*Let's Make A Movie!* ~ Sign Up NOW!

-BlueEyes- IF-Sizzlerz
-BlueEyes-
-BlueEyes-

Eccentric CC Captain

Posted: 07 December 2013 at 8:50pm | IP Logged

~ OS Contest ~

Welcome!

For those who don't know me, I'm Manjari, and I'm back with a brand new idea for an OS contest. Since the most awaited Bollywood movies are released around Christmas and New years, therefore, I thought our IF fan fiction writers could also write their own movies. Sounds interesting?

What makes a Bollywood movie hit?

Drama - Romance - Comedy - Dialogues - Hot Hero - Sizzling Heroine - Even hotter Villain - and a good setting!

OR in Vidya Balan's words - Entertainment. Entertainment. Entertainment.

So I hope to receive many HIT movies and active participation from both readers and writers! 

Please help me spread the word for this contest .Embarrassed

Edited by -BlueEyes- - 07 December 2013 at 10:53pm

The following 112 member(s) liked the above post:

gk_09jeemanrocks--Yashvi--PlumesOfLexisvi1772843271_ncshekha2012White_FlowerSanaparveenkklgirlsweetyyyyyyysarah_sarunnavya_arsha-Swetha--Koeli_Appy-TeriGalliyan..MistyMornings.shabnam22AR4eve-SharNeela-Krazzy4u786-ILoveSaRun-mika17khyati2000surbhi1994Harshamaracelinawalterrakhiankitataarey-forevermy_angel...Angel-Jot.Smileyface.Farzi.KhotaSikaShreyaanjalisen85Ayushii_Angelpinky.paddaKittya_CullenMissu_TRHina69shass.AriSe.To.LoVe.carnations.prettyjiMon_trJannat94binimotirakicinthiann1758beenish248Aennahangok..Labyrinth..dieforasrranogillPearl_Oyster-Farwa_Ibrahim-sruthickcrazy2012sspoorthySanskritiSAnarocksickTake_Thatsuji5-phenomenal-..Aimmy...-MissBoiiVamp-raddhiwiwy-GoluGudiya-Javeria3991shona_arhiloverpriyanka1998sikhni_krati5veenishaalekhika20sameera_12.SilentPrincessbhaktiiiangeldream14...Mallu...ambeernkupkakesgill123siva2901BerryBlush07FeistyQueenDeedeepa1DUGGUlicious--Ruchi--Siddhi_-Xpress-preity_dsummaiyasayed-reine-2111_shwetaBarun_GfSobtiFanShreeCrazyBoy-.Hd.-niki795SrilathalollaArSha_CookieBorn2DancelehrEphemerasreelu094..Gunjan..lazyleaveswhiterose29nature2goldenmoon...Jes...

-BlueEyes- IF-Sizzlerz
-BlueEyes-
-BlueEyes-

Eccentric CC Captain

Posted: 07 December 2013 at 8:50pm | IP Logged

# First step in making a movie is PLOT. Think of a story - it can be tragedy, comedy, romance or even action! Be original, think like a director. Make sure you haven't posted the plot on the forum before and it's your own. Be creative and make it entertaining!

# Next comes the actors. Now here's a rule you've got to keep in mind. When it comes to picking your hero and heroine make sure they do NOT belong to the same show! Mix them up a little, make new couples!

Eg: You can pair Arnav [IPK] up with Akshara [YRKKH]. Damon [TVD] with Gunjan [MJHT]. RK [Madhubala] with Khushi [IPK] or something like that! But you CANNOT pair Arnav and Khushi [IPK] or Damon/Stefan and Elena [TVD] Get it?

Basically, your hero and heroine have to be from DIFFERENT TV Shows.

# Since there is a hero/ heroine there has to be a villain. [Preferably] but this rule is not compulsory.

# The characterization of the hero, heroine & villain should be similar [ doesn't have to be identical ] to the characters in the show. You may improvise and develop the characters but do NOT change the basic characterization!

For Instance, if you choose Asad Ahmed Khan then he has to be Arkdu, tough and very smart. If you choose Madhubala, then she must be down-to-earth, happy-go-lucky, honest etc. If you choose Mike [Suits] he should be smart, cool, outspoken, etc. I hope you get what I mean.

# Another very important part of a movie is the script. Please try to stick to English for the narration though dialogues may be in Hindi.

Make sure the Dialogues are good because dialogues can make a movie hit !

You may use dialogues already written before or make up your own dialogues.

# The CLIMAX of the movie should also be Dhamakedar because that is the part of the movie that the audience leaves the hall with! So remember that for extra points.

# Something that we cannot have in our movies here are songs! LOL.

# Last but not the least, is the TITLE of your movie. Make it catchy, apt and bold.

# Word Limit: 5000 words [Approximately]

* While writing the OS please keep in mind the IF code of conduct. Use of FOUL language will not be acceptable.

~

Last Date Of Submission of Entries: 31st December

Last Date to Sign Up: 30th December

@All entries are to be PMed to my a/c ~ -BlueEyes- , the subject being ~ Entry for OS Contest

Do not post the OS anywhere on india-forums. Make sure you only send it to me. Do not not share this OS prior to the contest.

@Full anonymity will be maintained.

If you violate any IF rules or contest rules you will be disqualified. I will be checking every entry before sending it to the judges so please make sure you have read all the rules thoroughly.

If you have any other questions/ queries please drop a comment or PM me :) 

Edited by -BlueEyes- - 18 December 2013 at 3:15am

The following 79 member(s) liked the above post:

--Yashvi--PlumesOfLexisvi1772843271_ncWhite_Flowersarah_sarunGarimavirmanksgneghanavya_arsha.LovelyDreamer.-Swetha--Koeli_Appy--FrozenRain-TeriGalliyan.princessaaliyamika17rakhiankitakhyati2000Angel-Jot.KhotaSikaShreyaSmileyfaceMissu_TRAyushii_AngelLavleenaSJannat94beenish248mubina_m19Hina69shassAasmaalicarnations..AriSe.To.LoVe.priyanka1998shona_arhiloverJaveria3991-phenomenal-Angel-luvs-shangok..Labyrinth..Pearl_OysterTake_Thatraddhi-MissBoiiVamp-AnarocksickSanskritiScrazy2012jisasruthickbhaktiiiangeldream14ambeernkabslockskupkakes..nams..alekhika20DUGGUliciousSoulmate_SanaSiddhi_Maria.FeistyQueenDeedeepa1SobtiFanShreeCrazyBoy-.Hd.-EphemeralehrSrilathalollaArSha_CookieBorn2DanceMeenu_Luvs_ASRpreity_dsummaiyasayed2111_shwetaBarun_GfDr.AALUSLOLWAlazyleavesnature2whiterose29nikita_88goldenmoon...Jes...

-BlueEyes- IF-Sizzlerz
-BlueEyes-
-BlueEyes-

Eccentric CC Captain

Posted: 07 December 2013 at 8:51pm | IP Logged

You will be judged by Smileyface ,Angel-Jot., BalamPichkari & gk_09

The prizes will be divided into two parts ~ critics & popular choice.

Each judge will score each entry on  50 points on the following five categories:

1.    Title - On how catchy, unique & apt it is with respect to your OS.

2.    Plot - It's concept, substance, originality

3.    Language & Dialogues - vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, and other language skills. Dialogues should be smart and apt.

4.    Chemistry - the chemistry between the pair created by you. The romance, the connection, the relationship.

5.    Entertainment quotient - that's self explanatory, isn't it?

#Each judge = 50 points. Total Points = 200.

Critics will be totally on the judges scores and popular choice prizes will be on the number of votes. More details on this will be mentioned when I post the thread containing the entries :)

I would request the readers to remember these points when they cast their votes.

~

Want to take part? Sign Up NOW!

@Send a PM to my a/c ~ -BlueEyes-

@Make sure the subject of the PM is ~ Let's Make a Movie - Sign Up

@In the PM, mention the following details -

~ Name =

~ Username =

~ Hero =

~ Heroine =

~ Villain =

~ Tentative date of entry submission =

Please make sure you only sign up if you are sure about the contest. Any questions/queries drop a comment or a PM me, I will get back to you ASAP.

I would like to thank the FF section DTs for allowing me to conduct this contest!

~Manjari :) 

P.S. Please spread the word about this contest so we can have more participation :)

Edited by -BlueEyes- - 07 December 2013 at 11:38pm

The following 62 member(s) liked the above post:

--Yashvi--PlumesOfLexisvi1772843271_ncFrozen_AnaWhite_Flower-FrozenRain--Koeli_Appy-TeriGalliyan..LovelyDreamer.-Swetha-princessaaliyamika17khyati2000Angel-Jot.KhotaSikaShreyaSmileyfaceKittya_Cullendbr_kmichiMissu_TRshassAasmaaliHina69sutapasarbabhomLavleenaSJannat94beenish248.AriSe.To.LoVe.shona_arhilover-phenomenal-Angel-luvs-sTake_That..Labyrinth..Pearl_Oysterhangok-MissBoiiVamp-raddhiSanskritiSAnarocksicksruthickambeernkupkakes..nams..FeistyQueenMaria.DUGGUliciousSiddhi_summaiyasayedDeedeepa1preity_dCrazyBoy-.Hd.-lehrEphemeraBorn2DanceSrilathalolla..Gunjan..2111_shwetaBarun_GfDr.AALUSLOLWAlazyleaveswhiterose29nikita_88goldenmoon

-BlueEyes- IF-Sizzlerz
-BlueEyes-
-BlueEyes-

Eccentric CC Captain

Posted: 07 December 2013 at 9:17pm | IP Logged

[The common questions asked by many members will be posted here along with the answers]

Q1. you said that the characterization of the character should be same as in the show... so do you mean  RK is an actor in the show so he has to be an actor only and if Arnav is Businessman, he has to be one??  and same goes with the Female protagonists???

Ans : No. you may change their occupation but their values, ideals, attitudes, nature should be similar to that in the show! Embarrassed 

Q2. Can we pair Arnav [IPK] and Gunjan [MJHT] or Samrat [MJHT] and Khushi [IPK]?

Ans: Please don't do that. We want to see your creativity and originality with the couples! How you can mix them up and yet come through with a new and refreshing couple with great chemistry! 

Q3. do we necessarily have to stick to TV characters?

Ans: Yes, please make sure they are/were TV characters.

Q4. how do we exactly write this one? As an OS like we normally do OR some other format?

Ans: Writing style has no restrictions. however you are comfortable in writing you may do so. The judges are just looking for something fresh, new, original.

Q5. How many entries are allowed per participant?

Ans : Two entries maximum.

Q6. By anonymity you mean to say that our story will be posted without author's name..And people need to vote right.??

Ans : Your story will be posted on the forum by ME. You will PM it to me. No one will know who wrote which story. voting will be done. Even judges will not know who wrote what. That means full anonymity to ensure there is no foul play or bias acts. Once all the voting/scoring is done then I will disclose who wrote which story and give out the results.

Q7. The characters should be the same right?  Can we change the actors playing the respective roles? Also, in place of them or anywhere in the OS can we use bollywood actors!  (Not characters)

Ans: Yes, Characters should be same as the character portrayed by a particular actor. for example if you choose Armaan's character it should be Karan Singh Grover playing it only. No other actor. But if you choose the character of Riddhima you can choose the actors among - Shilpa Anand, Sukriti Khandpal or Jennifer Winget. Got it?

Bollywood actors are NOT allowed. This is a movie with television stars. Although, you may use Sushant Singh Rajput as Manav of Pavitra rishta. 

Q8. Can we use imginary characters as supporting roles? 

Ans: Every character should be a TV serial character. You may take supporting characters from any show it doesn't matter but no imaginary ones. This is a movie it should be clear for the audience and judges to imagine the faces.

Q9. Can we insert the pictures of the dresses being worn like we do in FFs n OSs...  N also POVs?

Ans: Pictures - NO. We are here for a writing contest so you need to describe their clothes. 

Point Of Views - YES. 

NOTE : Please do NOT use the real names of the actors you want in your stories. You have to use their characters from a particular show and that name. 

For eg: If you use Karan Singh Grover his name in our story cannot be KSG but either Armaan or Asad and you have to use his character as in the show. If you choose Asad he should be kru, strong, bold and serious. If you choose Armaan he should be cool, funny, romantic, sweet etc. 

I hope you have understood the contest rules properly.

Edited by -BlueEyes- - 17 December 2013 at 9:48pm

The following 52 member(s) liked the above post:

--Yashvi--PlumesOfLexisvi1772843271_ncWhite_FlowerFrozen_Ana-Swetha-TeriGalliyan.-Koeli_Appy--FrozenRain-princessaaliyamika17khyati2000Angel-Jot.KhotaSikaShreyaSmileyfaceAyushii_AngelKittya_CullenMissu_TRHina69shassAasmaaliLavleenaSmubina_m19beenish248Jannat94Take_That..Labyrinth..Pearl_OysterraddhiAnarocksickSanskritiSsruthickkupkakesAngel-luvs-sshona_arhilover2111_shwetaBarun_GfDr.AALUSLOLWAFeistyQueenMaria.DUGGUliciousSrilathalollaDeedeepa1lehrCrazyBoy-.Hd.-EphemeraBorn2Dance..Gunjan..Siddhi_lazyleaveswhiterose29nature2

Maria. IF-Sizzlerz
Maria.
Maria.

Posted: 07 December 2013 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
Very interesting,i'll surely try to participate:)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AasmaaliHina69Pearl_OysterDeedeepa1-BlueEyes-

Hina69 IF-Dazzler
Hina69
Hina69

Posted: 07 December 2013 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Wow sounds great :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Pearl_Oyster-BlueEyes-Deedeepa1

Barun_Gf IF-Sizzlerz
Barun_Gf
Barun_Gf

Posted: 07 December 2013 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
LOLLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Pearl_OysterDeedeepa1-BlueEyes-

whiterose29 IF-Stunnerz
whiterose29
whiterose29

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 08 December 2013 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Another contest! Party Will be getting more stories to read! Party

Thanks for the PM neeli aankhon waali Manji. Tongue I'll spread the word amongst my friends and readers. Embarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

jaasz_25Ayushii_AngelPearl_OysterDeedeepa1-BlueEyes-

Go to top