Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

   

Recently seen movies - 7 (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 136

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Joined: 15 September 2007

Posts: 22667

Posted: 28 December 2013 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
I need a place to officially vent about Dhoom 3, and then I remembered this thread on the forum. I feel like if I can stop one person from wasting three precious hours of their life, I will have made a difference in the world. LOL
I never watch Bollywood movies in theaters, and I think the last one I saw was English Vinglish. In a moment of weakness (or perhaps foolishness), I decided to watch D3 with my family in theaters ... what a complete utter waste of my time. What WAS that? Terrible plot ... ridiculous stunts and terrible dialogues. The action sequences were sooo long and it was one after the other after the other. I mean besides Aamir Khan none of the actors actually needed any dialogues really. 

It's nice to see that Bollywood is moving forward in modern times of technology and innovation and is able to show action sequences like these but having technology does not automatically give them the right to misuse technology ... I mean do logic, physics, common sense all fly out the window when they're coming up with these stunts?

Lastly, the best part about watching movies like say the Oceans series or Now You See Me is that they show you how the robbery or the magic trick was done. You get to see the idea behind it - and that's where the actual intelligence of the writing come into play. Bravo to Bollywood for making a movie on such a grand scale that there was no need to work on that part of the script. Perhaps the audience is so intelligent that they can figure out on their own how Aamir Khan was robbing all these banks that they don't need the writers to show them. 

Give me a break! What a disappointment. And the major twist - how convenient. It's like a Bollywood movie from the 80s with today's technology. Wacko

/rant over

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

EspressoMahika24adev-Shenaz-Abysmalbramcote46Heisenberg.-GredForge-BeingCheviGundayVedantoblivious.The_Other_WomanChillMaarYaarHappyMelody-Barun

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recently seen movies - 7 (Page 7)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Rapier

IF-Rockerz

Rapier

Joined: 09 October 2010

Posts: 5061

Posted: 28 December 2013 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I need a place to officially vent about Dhoom 3, and then I remembered this thread on the forum. I feel like if I can stop one person from wasting three precious hours of their life, I will have made a difference in the world. LOL
I never watch Bollywood movies in theaters, and I think the last one I saw was English Vinglish. In a moment of weakness (or perhaps foolishness), I decided to watch D3 with my family in theaters ... what a complete utter waste of my time. What WAS that? Terrible plot ... ridiculous stunts and terrible dialogues. The action sequences were sooo long and it was one after the other after the other. I mean besides Aamir Khan none of the actors actually needed any dialogues really. 

It's nice to see that Bollywood is moving forward in modern times of technology and innovation and is able to show action sequences like these but having technology does not automatically give them the right to misuse technology ... I mean do logic, physics, common sense all fly out the window when they're coming up with these stunts?

Lastly, the best part about watching movies like say the Oceans series or Now You See Me is that they show you how the robbery or the magic trick was done. You get to see the idea behind it - and that's where the actual intelligence of the writing come into play. Bravo to Bollywood for making a movie on such a grand scale that there was no need to work on that part of the script. Perhaps the audience is so intelligent that they can figure out on their own how Aamir Khan was robbing all these banks that they don't need the writers to show them. 

Give me a break! What a disappointment. And the major twist - how convenient. It's like a Bollywood movie from the 80s with today's technology. Wacko

/rant over

Wanted to say the exact same thing!

I honestly went in expecting that it will be robberies done with magic...just like in Now You See Me. ALL I saw in D3 was money flying out of the bank after the job was done. W*F? I felt like the whole entire movie I saw bike chases. EVERY MINUTE. Where the hell is the plot? What kind of a ridiculous shit of a  story or a twist is that? The twist - there are 2! REALLY? 

What was the need of Katrina Kaif in the movie? What is her role exactly?


I think the real problem is that you can't connect with the sahir/samar characters and their story. It's so far fetched.  Overall, horrible movie! D2 was wayyy ahead! At least it had some kind of a plot and roles to all of the characters. No mindless bike chases.


Save your money! 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

adev-Shenaz-GundayVedantBeingCheviChillMaarYaarHappyMelody

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Joined: 15 September 2007

Posts: 22667

Posted: 28 December 2013 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rapier


Wanted to say the exact same thing!

I honestly went in expecting that it will be robberies done with magic...just like in Now You See Me. ALL I saw in D3 was money flying out of the bank after the job was done. W*F? I felt like the whole entire movie I saw bike chases. EVERY MINUTE. Where the hell is the plot? What kind of a ridiculous shit of a  story or a twist is that? The twist - there are 2! REALLY? 

What was the need of Katrina Kaif in the movie? What is her role exactly?


I think the real problem is that you can't connect with the sahir/samar characters and their story. It's so far fetched.  Overall, horrible movie! D2 was wayyy ahead! At least it had some kind of a plot and roles to all of the characters. No mindless bike chases.


Save your money! 

Rapz - the best part was when Anderson asks the white girl cop/investigator who's behind these robberies and she declares all she can say at the moment is that it's a thief. I lost it at that part and chuckled really loudly in the theater. I really wanted to stand up and applaud the writers at that point. LOL 

@Katrina Kaif: Don't be silly, Rapz, what's her role in ANY movie, really? LOL I will say she danced well in Kamli, at least there's something she's good at. 

It was so funny to see Aamir Khan singing and dancing. I was like seriously?! This is what the world has come down to now!

I don't remember really liking D2 either so I'll reserve comment there. I remember the first one was light-hearted and had funny moments. Or maybe I was just young and stupid then.

You said it best - W*F was that!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Shenaz-RapierGundayVedantBeingCheviChillMaarYaar

Rapier

IF-Rockerz

Rapier

Joined: 09 October 2010

Posts: 5061

Posted: 28 December 2013 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*


Rapz - the best part was when Anderson asks the white girl cop/investigator who's behind these robberies and she declares all she can say at the moment is that it's a thief. I lost it at that part and chuckled really loudly in the theater. I really wanted to stand up and applaud the writers at that point. LOL 

@Katrina Kaif: Don't be silly, Rapz, what's her role in ANY movie, really? LOL I will say she danced well in Kamli, at least there's something she's good at. 

It was so funny to see Aamir Khan singing and dancing. I was like seriously?! This is what the world has come down to now!

I don't remember really liking D2 either so I'll reserve comment there. I remember the first one was light-hearted and had funny moments. Or maybe I was just young and stupid then.

You said it best - W*F was that!


LOL! A lot of people in the theater laughed at that!LOL I mean awesome dialogues right there!Clap


@Katrina: Well that is true, but Aish and Bips had a ROLE in the last movie. This girl did NOTHING! That's what's bothering me!


Aamir Khan doing such a low quality movie (script wise) was not expected. I like his work, but this is a huge disappointment.


D2 had it's share of far fetched moments but the thing is, it had a PLOT! It had a purpose and direction! Which this movie showed no signs of!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Shenaz-

Zeal17

Goldie

Zeal17

Joined: 10 October 2011

Posts: 1954

Posted: 29 December 2013 at 5:49am | IP Logged
Bombay Talkies 3.5/5.

FullyFaltoo.

IF-Rockerz

FullyFaltoo.

IF Crazy Baby

Joined: 11 August 2011

Posts: 8117

Posted: 30 December 2013 at 12:07am | IP Logged
I, me aur main:
Moral of the story: men are dogs coz they are spoilt as kids!

The winner for me is Chits! man is she hot! I still can't get over why would any man leave someone as good looking(and successful) as her to be with what I would describe as one of the most irritating characters ever! Prachi borders on immature as Gauri Liked Mini as the behen! felt bad seeing Raima in a role which could have been played by just about anyone!

The music isn't worth mentioning! I'd give a 5/5 for Chits(I have such a huge crush on her) but then a -2 for John and a -3 for Prachi! so yeah! watch it only if you're as vela as me and the other opportunity cost is trolling on IF!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chimchimcher-ee

chimchimcher-ee

IF-Sizzlerz

chimchimcher-ee

Joined: 10 April 2013

Posts: 12665

Posted: 30 December 2013 at 12:31am | IP Logged

Czaru's recent word-crush: Opportunity Cost. LOL

Raima's character was funny. LOL 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

FullyFaltoo.

FullyFaltoo.

IF-Rockerz

FullyFaltoo.

IF Crazy Baby

Joined: 11 August 2011

Posts: 8117

Posted: 30 December 2013 at 2:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by eeyoretel

Czaru's recent word-crush: Opportunity Cost. LOL

Raima's character was funny. LOL 


the character wasn't bad! just that she was wasted!Embarrassed
I replied to the OC thingy in the CC! must have been buried by now!LOL


Shaitan-
I've always avoided watching it coz of it being called a revamped Paanch(a movie which I really like)..however I just had to watch it after watching Neel Bhoopalam in 24!

In many ways it's a continuation of Paanch! the kids are more dysfunctional and way more cooler!
The only character who managed to leave an impact on me was that of Rajeev Khandelwal..the rest were just there! Rajkumar Rao shines in his cameo(even if I'd have watched this before KPC released I'd have noticed him..as the LSD guy if not more)

I loved the BG music! There is a version of Khoya Khoya Chand(which I think is the Bartender Remixed version and it sounds nice-I wasn't a fan of the entire nasal twang when I first heard it)..cinematography is a plus point!

The kids are decent-gulshan devaiya is my favorite! 

I loved loved RK's bad cop..2 scenes which stood out! when Zubin asks for his lawyer and the interrogation that follows! and when RK kicks the auto rickshaw guy!

I'd give it a 2/5! not bad, but nowhere near Paanch!


Edited by FullyFaltoo. - 30 December 2013 at 2:17am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
The worst Item Number recently?

2 3 4 5

Shaitan-Haiwan 32 2404 21 December 2013 at 3:01am
By Mallika-E-Bhais
Recently seen movies - 6

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 148 149

-Mmmmm- 1190 95910 17 December 2013 at 5:54am
By addictedlove
TV celeb who recently became MOM,... desimaganlal 0 478 23 July 2013 at 1:08pm
By desimaganlal
Most Disappointing performance recently ?

2 3

tanya.91 21 1637 22 July 2013 at 10:55am
By Dexterkilaila
Tamil movies are better than hindi movies

2 3 4

pekingexpress 30 3066 16 April 2013 at 3:39am
By hamzanuha

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.