opportunity to join him with his studies. She wasn't aware of the stream he had taken but somehow was satisfied that she took her commerce group which was compatible for her level and capability in studies.

She sat on the bench thinking of how to find his class as she had joined the class late after one week. She hadn't had the opportunity to even talk to his friends as there were so much tensions at home due to her grandfather admitted at the hospital. She pressed her lips in tension on finishing this class so that she can find him during the break. Suddenly her eyes were closed by someone which shocked her. She shrugged the hands and turned to spot the person.

"Arnav.. what a surprise? How.. when.. what?"

"Oh.. relax Khushi.. I am here. Don't ask me why I am in a commerce class?  Do you remember I told you I am going to take the Mangagement studies?"

"Yea but I thought you would opt for Commerce and Business Studies. How come you are in Computer science Branch?"

"If you can change a school for me I can change a stream. Chalega.. Moreover I have taken the second option as Business Studies so both my wishes are done"

She was happy so much that she felt like flying high like a butterfly. They sat together talking loads about family and friends.

The next two years passed by soon but they felt like its been ages they were together. Studies, talks, games, sometimes outing to a snack shop all became a routine and their gang of friends truly enjoyed their company. School life did flourish them a lot of memories to carry forward.

After passing the twelfth with vibrant colors both opted the same college for the same course in management. The reason was they couldn't stay away from each other even for some days. Arnav was continuously trying for some part time jobs in between so that he could pay off his fees by himself making him feel worth of studying. His sister's marriage proposal was on the cards and it was his parent's responsibility to look after the big expenditure.

As far as his relationship with Khushi was concerned the metamorphosis of a school teens to an adult was visibly affecting their relationship as well. The initial awkwardness coyness were soon replaced by bold attempts of really showing love to each other. She was sure what she wanted and he was sure what he could give her. Their life was solely dependent on their mutual love and support which often provided as a pillar of strength. The outings were later transformed as dates where he took her whenever possible to some places where she would feel happy. Movies, Malls, Parks that provided them a good company to spend time with each other. Arnav's family knew Khushi from the school days but wasn't aware of their relationship where as Khushi's family were totally oblivious of her movements. They were big business people who mainly focused on increasing profits rather than giving her guidance or love. This was the reason that she cited to Arnav for admiring his family than hers which was closer knit than hers. One family had ample money but less contentment but the other had more contentment but less finance. These two found solace in each other's arms at times of seriously forgetting all those problems at life.

The interesting part of their story was they knew each other's feelings but hadn't confessed their feelings even once. Their friends who were in relationship often showed off their verbal love for each other while they got amazed with the gesture.

"I don't think an "I love you" can make you or assure you of his love Samanta. It's all about trust I believe"

"True.. What has that word got to do in your life Rakesh? You love her same before you say that word and you do love her after that too?  Is that a parameter to measure the intensity? If you truly love each other I don't feel words are a prerequisite for understanding each other"

These two did prove as aliens among their friends. They have seen them hugging each other, sitting close to each other and showing love. It had surprised many of them how they got to understand what they felt.

It was the end of their final semester. Arnav was busy in preparing for the Entrance exam and arranging the loan for his studies. His family had finalized a proposal for his sister Anjali and the wedding arrangements started on its accord. He had barely time to meet Khushi after the college hours as he had been working for a restaurant as the coordinator. It was a part time job yet it fulfilled his minimum requirements for a decent finance for college. His parents were proud to see their son getting independent standing on his own leg not even worried about the nature of and dignity of the job. They had to agree to him that whatever job he does it gives him full satisfaction as it was his own hard work and the difficulties will only contribute more to his confidence and morale.

The day before their study holidays was really worrying for Arnav. The reason being his Khushi was not with him for two days. Neither a message nor a call from her which really made him worry. He tried to reach some of her friends but no one had a clear idea.. After his classes he was riding his friend's bike through their street to reach home.. Suddenly a car stopped in front of him and Khushi came out of it which shocked him. She requested his friend to give them some private time as the matter is urgent. Arnav was perplexed to the desperation and took her in the bike towards a secluded place.

She heaved a big sigh and turned towards him who was waiting for the past five minutes to get her started.

"Arnav.. I am totally serious this time.. Give me an honest reply after thinking over it. Don't just rush your decisions. OK?"

Arnav scrunched his eyebrows as this was an unexpected question from her end. Here he was expecting her to give him a hug and explain how she missed him but instead she was weaving some new threads he thought. He nodded in affirmative telling her to go ahead.

"Are you serious about our relationship? Do you really love me? I mean will this ever work out?  Can we live together forever?  Or have you taken this as a fantasy or some teenage infatuation? Will you think me as a burden with the problems that you are facing in your family?  Or will your parents accept me thinking about the status difference or something of that sort? Can we trust ourselves or trust this relationship.. Can I keep hopes?  I am really confused Arnav"

She said it in one go without breathing holding his hands for a firm support. He saw her eyes clouded with desperation and nervousness. He didn't want to increase her tension so he tried to chill her. He smiled at her holding her close to his chest. She closed his eyes with her breath heaving.

"Woah.. what a questionnaire.. you are so matured baby.. How do you manage to think so much with your pea sized brain?" He chuckled as she moved herself away from him in anger.

"Dammit I am serious here.. and you are joking?" Her furious eyes and angry words confused him more.

" Do you know what is happening at home?  Mumma and Papa is arranging for my betrothal with his friend's son Vijay soon after the exams. I didn't have any idea of this until they asked me for my consent day before yesterday. I had tried to deny this saying I am not interested in marriage now but they have come up with the biggest reason of having problems in my horoscope which clearly rules out marriage from my life after this year. I am truly stressed Arnav. They are compelling me to marry him. They are on the verge of falling on my feet for this marriage. I can't just tolerate all this.. I can't see my parents pleading me like this. May be I haven't got any big happiness from them in terms of spending time with me but they have only thought about my well being"

Arnav sat silently on the puzzled situation they have got into in their life. He hadn't expected such a blow at this moment as everything was going good on his way. She sat beside him wrapping her arms around the elbow and placed her head on his shoulder.

"Are you doubtful about our relationship Arnav?" She questioned him with her eyes teared up. Jerking back he clutched her nape and captured her lips with a deep passion and intensity. It was so shocking for her with the sudden attack but she too gave in as they had found some answers in it. He broke the kiss and touched her forehead with hers.

"Never ever have that doubt.. Do you understand? We will be together forever. We love each other and we will be always together. We shall handle this together. We will succeed this too. Just trust me enough."

Khushi smiled with excitement and satisfaction that she would have Arnav with her for her support. She felt a little guilty when he used the word we rather than considering them separate like how she had spoken. She cried hugging him hardly and they stood in their embrace for a longer time providing comfort to each other.

Part B down

Edited by harith25 - 10 years ago
verisimilitude thumbnail

PART 2 A- above

PART 2b

Ashok remained silent sitting on the couch with his head down, Asha couldn't stop fiddling the pallu of her saree with tension. Anjali just looked at the reactions of her parents and Arnav which she felt very bad for him. There was an eerie of silence and gloominess, he had expected his parents to react this way but he couldn't meet their eyes after blurting out what he wanted from life.

"So you are in affair with that girl from school days. Now you got a good time to tell me this right? I never expected this from you Chotte."  Asha gritted her teeth in anger as she was unable to hold back the anger on him. He felt his blood levels increasing when his mother had lost belief in him. She turned towards Ashok who still was in the same position.

"Ashokji.. why are you so silent? Please praise your son for his noble act. You postponed Anjali's marriage till the next month so that janaab can write his exams well.. now see he is ready for his own marriage before his elder sister not bothering about his exams"

"Mumma.. please I am not talking about marriage here. I am telling you about my situation. She is being pressurized for marriage at her home. I don't have any other intentions Mumma..Please understand" he begged to his mother with eyes losing strength as no one understands what he is going through.

"So what do you want us to do?  Leave aside your sister's marriage and ask for that girl's hand to her parents for our son who is not even settled in life? Marriage when you haven't even passed your college? Uh?" Asha's anger knew no limits today with her blood pressure increasing within every sentence uttered by her son.

"Mumma. You are getting me wrong. I just want you both to convince them that's all" He said moving towards his mother trying to catch hold of her hands but she showed her unwillingness soon.

After a moment of silence Ashok stood up with a sigh. He seems to have decided something which raised anxiety in everyone. But to Arnav's surprise who expected his father to get enraged he remained a bit calm compared to his mother.

" My daughter's marriage will happen as per decided. No matter who are present or not. I have drained my sweat and blood for her marriage arrangements and don't have any intentions to dissipate from my goal. You loved her, you decided your life now you alone can go and talk to her parents. Never expect anyone of us to accompany you or support you in this regard. For me there are more important matters to look into. Your responsibility to convince her parents and try to succeed if possible keeping in mind that you too have a future with your exams nearing. And kindly do think about our  family's dignity which will be at stake  with any of your haste decisions.  Good luck"  Ashok left the place not even daring to look into his eyes who felt heartbroken hearing his father's decision. Asha could just support what her husband had said as there was no other word against him. Anjali clutched her brother's shoulder giving him strength to proceed his talks with KHushi's parents and convince them. He closed his eyes gulping his pain and hugged his sister tight.

The next milestone convincing Khushi's parents. He looked around a big array of people sitting on the hall with stout figures. He felt like a tiny particle ready to be eaten up by the uncles and aunties who were staring at him like an alien sitting in front. Weakness slowly tried to dominate him but he fought back his inner self with the determination that he had his love for Khushi that was more than handling these giants he thought.

Khushi was standing beside her mother who sat opposite to the couch where Arnav was seated. She had presented this in a more amicable manner but to her surprise no one had uttered anything to her. After getting an assurance from Arnav the other day about convincing them she had immediately taken a bold step in putting forth her matter in public. All those unwanted relations who would get nicer to poke nose into the family arrived as they discussed in groups on what she had said. She felt like a cow in a slaughter house as each of their stare pierced her from top to bottom. She was asked to call Arnav the next day which made her nervous to the core though people didn't react to her too much on this issue.

When he thought that it would be better he would start the conversation Khushi's father Sashi Gupta opened his mouth leaning forward for starting a conversation.

"You are Arnav Raizada, father working as a Sales man in Private Company, Mother is a school teacher who takes tuitions too and one sister whose marriage has been fixed for the next month. You are in your final year bachelors with a help of a part time job, and you love my daughter right?

He pursed his lips in nervousness and shaked his head agreeing to it.

"Hmm.. Good timing... Same age, no occupation, no big family name, no business background and no assurance for a good living, just good looks and physique to attract young girls with honey coated promises.  Very nice attributes. Whatever it is you want to marry my daughter. So now I give you my consent.. You can marry her."

Arnav felt the tinge of sarcasm in his words but remained quiet but Khushi was excited that her father agreed so fast. He narrowed his eyebrows to listen intently what he meant.

" Marriage soon after your exams. That's a day before your sister's. You can invite your family and everyone as such they would be attending your sister' marriage. We would have all the rituals here and I don't intend to come to trouble you for spending anything. Your family can come sit and bless you both and leave." Sashi sat proudly with a sly smile while Arnav got shocked of his plans.

"What a lucky family Bhai sahib.. they don't need spend or do anything. They should thank God for their next generations for getting your family" Said a crooked cunning Aunty who tried to add fuel to the fire.

Arnav just closed his fists in anger but controlled looking at the innocent face of Khushi who seemed to be happy but confused at the happenings.

"Uncle.. please understand my situation. I love your daughter more than my life. I want to live with her forever.I promise you that I will keep her happy till the end of my life. But marriage soon after my exams is nearly impossible. My parents have already been burdened with my sister's marriage and I need to provide them support...and

"So you don't love my daughter more than your family" Sashi interrupted him.

"Not that uncle.. Think this way... I mean I too have to settle down in a position that I should afford to give a decent living for your daughter. I am planning to do my M.B.A further which might take another two years which will fetch me a good job."  He said with concerned filled eyes trying to explain his situation.

" If you are so much worried about job, fine come and join our company.. but the next moment after your marriage you have to cut ties with your family totally. You would be staying with my daughter alone in US looking after my business. The reason being I don't want my daughter to suffer in between your family's financial clutches " He said putting forth a condition where Arnav was locked from all sides.

Khushi felt her heart beating erratically with all those talks..she really couldn't make out what was right and wrong among this.

Arnav just sighed emanating all his patience.

"I don't think that's a feasible solution uncle. I cant just throw away my family and come to you. They are my parents. They gave me this life and its my responsibility to look after them" He said with a stern voice.

" So you would leave my daughter in lurch, wont you?" Her mother butted in as a matter of adding her own brownie points increasing the confusion.

"Let me make it clear I need some time that's all I am asking you. I want you to trust me believe me have faith in my words. I will surely succeed in getting a good job and show you how I can look after your daughter as my wife as happy as ever" Confidence and determination took over him leaving aside the resentment.

"Kab tak? Till my daughter gets old?  Do you want me to take my daughter's life for a ride believing your silly promises? Has this promise got any value?  How far I should trust you?" Sashi stood up blurting out in anger with others following his gesture.

Arnav slowly stood up and met his eyes with a  smile.

"This promise values more than your money. It values my love for your daughter, my strength, my life which I have confidence upon" 

"Bull shit. We wont fall for your cheeky words like our daughter. We want solid assurance.. For that you have to agree to our conditions or leave our daughter that's it" 

Arnav was feeling numb with all those words hurling at him like a dagger. He neither couldn't agree to this nor disagree. He felt like standing alone in a dark forest with no way to go out. His path was leading to a bleak future which he has no control upon. He felt weak as no one had support for him.

Khushi was more confused with his silence. She thought he would utter something that would boost her confidence but he seemed to have lost the control over the situation.

He felt irritated to the core and left the place in frustration as it would lead to more complications there. He needed some air some space where he could think of it clearly. Khushi got more frustrated when he had left without even uttering a word. She felt like her expectations falling down the drain with his act. The family dispersed as they could clearly make out that this boy have lost the battle. They instructed her to study as the exams are nearing.

Arnav sat on the table with his head hung down while his owner came back asking him to take a new order. He had come from Khushi's house that day and taken a day for trying to sort out the confusions inside him. Worser as it sounded he couldn't discuss all this with his family too. Being a 20 year old boy who had no one to give him guidance to lead the path he felt weak within himself. The next day he felt exasperated sitting inside the house and not able to concentrate on studies. He thought of going for his work so that he could get some peace within himself. But fate or others had different plans.

Arnav came out of the counter to meet his customer receiving them warmly. The customer turned around and shocked him to the core. It was Mr.Sashi Gupta with a young handsome guy standing in front of him. He stood there rooted on spot not able to move. He finally gained courage to talk to Sashi as he thought it was the best time to talk about the confusions. May be some deliberations and discussions can sort this out.

"Uncle.. I want to talk to you" ...

" I am sorry Mr. I am here to give you some order. Is this the way to behave with your customer?"  Sashi asked him with a mocking anger that bewildered him to the core.

" I am sorry Sir. I will take the order now"

Arnav thought he should save his owner's dignity at this point instead of talking to him. He explained the menu and party order while the guy near by selected his favourites. After placing the order Sashi turned towards the guy and spoke.

" Vijay.. don't hesitate.. this is the most important day in your life. You should be satisfied or else we can change accordingly."

" No uncle this is fine. I just hope Khushi is happy with all my choices." Vijay said with a blush which made Sashi laugh. Arnav got shocked and looked at his face from the writing pad on hearing her name. He couldn't just make out what was going on.

" Of course you don't know what her choices are but let me tell you she would love your choices."

Arnav could slightly feel something different. He wanted to interrupt but remained quiet.

"hey boy..  don't forget to get the cake .. and it should be a red heart shaped cake which inscribes Betrothal of Khushi with Vijay in bold letters.." Vijay told Arnav with a big smile while Arnav felt like his heart beats stopped for a moment. Khsuhi is getting engaged?  He couldn't believe his ears. He wanted to talk to her but before that he wanted to explain to her father. He saw both of them leaving the place. Arnav ran behind them and called Sashi that he wanted to talk to them privately.

"Uncle please believe me.. Please.. I  ..."

"Stop.. I have heard enough. How can I trust a coward like you who left the place silently when I asked you that day to decide? What qualities you have  that is deserving to be my daughter's husband?  Look at Vijay .. He is elder to you, well settled, good family background, his father is a big business man in US, he has education and above all he has all those assurances where he can keep my daughter happy.. Compare yourself with him. Do you think I should wait till you get settled in life?  You both are of same age and an age where you both can't make decisions. Forget everything just tell me one reason why your family doesn't support you in this regard? Because they know that you are wrong. You can't gain our trust so easily young boy. All this is just mere infatuation which will fade within years. You yourself will regret for the decisions taken in haste. See Vijay has the age who has the maturity to think properly who will lead my daughter in the correct path. I am sure you both will not have that capability to live life. So of all I feel Vijay is more suitable for my daughter much much better than you.."

Sashi retorted and left the place leaving behind a broken Arnav. He didn't have any hopes from any side. All he could do was talk to Khushi.. But wait did she agree to this engagement? He was quite delusional on what she would have done? He rushed from his restaurant to meet her. He had only one way to meet her and that was seeking help from her friend Charu.

She stood beside him without any expressions as his eyes searched hers for answers. Each moment was increasing his nervousness as he saw her blank face.

" Khushi.. are you getting engaged? Your father and that Vijay came to me for the engagement party order. Is that true?" He asked her desperately as he couldn't hold on his tears.

"Why did you leave that day without uttering a word?' She questioned him back looking into his eyes.

"That's not an answer to my question.."

"What are you planning? You left me like that right? You ran away like a coward that day ?and you question me now?" She got furious and clutched his collar.

" Khushi don't you know how your parents cornered me? What should I have done that day? Tell them that I would leave my family and everything.That was  a trap Khushi.. They knew I wont agree. That's why.."

"So you don't love me .." She said slowly leaving the collar.

He was feeling numb as this was taking a wrong turn. He had to console her the most than anyone else. He felt her trust in him fading away slowly.

"Khushi please understand dear.. I am really in a dilemma. I cant leave without you or my family. They are just attacking my weakness..:"

"Stop it Arnav. Don't you dare blame my parents? They always think about me and my well being.. why would they put you in trouble then?"

"So you mean I should have agreed to them and left my family for you? For our selfish life I should have ditched my parents?  How mean?"

"Where did those parents go when you were in need of support?  Why didn't they help you in sorting this matter?"

"I am asking you this back why wouldn't your parents understand that?  If they can't understand then how can you expect my parents to do that?  You are sounding so selfish" He roared at her as his anger hit his nerves.

"You call me selfish..  Admit that you don't have guts. Admit that you don't have courage to keep your word. You promised me that your love were genuine but I don't think its true.. its all fake.. You faked your love." She pushed his chest as she felt broken inside.

He stopped her by holding her wrist and pinned her hands behind her. His eyes were spitting fire as he looked into those hazel ones which showed a pain of betrayal.

"If you can't trust me trust my love, my affection.. then Go to Hell. Did you hear that? I won't even care whom you marry or what you do.. That's it between you and me.. Get lost from my life" He said gritting his teeth as his jaws clenched with anger that had lost every hope in life. He had expected a little trust from her but here she was doubting him his love.. Now no one can change anything. He left her with a bruised wrist making her sob more. He walked like a dead soul not even turning back to see her. For him everything had doomed this day. His love has ditched him and so his determination.

He reached his house with puffy eyes and messed up hair. He wasn't in his senses till he saw his sister who was looking at him with affection. The only one soul who provided him solace. He hugged her tightly letting out all his anger, frustration and sadness with his tears. The decision had been taken, he has a life to move on. His family, his sister's marriage which would be the priority in life.. A life where he would provide happiness to his family sacrificing his happiness rather than giving them pain with his selfish happiness..

To be continued.

For emails please send your id to [email protected]

Edited by harith25 - 10 years ago
EchTee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
awesome update..Edited by HUMII10592 - 10 years ago
Barun_Gf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Resss

Awsm updatw