Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Devakshi-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: Neelum.drashti

Hi Sam,

Interesting analysis as usual. you gave it without sugar coating it. 

About shlok/avi, i guess overlaps are bound to occur because somewhere Avi is living the character of shlok, so he is bound to give some of himself into this character too. Shlok is aloof, smart and sharp but that is mostly with outsiders.

Today for the first time after that mobile scene, he unconsciously is letting aastha view the normal guy inside him because like u said this is how typical males behaves in such situations. He is human too nah and he is not treating her like outsider.

Similarly, aastha is still the same one who got herself into this mess.
I love aastha's character but you have to admit running into jungle was not the right thing to do, it would have been better if she tried to run away from resort.

About lovestory, well honestly speaking in real life no one would ever want to live with such a guy but since its fiction, they are probably gonna end up together. 

Bye

i agree with ur point neelum
avinashrubina. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
somehow I like this shlok...
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Sorry for not responding to everyone who posted. I will reply to each one of you when I get the time. All of you have raised valid concerns/points.
Shlok & Astha are probably consistent with their characters at the moment (thank you all for clarifying that) but I hope we get to see them evolve & change with time, esp. Astha. I understand that its a TV show & probably I should not expect too much but we can always hope that this show would continue to maintain its standard, if not daring to be different. 

Thank you all for putting your opinion across respectfully, without fighting.
lachii thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Angie12

Sam,  I will agree that the episodes were average in last couple of episodes.  I was laughing at the typical serial logic - finding watermelon out of nowhere in the jungle with the ditzy heroine wanting to eat it rather than get out of the danger zone before the sunset, and then her running without any problems to her foot.  

However,  despite some OTT stuff, Shlok and Astha actually were consistent.   

1.  I do like the classy and shrewd Shlok who has very witty one lines.  So I liked his parody of the song "humein tumse pyaar kitna".  Then his one-liner to Astha about her dumbness in running away from him to fall in a pit in the jungle was consistent with his sarcastic personality.  Astha's resistance and then her usual silly acts of attempted escapes are consistent with her character.

Today they showed Shlok quite kiddish in his vindictive behavior.  But then he has been like that from the beginning.  Also they showed a different part of his personality - a kid who wants attention because he has not got any.  Shlok is a complex personality where manipulation,  vindictiveness, abuse,  and kiddish behavior are all part of his persona.

2.  Astha too was not that different from her characterization.  She has not given up on her hopes on Shlok despite her tall claims about hating him.  She hates what he has done to her father, but deep down she is still excusing his behavior.  That's why his little acts of caring (which he claims to be pretense) brings up her hopes and then his sarcasm, mocking dashes those hopes.  Also she has a capability to forgive him for a lot of things.  As I wrote in Misti's post many times, Avdhoot is the not the only reason for her to stay back.  Her hopes about Shlok are main reasons.  Any girl brought up in a stable normal environment would bolt at the prospect of living in the Agnihotri household.  Yet she was willing to do so because she thought that Shlok was the dream guy and she could reform the family.  I don't think she has entirely given up on that.  Today when Shlok was acting more childishly (the way he used to before the marriage), she too seemed to have gotten back into her old pattern of fighting with him in that old way.  

3.  Regarding Shlok's behavior with Astha, there has definitely been abuse.  But this behavior neither seems abuse to Shlok nor to Astha.  It doesn't seem abuse to Shlok because he is a product of abusive environment and for him abuse implies the type of physical brutality Jyoti is enduring.  Astha too has never considered Shlok's behavior as abusive.  She has always made excuses for his slap or manhandling.  She gets more angry than disgusted when Shlok calls women inferior in intelligence.  So what seems like an abuse to a typical person is not abuse in Astha's eyes.  In some sense, she too thinks of abuse as what has been done to Jyoti.

4.  Is there going to be redemption for Shlok?  I understand your view point and I would not mind at all if Shlok and Astha do not end up together.   But does that mean that Shlok cannot be redeemed.  Even though there are parallels between him and Abhay/Niranjan and they are doing a good job showing those,  there are also many distinct differences.  Shlok is a grey character (despite all his emotional issues and mental problems) whereas Abhay/Niranjan are black.  So he is a character that can be redeemed unlike Abhay/Niranjan who are too evil.  Also they would use Shlok as a symbol of somebody who will eventually break this circle of abuse.  But like you,  I hope that this would be a long process and would involve Astha gaining maturity and Shlok gaining wisdom (though remaining grey and not becoming white washed).  Also,  I hope that logic and characterization is maintained while it is being done.

5.  I am with you on not showing Astha as the reformer of this Agnihotri family.  She is a catalyst who would bring change in the family.  But she is not the solution to the problem.  It has to be ones who have been abused and who themselves have become abusive.  Those are three Agnihotri members - Shlok, Anjali and Varad.  All three have been abused - either physically or mentally.  All three in their own ways have become abusive towards others.  So their redemption lies in them breaking this circle.  I will be very disappointed if they show Astha as the one-person solution to all problems.  I really really hope that this is not shown.  But since everything these days is so driven by TRPs and a standard formula, this can very well happen.  

6.  Precap - cannot comment much until it is shown.  The pit was advertised as something else in SBB/SBS but turned out to be quite different.  

Hope that you feel better about the episode.  There was some unnecessary and typical serial material,  but at least characterization was not inconsistent in my opinion. 

very good and sane post..always love to read you angie...your views are always clear and a matter of fact...loved your take on shlok's redemption...i always stress that cvs are taking pains to show similarity in abhay and niranjan's and their comparison to that of shlok...being the lesser evil.
savithp thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
its fiction no doubt, but what did poor astha do to get herself in this hopeless situation, getting kicked in the stream and do not know what all... it would have been better to drown than to seek help and that too from shlok who in fact pushed her, has been in his own way torturing her and putting her in all sorts of trouble. Marriage does not entail this
sun2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This show cannot hold a candle to IPK1 - sorry - the male lead pushing the female lead into the water!!
What kind of track makes that!!

I hope this show goes off air soon.

It is embarrassing to watch even one epi which I did today:(
jonee thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sun2011

This show cannot hold a candle to IPK1 - sorry - the male lead pushing the female lead into the water!!

What kind of track makes that!!

I hope this show goes off air soon.

It is embarrassing to watch even one epi which I did today:(

Oh really - were you not very embarassed and shocked when our dear arnavji dropped ms kushi from the first floor of his office hurting her very badly  physically and emotionally - and didnt care a damn about it - did not even go to save her or find out if she was okay - and you love him and IPK 1 dont you ?  ðŸ˜•
( wel llet me tell you i loved IPK 1 too very very much ) - but i could also see our dear arnavji for what he was - dysfunctional and flawed - wake up or see re-runs of IPK1 instead of just one episode of EBp - and leave us to do the watching here😊
lachii thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jonee

Oh really - were you not very embarassed and shocked when our dear arnavji dropped ms kushi from the first floor of his office hurting her very badly  physically and emotionally - and didnt care a damn about it - did not even go to save her or find out if she was okay - and you love him and IPK 1 dont you ?  ðŸ˜•
( wel llet me tell you i loved IPK 1 too very very much ) - but i could also see our dear arnavji for what he was - dysfunctional and flawed - wake up or see re-runs of IPK1 instead of just one episode of EBp - and leave us to do the watching here😊

at last a comment that made me feel the title of thread...what say jonee dear😆
jonee thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: lachii

at last a comment that made me feel the title of thread...what say jonee dear😆

thanks lachii - i am really getting fed up of prequel sequel comparisons😆