Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: HappyMelody

@Jas

So LMH is heading for the Army? I don't understand why it's mandatory for Koreans to serve the Army. Anyways I'm gonna miss him cuz I can't get myself to watch non LMH stuff these days. I'm back on Personal Taste, Faith and City Hunter post Heirs

I think it's a rumor...LMH has a couple years to go before he hit's the army run, and I feel like this is probably a good time to build up some more movies/hit dramas before going off with a bang...cause I mean, the man is a hot commodity right now...

Mandatory army service is a HUGE deal in Korea - especially right now since North Korea just released a threat that they're going to "surprise" attack S.K whenever they want (could be an empty threat since they've been throwing out random threats like these for years but I mean, N.K's got a hot and volatile young blood president now who has been publicly executing his own family members, so I don't know)...but anyway, celebrities and army service is so huge that those who have tried to evade or play around with the rules (see case in point, both se7en and Rain are getting SO MUCH flak for trying to skip out on service) that they've lost fans and a whole lot of them. Let's just say, army service is less service and more of a bat mitvah into man hood😆, if that makes any sense lol And if you do something extraordinary for service (ie. Taecyeon from 2pm, giving up his american citizenship to become a korean citizen and then requesting active service duty rather than one of the clerical or stage positions as most celebrities do) has gained a ton of fans over the past couple months. 

lol maybe too much information here but I find the whole army service thing fascinating in S.K so thought I'd share!
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@sweetsorrow I know that collectivist culture get a lot of crap from the west but coming from one myself, I am just too proud and too biased not to look through the rose colored glasses. they do all this to maintain group harmony and boy is our (and by our I mean collectivist) relational harmony 10x better than the west. sometimes me, me, me isn't the best strategy. and yes I know mandatory army service has HUGE problems but I am biased. also glob taecyeon so much (don't really know why, probably dat smile). 
sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: DonnaHarvey

@sweetsorrow I know that collectivist culture get a lot of crap from the west but coming from one myself, I am just too proud and too biased not to look through the rose colored glasses. they do all this to maintain group harmony and boy is our (and by our I mean collectivist) relational harmony 10x better than the west. sometimes me, me, me isn't the best strategy. and yes I know mandatory army service has HUGE problems but I am biased. also glob taecyeon so much (don't really know why, probably dat smile). 

I also find collectivist culture very fascinating, though not growing up in one myself, its interesting how it affects the community, and yes you're completely right...sometimes the whole "me me me" thing isn't the best strategy at all...and then sometimes you get everyone up in everyone's business too so it's a very interesting thing to look at ...

and yes taecyeon is a cutie patootie.
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
@Sweetsorrow18
Thanks for sharing the info. It did help as I was not very aware of this Korean war. Anyhow I just hope there won't be any attacks because I, myself have lived in that fear with the Sri Lankan civil war which lasted for 20 years and ended recently. Now only we, as people get to breath easily so I know the horrendous feeling of living under fear and pressure

Well we don't have a rule here to join the army so that's the part that I don't get with Korea. Anyways I hope nothing bad happens to that country
Desichiqneez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: MMBG

lol same here. I am rewatching all my fav dramas.. 

Master's sun
Moon Embracing the sun
Gu family book
My girlfriend is gumiho
School 2013
I can Hear your voice
Arang and the magistrate 

are these series have hawt assemble cast lyk heirs too???😆🤪