Posted: 10 years ago
watch tanu weds manu. its a nic movie wid desi tashan
Apur Panchali..The song of Apu(Bengali)- I am sure Ray is a familiar name amongst people inclined towards cinema and Pather Panchali is one of Ray's most famous films with the central character of Apu being the most loved character of the film. Apur Panchali is a tribute to all the famous child actors who suddenly disappear all of a sudden from the silver screen forever. The film narrates the story of Subir Banerjee who at the age of 8 played Apu in Pather Panchali and rose to national and international fame. The film basically deals with what happened after Pather Panchali, how everyone completely forgot Subir once he grew up and his trials and tribulations. The film is based on the true story of Subir Banerjee.
    I wanted to watch Apur Panchali as soon as I watched the first trailer of the film. I knew it would be magical and yes,Apur Panchali was magical on screen. A brilliantly  and beautifully directed film by Kaushik Ganguly. Parambrata Chatterjee,Ardhendu Banerjee and Parno Mittra are perfect and have acted brilliantly in their roles. The film basically goes back in to the past, comes back to the present and then also includes scenes from Ray's films. There is just one instrumental music that plays in the background throughout the film and it is BRILLIANT! Such a soulful instrumental piece by Indraadip Dasgupta who has tried to recreate what Pt. Ravi Shankar did for Pather Panchali. I watched this at a film festival since the movie hasn't released yet and the theatre was jam packed with people out of which hardly 10% were bengalis. But once the film ended, there was such a huge round of applause for the film, it kind of showed how even people watching the film with subtitles enjoyed the film.

I did not find any fault at all and can easily give the film a 5/5!
Edited by YusBee - 10 years ago
"Bande hai hum uske hume susu ka zor "
Yeah Im talking abt Doom 3.

Aamir was just like that..as sahir.And as samar i felt like he was doing rohit of KMG.😕
Last scene was 😆😆

Jackie- "Aisi ki Taisi"..But I hated the part he suicides,he actually did'nt think about his two kids.

Abhi- He was good,better than Aamir atleast

Kat: Palak japakte gayab except the date scene 😆😆

Uday: Honestly he was better than the above actors..His acting was good as ali,the bus scene cracked me up.😆

Stunts: Lame..The most lame was aamir riding the bike on a rope.and the police instead of shooting were drooling over him 🥱🥱 RIP Logic and Physics

1.5/5 
Originally posted by .KuchiMama.Ds

"Bande hai hum uske hume susu ka zor "
Yeah Im talking abt Doom 3.

Aamir was just like that..as sahir.And as samar i felt like he was doing rohit of KMG.😕
Last scene was 😆😆

Jackie- "Aisi ki Taisi"..But I hated the part he suicides,he actually did'nt think about his two kids.

Abhi- He was good,better than Aamir atleast

Kat: Palak japakte gayab except the date scene 😆😆

Uday: Honestly he was better than the above actors..His acting was good as ali,the bus scene cracked me up.😆

Stunts: Lame..The most lame was aamir riding the bike on a rope.and the police instead of shooting were drooling over him 🥱🥱 RIP Logic and Physics

1.5/5 

Bande hain hum uske... humein susu ka zor
Nappy pehen ke nilke... susu kardi chaaron aur

The most ridiculous part was the dad killing himself infront of his 9 year old kid, not sparing a second thought about them. 😆
^Irrade hai falaudi himmati har kadam
Apne susu ko control karke agey bar chalenge hum"
I need a place to officially vent about Dhoom 3, and then I remembered this thread on the forum. I feel like if I can stop one person from wasting three precious hours of their life, I will have made a difference in the world. 😆
I never watch Bollywood movies in theaters, and I think the last one I saw was English Vinglish. In a moment of weakness (or perhaps foolishness), I decided to watch D3 with my family in theaters ... what a complete utter waste of my time. What WAS that? Terrible plot ... ridiculous stunts and terrible dialogues. The action sequences were sooo long and it was one after the other after the other. I mean besides Aamir Khan none of the actors actually needed any dialogues really. 

It's nice to see that Bollywood is moving forward in modern times of technology and innovation and is able to show action sequences like these but having technology does not automatically give them the right to misuse technology ... I mean do logic, physics, common sense all fly out the window when they're coming up with these stunts?

Lastly, the best part about watching movies like say the Oceans series or Now You See Me is that they show you how the robbery or the magic trick was done. You get to see the idea behind it - and that's where the actual intelligence of the writing come into play. Bravo to Bollywood for making a movie on such a grand scale that there was no need to work on that part of the script. Perhaps the audience is so intelligent that they can figure out on their own how Aamir Khan was robbing all these banks that they don't need the writers to show them. 

Give me a break! What a disappointment. And the major twist - how convenient. It's like a Bollywood movie from the 80s with today's technology. 

/rant over
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I need a place to officially vent about Dhoom 3, and then I remembered this thread on the forum. I feel like if I can stop one person from wasting three precious hours of their life, I will have made a difference in the world. 😆
I never watch Bollywood movies in theaters, and I think the last one I saw was English Vinglish. In a moment of weakness (or perhaps foolishness), I decided to watch D3 with my family in theaters ... what a complete utter waste of my time. What WAS that? Terrible plot ... ridiculous stunts and terrible dialogues. The action sequences were sooo long and it was one after the other after the other. I mean besides Aamir Khan none of the actors actually needed any dialogues really. 

It's nice to see that Bollywood is moving forward in modern times of technology and innovation and is able to show action sequences like these but having technology does not automatically give them the right to misuse technology ... I mean do logic, physics, common sense all fly out the window when they're coming up with these stunts?

Lastly, the best part about watching movies like say the Oceans series or Now You See Me is that they show you how the robbery or the magic trick was done. You get to see the idea behind it - and that's where the actual intelligence of the writing come into play. Bravo to Bollywood for making a movie on such a grand scale that there was no need to work on that part of the script. Perhaps the audience is so intelligent that they can figure out on their own how Aamir Khan was robbing all these banks that they don't need the writers to show them. 

Give me a break! What a disappointment. And the major twist - how convenient. It's like a Bollywood movie from the 80s with today's technology. 

/rant over

Wanted to say the exact same thing!

I honestly went in expecting that it will be robberies done with magic...just like in Now You See Me. ALL I saw in D3 was money flying out of the bank after the job was done. W*F? I felt like the whole entire movie I saw bike chases. EVERY MINUTE. Where the hell is the plot? What kind of a ridiculous shit of a  story or a twist is that? The twist - there are 2! REALLY? 

What was the need of Katrina Kaif in the movie? What is her role exactly?

I think the real problem is that you can't connect with the sahir/samar characters and their story. It's so far fetched.  Overall, horrible movie! D2 was wayyy ahead! At least it had some kind of a plot and roles to all of the characters. No mindless bike chases.

Save your money! 
Originally posted by Rapier

Wanted to say the exact same thing!

I honestly went in expecting that it will be robberies done with magic...just like in Now You See Me. ALL I saw in D3 was money flying out of the bank after the job was done. W*F? I felt like the whole entire movie I saw bike chases. EVERY MINUTE. Where the hell is the plot? What kind of a ridiculous shit of a  story or a twist is that? The twist - there are 2! REALLY? 

What was the need of Katrina Kaif in the movie? What is her role exactly?

I think the real problem is that you can't connect with the sahir/samar characters and their story. It's so far fetched.  Overall, horrible movie! D2 was wayyy ahead! At least it had some kind of a plot and roles to all of the characters. No mindless bike chases.

Save your money! 

Rapz - the best part was when Anderson asks the white girl cop/investigator who's behind these robberies and she declares all she can say at the moment is that it's a thief. I lost it at that part and chuckled really loudly in the theater. I really wanted to stand up and applaud the writers at that point. 😆 

@Katrina Kaif: Don't be silly, Rapz, what's her role in ANY movie, really? 😆 I will say she danced well in Kamli, at least there's something she's good at. 

It was so funny to see Aamir Khan singing and dancing. I was like seriously?! This is what the world has come down to now!

I don't remember really liking D2 either so I'll reserve comment there. I remember the first one was light-hearted and had funny moments. Or maybe I was just young and stupid then.

You said it best - W*F was that!
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Rapz - the best part was when Anderson asks the white girl cop/investigator who's behind these robberies and she declares all she can say at the moment is that it's a thief. I lost it at that part and chuckled really loudly in the theater. I really wanted to stand up and applaud the writers at that point. 😆 

@Katrina Kaif: Don't be silly, Rapz, what's her role in ANY movie, really? 😆 I will say she danced well in Kamli, at least there's something she's good at. 

It was so funny to see Aamir Khan singing and dancing. I was like seriously?! This is what the world has come down to now!

I don't remember really liking D2 either so I'll reserve comment there. I remember the first one was light-hearted and had funny moments. Or maybe I was just young and stupid then.

You said it best - W*F was that!

LOL! A lot of people in the theater laughed at that!😆 I mean awesome dialogues right there!👏

@Katrina: Well that is true, but Aish and Bips had a ROLE in the last movie. This girl did NOTHING! That's what's bothering me!

Aamir Khan doing such a low quality movie (script wise) was not expected. I like his work, but this is a huge disappointment.

D2 had it's share of far fetched moments but the thing is, it had a PLOT! It had a purpose and direction! Which this movie showed no signs of!
I, me aur main:
Moral of the story: men are dogs coz they are spoilt as kids!

The winner for me is Chits! man is she hot! I still can't get over why would any man leave someone as good looking(and successful) as her to be with what I would describe as one of the most irritating characters ever! Prachi borders on immature as Gauri Liked Mini as the behen! felt bad seeing Raima in a role which could have been played by just about anyone!

The music isn't worth mentioning! I'd give a 5/5 for Chits(I have such a huge crush on her) but then a -2 for John and a -3 for Prachi! so yeah! watch it only if you're as vela as me and the other opportunity cost is trolling on IF!