Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

daenerysnow thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I feel nothing too deep about certain actors in so far as the most I do exists on surface level, nevertheless some happen to be very good at entering wholeheartedly into the mentality of their respective role whilst others merely float on the facade. Some induce us to feel appropriate emotions, whether that be empathy in Karnas even Dhritarastra or Gandharis case, awe in Bhishmas, and charm in Krishnas whom we have yet to see more of. But as yet its hard to become engrossed within them in a sense perhaps due to the way the story is directed, it does seem almost always that there is conscious effort to manufacture emotion which becomes translated as enforced and unreal. Consider the over emphasis of close ups in dramatized moments on particular expressions as if we can't fill in the gap ourselves that these have to be literally spelt out for us. The actors feel, but I don't feel as much as i would like to.[I][/I][B][/B]
SKS74 thumbnail
Nope. I don't feel much except on occasions from bhishma, SRJ. 
The portrayal of dhritrastra and gandhari are particularly poor if you think of the original MB. Neither actor can portray the necessary emotions. 
However, I am still enjoying it, just the quality is not high. 😊
--Saaki-- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ana212

nice thread ...for me actor playing Dhritrashtra is extraordinary...That guy is just 22 ..but so convincing ..and adds so many layers to the role that he is playing...Others like Bheeshm, Shakuni are awesome too.. but their character itself is so strong that actor just needs to follow the script...but what dhritrashtra has portrayed goes beyond my imagination at least... Gandhari is a pleasant surprise too ...she is really good...

I like Arjun too...he has that innocent vulnerability along with humble inquisitive mind..not to forget agility and spark of a great archer ...other pandavs have not registered yet ..except Yudhishtir...he looks apt .. I too feel Krishna has something missing...his dialogue seem forced and theatrical at time and it looks like he is playing a role rather than living it...hope he would get more centred with few more episode ...as its only around him that this whole saga will unfold...

Thanks for the reply ana.😊

I didnt know the actor playing Dhrit is just 23 😲...Then definitely he is a fine actor.👏

Yes. Bheeshm & Shakuni are strong characters for sure. But if the actors wont portray it in the best way even the characters wont touch the heart.
Thats my concern. Coz in old MB, Mukhesh as bheeshm was outstanding.

Then again I am very hopeful & sure to see more good performances ahead.
MB is an epic so it has to look the best to get the messages & preachings behind it. VedVyas has created something very Genius & want to visualise it in the same way. Thats all I want.😊

--Saaki-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: candidfrisky

I can very well connect myself to the actors playing the role of Bhishma & Karna. Their way of expressing their emotions look real. 😊

Yes true.

Thx for the reply.😊
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Im totally  in sync with you. Other than the characters you mentioned,I havent really gotten around to BELIEVE the other characters. Edited by disha15 - 10 years ago
--Saaki-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Shruti

Welcome Saakshi di 😊

I agree with whatever you have written.

As Bheeshma is my only favourite and very close to my heart, my expectations with the actor were heavy and I'm feeling proud admitting that he has done proper justice.

And ya, Dhritarashtra is awesome! I was a bit shocked when I got to know he's just 23.

Awww...🤗...Thx a lot for the welcome & comment as well...

Yes. Bheeshm is definitely doing good job.
--Saaki-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Shruti

Welcome Saakshi di 😊

I agree with whatever you have written.

As Bheeshma is my only favourite and very close to my heart, my expectations with the actor were heavy and I'm feeling proud admitting that he has done proper justice.

And ya, Dhritarashtra is awesome! I was a bit shocked when I got to know he's just 23.

Awww...🤗...Thx for that welcome dear...

Yes... Arav is doing good as Bheeshm...Its my fav character in MB too...along with Krishna.
Hope to see more brilliant performances from him in future.😊.Thx for the reply...😃

Edited by --Saaki-- - 10 years ago
--Saaki-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arijit007

i can connect with krishna and bheeshma.

Thx for the reply dear...😊
--Saaki-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: 22pundirabhi

Only one ...Arjun playing by Shaheer...he is just awesome.. ⭐️ Looking handsom ,cute n his expression everything was perfect 👏

Oh sure...

Can understand as a fan it is so xciting to see your fav actor playing such a great role of Arjuna.

Shaheer is definitely good. But, I think he still need to get that intensity in his character. I am sure as the time progresses he will show more intensity & maturity in the character.

Hoping for the best.

Thank you darling for the reply...😃
--Saaki-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: medha00

Personally, i loved the character of Amba and Gandhaari too.

I had felt so completely upset for Amba ... What was done to her, even though bheeshma didnt mean it, was completely wrong.

Gandhari, who was so scared of the darkness ... accepting it for the rest of her life is truly ironic and beautiful in a sadistic way.

Arjuna has finally come into his character, ever since the episode where he had a one-on-one confrontation with Dhritrashtra who himself is doing a great job.

The one who is playing Duri needs more character right now ... 

Actors are definitely good. No doubt on that.

But they still need to get into the character . May be they will have to understand the characters still better way is what I think.
Yet, I am hopeful that in coming days , they would wrong my statement . Fingers crossed.

Thx for the reply dear.😊.