Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DEEPZzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

ET Awards 2013: Deepika Padukone takes centrestage

Posted on December 10, 2013

Deepika Padukone, who's acted in some of Bollywood's biggest hits, confessed to a few nerves before proceedings got underway at the ET Awards night, giving strict instructions not to tinker with the agreed script.

"Please, don't add a single line more!" In the event, not only did she perform her role as co-host with great poise, but she also responded to unscripted situations with the sort of spontaneous charm that comes instinctively to superstars, even those not gifted with Padukone's deep dimples. Meanwhile, ET Business Leader of the Year Kumar Kumar Mangalam Birla showed himself adept at turning on the charm too. When Padukone referred to him as sir', the chairman of the Aditya Birla group said with a grin, "Just call me Kumar. If you call me sir, I'll have to call you ma'am."

His elegant wife Neerja Birla had a request for the young star. She wanted a picture of herself with the actress. "I need to send it to my daughter from my phone," she explained as the two posed. One of the Birla girls, it turns out, is a huge Padukone fan.

The actress and model cut quite a figure on Saturday night in a black Sabyasachi saree, with a plain black sleeveless blouse. She decided to go light on the jewellery, highlighting her long neck by keeping it bare. She restricted the ornaments to a pair of long, gold Jadau earrings, with her hair stylist pulling her hair back in a severe, grunge bun, keeping in mind the open-air venue but also allowing a clear view of of the famed RK tattoo. Cool as she looks, Padukone prefers the warmth " she doesn't like the air-conditioning turned down too low. Even her dark blue Audi A8 has the temperature set at a comfortable' rather than chilly level.

Padukone needn't have been worried about how well the crowd would receive her as host along with ET Now anchor Sandeep Gurumurthi. At one stage, Nandan Nilekani, an ET Awards jury member, cracked wise: "Maybe a photo with you would add to my glamour quotient." The chairman of the Unique Identification Authority of India happens to be the actor's uncle. Padukone's starring role at the ET Awards come in a year in which she's been part of four other hits " Chennai Express (which has grossed over Rs 200 crore), Yeh Jawaani Jai Deewani (Rs 170 crore), Ram Leela (Rs 100 crore and counting) and Race 2 (Rs 100 crore). Naturally, she was a big draw at the Saturday night event, with many invitees having met her before.

So what did the actor with more than Rs 550 crore in net box office collections across her four releases this year think about her experience at the ET Awards? "The ET Awards gave me an understanding of a world that I knew little about," Padukone said later. "Everyone there was very warm and lively. To know about their achievements and to see them getting recognised made me more aware of the excellence that exists in our corporate world."

DEEPZzzz thumbnail

Deepika gets four nominations at BIG Star awards

Posted on December 9, 2013

Deepika gets four nominations at BIG Star awards

December 9th 2013

Mumbai: With four back to back hits this year, it is quite natural for Deepika Padukone to lead the nomination categories at award functions. The actress has been nominated in four categories at the BIG Star Entertainment Awards this year.

The fourth edition of BIG Star Entertainment Awards is scheduled to take place Dec 18, said a statement.

And Deepika's list of nominations includes - most entertaining actor in a thriller film for "Race 2; most entertaining actor in a comedy film for "Chennai Express"; most entertaining actor in a romantic film for "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" and "Ram-leela"; and finally most entertaining dancer for her performance in "Ram-leela".

She started the year with Abbas-Mustan directed action thriller "Race 2", which earned Rs.100 crore. Later she impressed the audience as a nerdy character in "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani".

Followed by her entertaining act as a South Indian girl in the box office record-breaking movie "Chennai Express".

Her last release was "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela", in which director Sanjay Leela Bhansali presented her as a Gujarati girl and people not only enjoyed the film, they also appreciated her chemistry with co-star Ranveer Singh.

The free-flowing, unmeasured and operatic opulence hit the bull's eye at the box office.

Source

DEEPZzzz thumbnail

Did Deepika Padukone Have a Wardrobe Malfunction?

Update: Thanks to Deepika Padukones stylist Anaita Adajania we've got deets on this jacket she's wearing and no, it's not a malfunction at all :)

Amitabh Bachchan and Deepika Padukone

These pictures were uploaded by Amitabh Bachchan on his Facebook page hours ago. All taken from Anupama Chopras Front Row shoot with Big B, Aamir Khan, Farhan Akthar, Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone as guests!

What caught my attention though is not Bachchan and Deepika featuring in the same frame, but how her jacket appears to be torn! I don't know if this was a malfunction or her jacket has just has some kind of open slit on the sides, but nevertheless the photo has become topic of heated debate with some people in the Industry!

Deepika Padukone and Amitabh Bachchan

This episode airs January 4th.
Psst, feel free to leave your thoughts about Ranveer's suit in the comments below :) Hahaha

Farhan Akhtar, Ranveer Singh, Anupama Chopra, Amitabh Bachchan and Deepika Padukone

*Aha! So we got an update from Deepika's stylist Anaita Adajania on Twitter, apparently that's the style! Stay tuned for deets...

NazimKiDewani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
ohhh wow lovely thread Deepz πŸ˜ƒ
as u know im also a craziest fan of phenomenal beauty... Will diffinatly make something and send u soon.. 😳

Thanx for the pm.
...Mallu... thumbnail
Congratulationsss .. <3333
Advance Happiee Birthday ..

NoFace thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
olala olala olala olala 
NoFace thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail