Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
I was actually pleasantly surprised that the Highway trailer was all Aaliya. It's not very often we see a film solely on the female lead (barring Vidya ofc). At such a young age for her to get a such a gig seems promising. However how the movie will turn out is debatable. None the less, I think it's achievement enough that she has a movie where the star attraction is HER. Which is saying something since she's one movie old. Imtiaz Ali is a tremendous director who seems to bring out the best in his actors, from JWM to Rockstar, all his actors have performed solidly. Which says something I think. 
Or maybe I'm just excited because I'm an ARR groupie. ðŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I am beyond excited. 
I really hope Aliya delivers. She was very good in the trailer, I was pleasantly surprised both by the trailer and by her. And I happen to adore Randeep Hooda, so that's an awesome bonus. 
Edited by Star_girl - 10 years ago
Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Star_girl

I am beyond excited. 

I really hope Aliya delivers. She was very good in the trailer, I was pleasantly surprised both by the trailer and by her. And I happen to adore Randeep Hooda, so that's an awesome bonus. 

I'm woefully uninformed about him. Although I'm in hopes to be pleasantly surprised by both of them! I've not seen either of them in action so I hope it's going to be a good one. 
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh, he is a fine actor. The intense, broody kind. He suits his role to the T. He has been a theatre actor for a long time too. 
imtiaz ali movies are same travel movies with no substance the promo of highway gave pedo vibes i am not interested to watch it tbh🤢
Lemme confess it now , use to dislike Aliya a LOT , after the trailer its reverse , She was legit in the trailer .
EarlyYoungTimes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I am surprised to see Aliya in the trailer like that. The girl can act!
Eagerly waiting for the release ðŸ˜³
kareena05 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'm going to watch it for Randeep Hooda, he's an amazing actor but Alia suprised me in the trailer...looking so forward for "Highway"