India-Forums

Recently seen movies - 7 (Page 95)

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Producer, BollyCurry Director

Posted: 23 June 2014 at 7:20am | IP Logged
Humshakals
Thank god my ticket was free else I would have killed myself for paying to watch this movie! The only reason you want to watch this movie is Riteish Deshmukh! Like always he was so comfortable in his role. Whether it was the mental Kumar or the sane Kumar or the slightly effeminate Kumar, Riteish shined. And like always he looked very much a pretty girl as well. LOL Actually there are 2 reasons you want to watch this movie. Ram Kapoor was a surprise package! Now I've seen the "villainous" Ram before in SOTY, but the other 2 were hilarious! If this movie deserves any rating it's for these 2 and just for these 2! No comments on anything else. Sleepy

Rating: 1/5 (just for Riteish and Ram)

Edited by KhotaSikaShreya - 23 June 2014 at 7:15am

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 23 June 2014 at 7:46am | IP Logged

Gulaab Gang

The movie disappointed me. Conceptually the movie sounds good. It is quite kick ass that there is a gang of women in stringently patriarchal rural India that is fighting for women's rights. I expected this to be a feminist movie that focused more on social gender issues in India. Instead the movie is dramatized with filmy flare. You have a slimy politician trying to use the gang to her advantage. It added an unsavory element that took away from the crux of the story. It didn't do justice to the feminist issues.

That being said both Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla delivery top notch performances. Madhuri actually looked ravishing. There is something sexy about her as an older woman. Juhi still has her youthful impishness that gives a delightful twist to her unscrupulous character. It is a pity that our actresses fade away so easily. I wish people still wrote good scripts that would let the stars of yesterday Juhi, Madhuri, Sridevi still do a few movies now and then. Just an English Vinglish once in a Blue Moon isn't good enough.

Chamaila-Kutrea Senior Member
Chamaila-Kutrea
Chamaila-Kutrea

Posted: 23 June 2014 at 9:37am | IP Logged
The Sound of Music- This has been one of my all time favorite movies as a kid and even today the magic of the film is intact.The Sound of Music is one movie which is the definition of the word perfection in my dictionary.I can't pick any particular scene and say that's my favorite scene. Every scene, every character is so beautifully etched and portrayed on screen and add the beautiful Alps,the viewing experience is something totally different. Watched the movie today after ages and enjoyed it the same way I did as a kid.Smile
The movie is too old to be rated but nevertheless, it deserves a 5/5.

Edited by DeboKanerGoraey - 23 June 2014 at 2:51pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

spsharmila..Naina..ILoveDramaBullsEye777return_to_hadesSIR.MEOWINGTONLimitLessFan

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 23 June 2014 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Shaadi Ke Side Effects

This is not Shaadi Ke Side Effects. This is bacchon Ke Side Effects. Arrey, Shaadi karo, aish karo. Bacche kyon chahiye?

Personally, I had a problem with Vidya's character in the movie. Both parents should be ready and willing for kids. You can't force a person to become a parent before they are ready. There will be problems. You can't change from a driven career woman to a doting housewife and be OK with that. You cannot throw so many changes on someone and still expect them to be fine and understand each and everything.

I've never wanted to have kids. I don't see a family. While this movie is all about marriage and family, it unveils the elephant in the room but doesn't address it. Hello?  Kids are not for everyone. For some parents kids are the best thing in the world. Some do regret it. You don't need kids to be a happy family. We need to change the social expectation that forces everyone to desire and have kids when they are completely not ready.

Movie was interesting. Decent acting and good narrative. But the kids issue is what ran in my head all the time.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Chamaila-KutreaChandu2000mansi_sweetSIR.MEOWINGTON-Barunian-

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Producer, BollyCurry Director

Posted: 24 June 2014 at 6:35am | IP Logged
If there's anything that proves how bad Humshakals was read this: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/Sajid-Khans-Humshakals-becomes-butt-of-jokes/photostory/36878433.cms
And if you're still planning on watching it: God help you.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BeingBlunt

bAkChOd. IF-Sizzlerz
bAkChOd.
bAkChOd.

Posted: 24 June 2014 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
toy story  3 
oh god...i never cry during any any film ...NO FILM ...no matter how much sad its story is but toy story 3 made me cry at the end...cry like hell ..i never thought a story with toys can make me cry like that...amazing film must watch

4/5

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LimitLessFan

KuKKad_MalHOTra Goldie
KuKKad_MalHOTra
KuKKad_MalHOTra

Posted: 25 June 2014 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Humshakals

In case you are wondering, W*F, then yes, I did watch the movie but not in the theatre. Torrent Zindabad! I would never spend my 50 bucks on this 2Rs movie and I thank God I didn't because I really feel bad for people who paid to watch this thing.

This is a completely unbiased view.
And my reaction during the entire movie was only one - W*F!
And my dad who was the co-viewer along with me, had only one thing to say - Sajid should be hit on his face with chappal.LOL

This movie cannot be defended by saying that hey! Critics love only art kind of movies and criticise masala/ commercial movies. I've watched so many masala movies and love so many of them like Golmaal, Welcome, Mujse shaadi karoge, Dhol etc. These movies were genuinely hilarious. Heck! Even Ready which I find lame, feels Oscar worthy compared to Humshakals! Atleast, I laughed.

Honestly, the story of Humshakals is quite decent. It could have been epic laugh worthy. But what fails it is the pathetic execution and Sajid is solely to be blamed for this crapfest. 
Points where it fails:
1) Its fine to make the lead actors pretend to be dogs. I did find it funny at the beginning. But when you make Ritesh and Saif prance around and bite into food like you've been starved for decades, its not funny. Infact, it is an insult to Dogs, coz even my dog behaves decently. And it is an insult to the acting calibre of both Saif and Ritesh.
2) Its fine if you want to portray gay people and have some fun. The gay guy in Golmaal 2 was kind of funny in the scene with Shreyas Talpade. But it is not funny, when  they make weird sounds like ahhh... every 10 seconds. IT IS NOT FUNNY. 
3) It is not funny to show mental people stick out their tongues weirdly. And I don't know what was Sajid thinking making Ritesh and Saif dance around like madmen for that song - Hum pagal nahi hai, humara dimag kharaab hai.

This movie is sadly the biggest insult to Ram Kapoor. That guy has such wonderful acting capabilities and this movie has insulted his calibre.

Humshakals had a lot of potential. There were so many scenes where I anticipated that I would laugh. They would begin well for the first 5 seconds and tusss... The execution would be so poor that you don't feel like laughing anymore.

My only concluding advice for Ritesh. Please don't do Sajid's movies anymore and insult yourself and your caliber. If you really want to do comedy movies, kindly join Rohit Shetty, David Dhawan or Anees Bazmee. They make much better movies and could justify your acting capabilities.

Rating - It's not worth it.

Edited by 102201 - 25 June 2014 at 12:21pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Chamaila-KutreaViccoTurmericBeingBlunt

-Barunian- IF-Stunnerz
-Barunian-
-Barunian-

Posted: 25 June 2014 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Humshakals Pinch
Watched it only because it had been filmed in Mauritius, my country but now I feel like smacking my head Dead Avoid at any cost! Don't waste your internet data even to watch this crap.

Edited by -Barun - 25 June 2014 at 12:25pm

Go to top