Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 01 June 2005 at 5:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by peaches

If I'm not mistaken Islam doesn't allow for participation in celebrations and joyous events....am I correct?  I had a very close friend who is Muslim, and she wouldn't even celebrate her b-day.

If this is the case....can someone explain why that is the case?

OK thats a BIG misinterpretation....................Islam does not prevent us from partying or enjoying ourselves as long as we rnt going against the religion. ............And as 4 ur friend maybe she doesnt want 2 celebrate her b-day.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "IS PROM WORTH GOING? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 01 June 2005 at 5:50pm | IP Logged

For me, Prom was a waste of money (I'm almost always broke LOL) so I didn't bother going.

Otherwise it can be fun to party and enjoy with your friends. And dont drink the punch!LOL

If I'm not mistaken Islam doesn't allow for participation in celebrations and joyous events....am I correct? 

Actually that is a misconception. Anyone who has seen a Muslim wedding or festivities at Eid would see that Islam does allow celebration and joyous events.

I had a very close friend who is Muslim, and she wouldn't even celebrate her b-day.

I too was confused about this several years ago, but a good Muslim friend explained the reasoning to me.

Islam does not prohibit celebrating b'days as long as they are done appropriately with the intent of expressing gratitude towards God for life. The fact is that b'days do not hold the same significance as Eid or other festivals - they are just like another day in life - which is why many conservative Muslims do not celebrate them.

heyher87

heyher87

Posted: 01 June 2005 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
i completely agree with MysticaMagic and PakiPrincess...that is just another misconception islam and its followers

|iami5o4|

Goldie

|iami5o4|

Posted: 01 June 2005 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MysticaMagic

Actually that is a misconception. Anyone who has seen a Muslim wedding or festivities at Eid would see that Islam does allow celebration and joyous events.

awww.. that's gotta suck. Stern Smile hmmm... only because I would want my wedding to be all glamed up and celebrated Embarrassed so ummm... I can have a good time? Star

But it is impressive y'know to hear that everything is like conservative and all. Although I think you can have fun while being conservative at the same time but thats just how Islamic traditions are and I guess ummm... it shouldn't be misinterpreted rather acknowledged. Approve

I don't know anything about how muslims get married and such so please forgive me if I've talked in any way that has offended the Islamic Internet Community. Big smile or something. Smile

peaches

Goldie

peaches

Posted: 02 June 2005 at 12:14pm | IP Logged

Hi Guys,

I stand corrected.  From what I gather, it's not as clear cut at it seems. 

Like may other things in life it's all up the person's interpretation of what they consider "celebration" ; in addition to the writings of the Koran and their personal beliefs.

To each their own!

Thanks. 

ShaFiLICIOUS

IF-Stunnerz

ShaFiLICIOUS

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 5:37pm | IP Logged
creazy ?

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
You know i was shopping for clothes yesterday and when i saw those racks full of gorgeous prom dresses at Express, Bebe , Macys, NewYork & Co.etc etc . I was like telling my friend , hey i wish we had gratuated from the U.S and been to a prom - with my date in a limo , wearing a gorgeaus dress ,danced ,partied etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You kids don't realise how lucky you are !!!! Tongue Tongue

Well if your religon doesn't permit it .....i don't know what to say !!
But i bet it must be an awesome party you recall all your life ! Tongue

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 7:37pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

You know i was shopping for clothes yesterday and when i saw those racks full of gorgeous prom dresses at Express, Bebe , Macys, NewYork & Co.etc etc . I was like telling my friend , hey i wish we had gratuated from the U.S and been to a prom - with my date in a limo , wearing a gorgeaus dress ,danced ,partied etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You kids don't realise how lucky you are !!!! Tongue Tongue

Well if your religon doesn't permit it .....i don't know what to say !!
But i bet it must be an awesome party you recall all your life ! Tongue

I know, I am planning the prom, being part of student council, and I am shopping for a dress. Me, my date and friends are going in a limo. We all had to pitch in so it wouldnt be so expensive.

But it is so much. You don't have to get all drunk or crazy to have fun. I even found some nice and conservative prom dresses too. I t all depends on what you do after prom. They don't allow alcohol at the actual prom, so that isn't a problem.

You can go straight home afterwards. or go out to a fancy restaurant like what our group has planned.

But it is up to the person what they want to do. But it is an experience worth going to.Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top