Time to announce my retirement: Sonu Nigam - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
Im pretty sure this is his way of getting more work. Or at least an attempt to get more work.
Piracy affected west also but still music sells look at 21 album by adele still sold 30 million copies in this age! N in west singers r making more than actors whenever i see that forbes list n here in bolly they gest paid so less. If u see aashiqi 2 success was mainly of its music. If music have flopped film have never got success! Our singers r treated like shit but look at the west
Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

Im pretty sure this is his way of getting more work. Or at least an attempt to get more work.

its not a publicity stunt its an serious issue for all the playback singers for Hindi Films and he is leading the campaign named (ISRA) Indian singers right Association ...
Edited by sonunigamfan - 10 years ago
Originally posted by adyluvskat

Piracy affected west also but still music sells look at 21 album by adele still sold 30 million copies in this age! N in west singers r making more than actors whenever i see that forbes list n here in bolly they gest paid so less. If u see aashiqi 2 success was mainly of its music. If music have flopped film have never got success! Our singers r treated like shit but look at the west

music scene in west is completely different from Bollywood ...

Sonu Nigam is taken aback by the press note issued by the music tycoon T-Series. But that does not stop him from voicing his view.
Here is what the singer has to say about the contract not being signed by the company with him. "The issue is precisely that. If they haven't signed a contract with us in the last five years then now why are they locking horns with us? Why are they worried about the entire thing that is happening? What is bothering them so much? If you haven't signed a contract then let the producers handle the matter. That statement in itself is an oxymoron. This is a simple power game but I do not want any negativity in the relationship. There are many singers including Neeti, Nikhil and a lot more who have not signed the contract. Its not my decision but it's the association ISRA (Indian Singers Rights Association) and SAI (Singers Association of India) who has decided this. If my association asks me to do so I shall sign it. There is no bad blood between me and T-Series and I need that they need to get rid of this idea. They have just seen the tail of the elephant, there is a lot more to come. We are not trying to change the law," said he.
Nigam also appealed to the fans to trust them and said that he was belling the cat. "The whole industry is aware of illegal things that are happening and they have just kept a mum over the entire issue. I am just following what my association is asking me to do. Its almost like a sati pratha'. This is like me proposing to my wife and asking for dowry just because she is gets a chance to spend her life with Sonu Nigam. This is termed as feudal mindset. If this is the case then, all the stalwarts of the industry are no where. For them people like Ashaji, Lataji, Rafi Sahab did not contribute to the industry at all. If they think that any singer can sing, they let them do so.
Furthermore he said, "T-Series has been monopolising the market. Since more than 90 per cent of Bollywood music has been released by them, wherein any company is not allowed to capture more than 50 per cent of the market. This is constitutionally wrong. You can be the nexus that you are the only one who is working. Other companies are suffering because of T-Series.
For his statement about quitting Bollywood, he said, "There will be no option left for me if someone keeps pestering me to sign the contract than quitting Bollywood will be the only option. First of all they take away my dignity and then they make me liable. We shall surely come out in open with all the contracts after our association decides something about this."
Radioandmusic.com will bring in more opinions from the singer fraternity to get their views on the same. Watch this space!

MUMBAI: Sonu Nigam is taken aback by the press note issued by the music tycoon T-Series. But that does not stop him from voicing his view.

Here is what the singer has to say about the contract not being signed by the company with him. "The issue is precisely that. If they haven't signed a contract with us in the last five years then now why are they locking horns with us? Why are they worried about the entire thing that is happening? What is bothering them so much? If you haven't signed a contract then let the producers handle the matter. That statement in itself is an oxymoron. This is a simple power game but I do not want any negativity in the relationship. There are many singers including Neeti, Nikhil and a lot more who have not signed the contract. Its not my decision but it's the association ISRA (Indian Singers Rights Association) and SAI (Singers Association of India) who has decided this. If my association asks me to do so I shall sign it. There is no bad blood between me and T-Series and I need that they need to get rid of this idea. They have just seen the tail of the elephant, there is a lot more to come. We are not trying to change the law," said he.

Nigam also appealed to the fans to trust them and said that he was belling the cat. "The whole industry is aware of illegal things that are happening and they have just kept a mum over the entire issue. I am just following what my association is asking me to do. Its almost like a sati pratha'. This is like me proposing to my wife and asking for dowry just because she is gets a chance to spend her life with Sonu Nigam. This is termed as feudal mindset. If this is the case then, all the stalwarts of the industry are no where. For them people like Ashaji, Lataji, Rafi Sahab did not contribute to the industry at all. If they think that any singer can sing, they let them do so.

Furthermore he said, "T-Series has been monopolising the market. Since more than 90 per cent of Bollywood music has been released by them, wherein any company is not allowed to capture more than 50 per cent of the
market. This is constitutionally wrong. You can be the nexus that you are the only one who is working. Other companies are suffering because of T-Series.

For his statement about quitting Bollywood, he said, "There will be no option left for me if someone keeps pestering me to sign the contract than quitting Bollywood will be the only option. First of all they take away my dignity and then they make me liable. We shall surely come out in open with all the contracts after our association decides something about this."