Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Recently seen movies - 7 (Page 95)

ChillMaarYaar IF-Stunnerz
ChillMaarYaar
ChillMaarYaar

Posted: 13 June 2014 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
Holiday...
I like Sona, but this movie would have done amazingly well without romance and love story which was not at all needed just like it was not needed in Special 26... 

Nice Concept, I loved how he just catches the terrorist from hospital and locks him up at home, ruthless and a true DIA and Military guy wow... I even like the scene where he goes to ACP and gives him only option of death and nothing else, NOTHING which was another fab moment, not many lines are description for that scene was needed, it was simple scene to understand. He cannot say he is DIA and I liked convo btw him and his police friend played by sumit reg police and military peoples training and thinking was nicely shown.

The way they play game of chasing 12 ppl was good and the count down of shooting them at one time was wow also...There was this fab scene where he is all happy that girls are being kidnapped and when his friend calls him psycho for not caring for other girls as its not his family, he tells his replaced one gal with his sister, that was highlight of the film. it clearly showed nothing is important for a military man when it comes to choosing family and country, salute scene by original tamil director. Another high light scene where they show and introduce us to handicapped army and military men. wow 

The mind game of the head of the cell was wow, where he says how he made virat plant those bombs in the car which he thought he changed wihtout knowing he is carrying bombs. 

Like the scene where virat asks the guy to free his hands and then hit him and then mock them all for being scared of him, it may seem funny and ridiculous but its something else... the ending was apart fight was good, i mean he again going to that defense minister and asking him to commit suicide, 

this movie may come across as entertainment or something but under current it talks a bit about , corruption and politics. it openly talks about sleeper cells and about military.

Its a decent movie, and reminds us about our military people. 

4/5

Akki as usual at his best, i like him when he do his kind of movies and not phunny ones, last year was Special 26 and this year this one... not bad akki, welcome back to ur field... shame that movies like this dont make mark as ppl happily find loop holes in this but make BB for movies with no common sense. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-_Rohit_

-MakhanMalaai- IF-Stunnerz
-MakhanMalaai-
-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 14 June 2014 at 2:31am | IP Logged
Holiday: I'm in Awe of Akshay Kumar.. I always liked him but he was so good in the movie.. Tu suspense mein hi mar LOL Great story, great direction, great narration.. nicely paced.. fine-ish songs I loved Ashq na ho... Sonakshi wasn't even needed.. Sumeet Raghavan was amazing.. he's a really good actor too.. Farhad was meehhh.. they should've retained Vidyut.. I really enjoyed the movie.. a clean entertainer.. 4/5

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-ILoveDrama_Rohit_.khoobsurat..Chashmish.

Coldplaying IF-Dazzler
Coldplaying
Coldplaying

Posted: 14 June 2014 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Loot

W*F did I just see. I went to YouTube to see if there were any full Hindi movies available. I saw a link that said "Main Tera Hero". So I decided to watch it. I didn't expect a great movie, but I expected it to be hilarious based on the reviews. But I was left wondering, what shit is this? It wasn't remotely funny. Why did the movie have Govinda and Javed Jaffery, not Varun Dhawan. Why did it appear older.  I was busy mincing ginger and garlic to make kebabs so I didn't bother to change or figure what was going on. Then I did my laundry. Then I went out to play trivia. I finished it while alternating between playing Temple Run, researching online to figure which movie I was watching and chatting. I think if I didn't have the distractions I'd be out of my head now.

lol LOL
gameon Goldie
gameon
gameon

Posted: 14 June 2014 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Loot

W*F did I just see. I went to YouTube to see if there were any full Hindi movies available. I saw a link that said "Main Tera Hero". So I decided to watch it. I didn't expect a great movie, but I expected it to be hilarious based on the reviews. But I was left wondering, what shit is this? It wasn't remotely funny. Why did the movie have Govinda and Javed Jaffery, not Varun Dhawan. Why did it appear older.  I was busy mincing ginger and garlic to make kebabs so I didn't bother to change or figure what was going on. Then I did my laundry. Then I went out to play trivia. I finished it while alternating between playing Temple Run, researching online to figure which movie I was watching and chatting. I think if I didn't have the distractions I'd be out of my head now.

funniest thing i read in a while. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Antlers

KulfiBai IF-Sizzlerz
KulfiBai
KulfiBai

Posted: 16 June 2014 at 4:05am | IP Logged
JTHJ

Positives:

SRK in stubble

Anushka's energy.

Akira.

Jiya jiya re jiya rejiya jiya re jiya re jiya jiya re jiya re jiyaa ooo

As a whole the movie kinda sucked.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

loveyoupreetomovie4lifeGundayVedant-Barun

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 16 June 2014 at 7:58am | IP Logged

The World Unseen

An interesting love story set in apartheid South Africa. A rebellious caf owner and a devoted housewife have an illicit affair. The affair is well shown as the husband is controlling, abusive and himself carrying on an extra-marital affair. Apart from apartheid it also deals with chauvinism, misogyny and racism within desi culture. Lisa Ray and Sheetal Seth do well. They have a complete role reversal from I cant think straight. Overall a decent movie.

Main Tera Hero

Nothing special. Mediocre at best. Loot may have looted me of my time, but this movie didn't fare much better. I'll admit, it is funnier and better made. Some moments are hilarious. This exaggerated comic style is getting tedious. Barring the few moments it doesn't entertain much. The plot is contrived and ridiculous. making the viewer feel like an imbecile for watching it. Varun Dhawan though could be the next Govinda, he just needs to develop his comic style and finesse.

Silence of the Lambs

Outstanding. Brilliant. What a pulse pounding psychological thriller. I was watching it earlier but had to stop when friends stopped over, but it is so damn good that I finished it into the wee hours of the night despite being exhausted. Anthony Hopkins delivers a spine chilling performance as Dr. Hannibal Lecter, brilliant psychiatrist turned cannibal serial killer. The way he delivers his lines, gives you goose bumps. What a creepy and twisted character played with such finesse. Jodie Foster is brilliant as the FBI psychiatrist Clarice Starling. She is phenomenal with her subdued laid back style. Her hope, goodness and will to succeed are a perfect counterfoil to Hannibal. Their bond over picking each other's brains is uncanny and such a psychological delight. Must see movie. Deserves every ounce of praise that has been heaped on it and then some more.

-Swetha-

kumari3 Goldie
kumari3
kumari3

Posted: 17 June 2014 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Saw Bewakoofiyaan. Fresh and interesting plot, with tight writing.  Ayushmann delivered a great performance in particular.  Would recommend it.
movie4life IF-Rockerz
movie4life
movie4life

Posted: 17 June 2014 at 11:07am | IP Logged
holiday wat an amazing movie
I had never expected to be such a great film.i thought it to be a crap film like khiladi 786 a great tribute to all the soldiers Clap Akshay performance was amazing
his way of handling criminals was perfect
the way in which they punished the criminals was perfect
corrupt police sucidal way etc
the first half was better than second half
I feel romance angle was unnecessary in the film sonakshi was not required in the film
her role was filler in the film. she should avoid doing these flowerpot roles if she wants to extend her career
infect his friend had bigger role than sona .sona was lookimg great in short dress
overall an amaxing film
an 3.5/5 from me

-Swetha-

Go to top