Debate Mansion

Do women HAVE to be thin??

DianaPrince thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

why are all models skinny??

is it an ideal image of a girl?? to be size 0!!

Sonakshi has been criticized for her weight.
People even criticised Aish who just had a baby!!

do women have to be lean and 0 % fat??

Do guys like thin women??

if size 0 is not required in real life, then why media always present  36-24-36 to be the perfect size??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Women don't have to be thin or fat, just be healthy. An extreme of anything - skinny or fat is never good. There are ideal weight ranges, but depending on other factors women can be heavier/lighter than these ranges and still maintain excellent health and fitness.

After that we come to personal preferences. Models have been shown to be super skinny, so the trend and expectation has been for women to be skinny. However, men range in tastes. Some men do prefer exceptionally skinny women. There are also men who like large women too. Most men though seek women within the average size ranges. Depending on other factors like looks and personality they may go for someone heavier or lighter as well.

But everyone has personal tastes. I don't think men or women need to be a certain way to please the opposite gender though. Mutual attraction just happens.

Zero sizes, sheeny plasticy legs, wooden planks sell in Bollywood. Flab doesn't as much!
maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
as of today, this is how I tell repeatedly and it is based on what I am learning. What I am finding is certain truths work for both men and women. 
And based on what I learn every person is entitled to find what is in for the highest good for that person and that highest good includes both physical health and mental health. That way whether a woman is thin or fat doesn't matter. What is good for each person is unique. And most importantly I learn, one is not to imitate others and also that I can't find what is the truth based on what the society prefers. Jhansi Rani or Madame Curie worked on their precious life knowing these truths and not looked into what the society looks for from them. 

How does the criticism of people matter? Are they going to give you food? And so how does what media say matter? Only point I know is go where your fortune awaits you.

The question you asked is a good one.

DianaPrince thumbnail
Originally posted by: maha2us

as of today, this is how I tell repeatedly and it is based on what I am learning. What I am finding is certain truths work for both men and women. 

And based on what I learn every person is entitled to find what is in for the highest good for that person and that highest good includes both physical health and mental health. That way whether a woman is thin or fat doesn't matter. What is good for each person is unique. And most importantly I learn, one is not to imitate others and also that I can't find what is the truth based on what the society prefers. Jhansi Rani or Madame Curie worked on their precious life knowing these truths and not looked into what the society looks for from them. 

How does the criticism of people matter? Are they going to give you food? And so how does what media say matter? Only point I know is go where your fortune awaits you.

The question you asked is a good one.

i thinks it depends most on from who it comes!!

constructive criticism is important

at the end of the day we have to live among humans and we don't want to be socially excluded๐Ÿ˜Š

i asked this question cause most of the time i hear thin and healthy girls in my class complaining about their weight...
1 kg of weight gain= end of the world

i never cared about these things so just wanted to know is it a must for women to be thin..
i do agree with this๐Ÿ‘
every person is entitled to find what is in for the highest good for that person and that highest good includes both physical health and mental health

being healthy is the most important for me๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Edited by LadyDabangg - 10 years ago
DianaPrince thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Women don't have to be thin or fat, just be healthy. An extreme of anything - skinny or fat is never good. There are ideal weight ranges, but depending on other factors women can be heavier/lighter than these ranges and still maintain excellent health and fitness.

After that we come to personal preferences. Models have been shown to be super skinny, so the trend and expectation has been for women to be skinny. However, men range in tastes. Some men do prefer exceptionally skinny women. There are also men who like large women too. Most men though seek women within the average size ranges. Depending on other factors like looks and personality they may go for someone heavier or lighter as well.

But everyone has personal tastes. I don't think men or women need to be a certain way to please the opposite gender though. Mutual attraction just happens.

loved that answer๐Ÿ‘
gives me confidence
๐Ÿ˜Ž
BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: LadyDabangg

if size 0 is not required in real life, then why media always present  36-24-36 to be the perfect size??

as a guy. I don't get the size 0 obsession. I prefer women with 'substance', anything size 4 to 8? Thin women look attractive from far but when you get close, you realize there's not much anywhere.

if i were to ever love a woman, like real love, i'd want her first and foremost to be in good health 'till death do us apart'. She could be a bit heavier or lighter, but if she had a really pretty face and could carry herself well, it wouldn't matter to me. We all have strengths and weaknesses, and as long as our strengths dominate, the flaws can be overlooked. To me, the woman i'd love would be beautiful however she is and the rest of the world could go for a toss..
DianaPrince thumbnail
Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

as a guy. I don't get the size 0 obsession. I prefer women with 'substance', anything size 4 to 8? Thin women look attractive from far but when you get close, you realize there's not much anywhere.

if i were to ever love a woman, like real love, i'd want her first and foremost to be in good health 'till death do us apart'. She could be a bit heavier or lighter, but if she had a really pretty face and could carry herself well, it wouldn't matter to me. We all have strengths and weaknesses, and as long as our strengths dominate, the flaws can be overlooked. To me, the woman i'd love would be beautiful however she is and the rest of the world could go for a toss..

i also never got the size zero obsession!!

perhaps the media is to be blamed for portrayal of women-always thin!!

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Do guys like thin women??  Real men like curves...Only dogs like bones...๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

if size 0 is not required in real life, then why media always present  36-24-36 to be the perfect size??--If you're a size 0 we shouldn't be able to see you.๐Ÿ˜›

size doesn't matter!!...Wear a smile. One size fits all๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Awfulggt thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

No, women do not HAVE to be thin. That said, i think fitness is important for any one either male or female. When one is fit, there is more scope for the person to be active and healthy which in turn gives confidence making the mind healthy too. A good balance of healthy eating and work outs makes one fit and it shows how well a person balances things.And i believe being size zero does not mean being fit. Size zero females are usually underweight which means they aren't healthy. 

Speaking about models, even men in that profession maintain good physique.  So it is not just about  women being thin. And one need not consider the opinions of people who criticize any woman(let alone Ash)  and her body weight soon after she gives birth. 

I do not know if guys like thin women. I think it is all individual choices and how deep they are in love with each other.