India-Forums

Recently seen movies - 7 (Page 6)

gelato Senior Member
gelato
gelato

Posted: 27 December 2013 at 8:05am | IP Logged

Dhoom 3 : My rating 1.5/5
Things I did not like.
1. Aamir's constipated face during car chase and tap dance. Aamir Khan's ear is way too distracting. His ears looks like an elephant ears.He should have grown hair to cover his big ears.

2. Abhishek hasonly one expression throughout the movie. He was better in Dhoom. His expressions has not changed from Dhoom 2. He looks lazy throughout the movie. He does not have any screen presence. He has significant role in the movie.

3. The songs are not melodious. All songs are easily forgettable.

4. Katrina hasabout 6 scenes. Out of 6, 4 of them are songs (5th one is the dating scene and the last scene). She has 14-15 dialogues and she hardlyspeaks in Hindi. She is expressionless. Her kissing is awkward with Aamir. There is no chemistry between her and Aamir. She looks old (35+ years) in Malang song. She does not look fresh in this song.

5. The movie is way too long.

6. The entry fighting sequence of Abhishek is way too long (almost 15 minutes long).

7. The bike chase is way too long. After 5 minutes, it getsrepetitiveand boring.

8. Finally, the script has lot of loopholes and it never ends. The editing is very bad. Theycould have easily cut down to 2 hour 15 minutes which would have been ideal.

Things I liked :

1.Aamir as Samar is good. It is not one of his best movies.He is highly overrated in this movie.

2. Katrina is good in both Kamali and Junoon song.

3. I can't believe that I am saying this. Uday is much better than Abhishek and Katrina. He is kind of a relief in this boring movie. He has better lines than Abhi and Katrina.

Edited by gelato - 27 December 2013 at 10:48am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chimchimcher-ee

-Barun IF-Stunnerz
-Barun
-Barun

Posted: 27 December 2013 at 10:40am | IP Logged
The Conjuring 
3.5/5
ArishaDeepz IF-Dazzler
ArishaDeepz
ArishaDeepz

Posted: 27 December 2013 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
GTPM 
Luvsushanki IF-Dazzler
Luvsushanki
Luvsushanki

Posted: 27 December 2013 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
watch tanu weds manu. its a nic movie wid desi tashan
YusBee IF-Sizzlerz
YusBee
YusBee

Posted: 28 December 2013 at 11:20am | IP Logged
Apur Panchali..The song of Apu(Bengali)- I am sure Ray is a familiar name amongst people inclined towards cinema and Pather Panchali is one of Ray's most famous films with the central character of Apu being the most loved character of the film. Apur Panchali is a tribute to all the famous child actors who suddenly disappear all of a sudden from the silver screen forever. The film narrates the story of Subir Banerjee who at the age of 8 played Apu in Pather Panchali and rose to national and international fame. The film basically deals with what happened after Pather Panchali, how everyone completely forgot Subir once he grew up and his trials and tribulations. The film is based on the true story of Subir Banerjee.
    I wanted to watch Apur Panchali as soon as I watched the first trailer of the film. I knew it would be magical and yes,Apur Panchali was magical on screen. A brilliantly  and beautifully directed film by Kaushik Ganguly. Parambrata Chatterjee,Ardhendu Banerjee and Parno Mittra are perfect and have acted brilliantly in their roles. The film basically goes back in to the past, comes back to the present and then also includes scenes from Ray's films. There is just one instrumental music that plays in the background throughout the film and it is BRILLIANT! Such a soulful instrumental piece by Indraadip Dasgupta who has tried to recreate what Pt. Ravi Shankar did for Pather Panchali. I watched this at a film festival since the movie hasn't released yet and the theatre was jam packed with people out of which hardly 10% were bengalis. But once the film ended, there was such a huge round of applause for the film, it kind of showed how even people watching the film with subtitles enjoyed the film.

I did not find any fault at all and can easily give the film a 5/5!

Edited by YusBee - 28 December 2013 at 11:28am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chimchimcher-ee

.KuchiMama.Ds IF-Sizzlerz
.KuchiMama.Ds
.KuchiMama.Ds

Posted: 28 December 2013 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
"Bande hai hum uske hume susu ka zor "
Yeah Im talking abt Doom 3.

Aamir was just like that..as sahir.And as samar i felt like he was doing rohit of KMG.Confused
Last scene was LOLLOL

Jackie- "Aisi ki Taisi"..But I hated the part he suicides,he actually did'nt think about his two kids.

Abhi- He was good,better than Aamir atleast

Kat: Palak japakte gayab except the date scene LOLLOL

Uday: Honestly he was better than the above actors..His acting was good as ali,the bus scene cracked me up.LOL

Stunts: Lame..The most lame was aamir riding the bike on a rope.and the police instead of shooting were drooling over him SleepySleepy RIP Logic and Physics

1.5/5 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

bramcote46Heisenberg.chimchimcher-eeBeingCheviGundayVedantoblivious.-Barun

Heisenberg. IF-Dazzler
Heisenberg.
Heisenberg.

Posted: 28 December 2013 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .KuchiMama.Ds

"Bande hai hum uske hume susu ka zor "
Yeah Im talking abt Doom 3.

Aamir was just like that..as sahir.And as samar i felt like he was doing rohit of KMG.Confused
Last scene was LOLLOL

Jackie- "Aisi ki Taisi"..But I hated the part he suicides,he actually did'nt think about his two kids.

Abhi- He was good,better than Aamir atleast

Kat: Palak japakte gayab except the date scene LOLLOL

Uday: Honestly he was better than the above actors..His acting was good as ali,the bus scene cracked me up.LOL

Stunts: Lame..The most lame was aamir riding the bike on a rope.and the police instead of shooting were drooling over him SleepySleepy RIP Logic and Physics

1.5/5 

Bande hain hum uske... humein susu ka zor
Nappy pehen ke nilke... susu kardi chaaron aur

The most ridiculous part was the dad killing himself infront of his 9 year old kid, not sparing a second thought about them. LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.KuchiMama.Dsoblivious.chimchimcher-ee

.KuchiMama.Ds IF-Sizzlerz
.KuchiMama.Ds
.KuchiMama.Ds

Posted: 28 December 2013 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
^Irrade hai falaudi himmati har kadam
Apne susu ko control karke agey bar chalenge hum"

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Heisenberg.chimchimcher-eeoblivious.

Go to top