Debate Mansion

IS INDIAN TELEVISION WORTH WATCHING? (Page 2)

Poll Question: IS INDIAN TELEVISION WORTH WATCHING?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [46.15%]
6 [23.08%]
7 [26.92%]
1 [3.85%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

*Meg_d*

IF-Veteran Member

*Meg_d*

Posted: 04 June 2005 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Well not really, we get alot of knowledge about our culture in India, living in london i didnt know too much about my culture but starting to watch indian television i got a lot knowledge to how things are done.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "IS INDIAN TELEVISION WORTH WATCHING? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 04 June 2005 at 12:55pm | IP Logged

I would be lying if I said no because I too came here searching for Astitva and till today waste my net time downloading illogical serials like Jassi.....

But still, I do think being an Indian I automatically get attracted to India storylines, no matter how absurd, mainly becuase I am not able to associate with the American themes. I have tried following a few of them and inspite of being in tune with their culture, sense and sensibilities, when it comes to being hooked, it has to be Inidan serials.

But frankly, if given a choice, I would definitely not watch the current crop of serials on TV. Give me a Mahayagya, Chunauti, and real life shows like Bhanwar any day. In mythos, there has been no match to the classic Mahabhrata. Yes, Indian tv has definitely see beter days.

buli123

Groupbie

buli123

Posted: 04 June 2005 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
Hey there should be a choice is television of any origin worth watching ? Well if you include soaps & dramas they eventually become a headache but otherwise it is great . CHEERS FOLKS.Thumbs Up

kaki35

kaki35

Posted: 04 June 2005 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
i think that as annoying the indain soaps may get u still feel the need to watch them b/c make u want to know whats going to happen next and if ur prediction of what will happen next is going to come true. i also think that me living in america wouldn't have known much about the indian culture as much as i do if the indian soaps werent there. yes there are times when i do skip some episodes but i still return to them to find out what has happened cause u cant stay away for too longSmile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top