Starbharat NOT Mahabharat!

Posted: 10 years ago
This is not a retelling of the epic written by Veda Vyaas.  This is a mish mash of the stories of the original epic mixed up for the sole purpose of cinematic titillation by the rewriters.  Seems to me that they have not bothered to read the original epic but have rather read a serialized version and that too out of sequence.
I have therefore decided to rename this retelling as Starbharat as it is no where near the original Mahabharat

👏🤣 Edited by rasyafan - 10 years ago
I agree.
I don't see the show as the epic it should be but as another soap that is inspired by the epic(just as the disclaimer claims).. I watch it as an entertainment show..and watch it for Srj & shaheer.
omg starbharat that cracked me up.🤣

what an awesome name. wonderful.

henceforth we'll call it as star bharat only 🤣🤣

I agree with u...A little bit of distortion here n there is alright...but the CVs are distorting the whole thing...More than 1/4 of the serial is over, still no sign of Draupadi...n there's so much to happen before her Swamvar...

Edited by amritat - 10 years ago
YES I AGREE

FIRST 50 EPISODES WERE SUPERB REMAINING TOTALLY OWN CREATIONS
😡😡😡😡
I shall too call this Starbharat. This saas bahu drama is unworthy of being called Mahabharat.
OMG !!! 🤣
Perfect name !!! 👏
That's exactly it. I find some parts of the story alien to what is Mahabharata as we know it. Also the actors and their respective interactions dominate focus over the poetry/textual material, there's more to Mahabharata than plain emotion and drama. At the base of it this serial really is just like a fancier and more lavish version of another typical star plus drama with all its materialistic, vain and superficial inclinations hiding behind the pretext of a epic historical tale of Bharat with its amazing complex of grand characters of pre-Kali yug era. Instead we have some characters presented as your identifiable daily character out of the ordinary tv soaps that are here just dressed up different, more elaborately, surrounded by rich interiors n expansive landscapes.