Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

|iami5o4| thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Originally posted by: MysticaMagic

Actually that is a misconception. Anyone who has seen a Muslim wedding or festivities at Eid would see that Islam does allow celebration and joyous events.

awww.. that's gotta suck. 😳 hmmm... only because I would want my wedding to be all glamed up and celebrated 😳 so ummm... I can have a good time? ⭐️

But it is impressive y'know to hear that everything is like conservative and all. Although I think you can have fun while being conservative at the same time but thats just how Islamic traditions are and I guess ummm... it shouldn't be misinterpreted rather acknowledged.

I don't know anything about how muslims get married and such so please forgive me if I've talked in any way that has offended the Islamic Internet Community. 😃 or something. 😊
peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hi Guys,

I stand corrected.  From what I gather, it's not as clear cut at it seems. 

Like may other things in life it's all up the person's interpretation of what they consider "celebration" ; in addition to the writings of the Koran and their personal beliefs.

To each their own!

Thanks. 

Aparna_BD thumbnail
You know i was shopping for clothes yesterday and when i saw those racks full of gorgeous prom dresses at Express, Bebe , Macys, NewYork & Co.etc etc . I was like telling my friend , hey i wish we had gratuated from the U.S and been to a prom - with my date in a limo , wearing a gorgeaus dress ,danced ,partied etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You kids don't realise how lucky you are !!!! 😛 😛

Well if your religon doesn't permit it .....i don't know what to say !!
But i bet it must be an awesome party you recall all your life ! 😛
MonicA#1Actress thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

You know i was shopping for clothes yesterday and when i saw those racks full of gorgeous prom dresses at Express, Bebe , Macys, NewYork & Co.etc etc . I was like telling my friend , hey i wish we had gratuated from the U.S and been to a prom - with my date in a limo , wearing a gorgeaus dress ,danced ,partied etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You kids don't realise how lucky you are !!!! 😛 😛

Well if your religon doesn't permit it .....i don't know what to say !!
But i bet it must be an awesome party you recall all your life ! 😛

I know, I am planning the prom, being part of student council, and I am shopping for a dress. Me, my date and friends are going in a limo. We all had to pitch in so it wouldnt be so expensive.

But it is so much. You don't have to get all drunk or crazy to have fun. I even found some nice and conservative prom dresses too. I t all depends on what you do after prom. They don't allow alcohol at the actual prom, so that isn't a problem.

You can go straight home afterwards. or go out to a fancy restaurant like what our group has planned.

But it is up to the person what they want to do. But it is an experience worth going to.😳

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: MonicA#1Actress

I know, I am planning the prom, being part of student council, and I am shopping for a dress. Me, my date and friends are going in a limo. We all had to pitch in so it wouldnt be so expensive.

But it is so much. You don't have to get all drunk or crazy to have fun. I even found some nice and conservative prom dresses too. I t all depends on what you do after prom. They don't allow alcohol at the actual prom, so that isn't a problem.

You can go straight home afterwards. or go out to a fancy restaurant like what our group has planned.

But it is up to the person what they want to do. But it is an experience worth going to.😳

Listen Monica i truly hope you have a blast !!Don't  do anything i would've done !!!!😆😆😆
Luv,
Aparna
popkurn thumbnail

Well..I wouldnt know..since I still have 3 years until graduation! But yea why not? They can be fun, and plus..its your last party before ending off school right? Why not enjoy it?

Priya

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: RUNJAL

Do they have proms in india

Not like the ones in the West . There are school pass out parties . They are tons of fun . You dress in a Saree usually feel like a grown up and there's a ceremony with the teachers and stuff...followed by party !!( at least was so in Delhi 13 years ago )
DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I went to mine ... gosh 4 yrs ago... and i went with a whole group of friends - and we were all girls. I think that it is what you make of it. bcoz, you go with the intention of having fun with friends and saying goodbte to the life you were part of for the past 5 or so years. You do not have to dance with guys, you do not have to drink, you do not have to do anything that you feel offends your religious sentiments. It is the way you carry yourself.

I went with friends bcos my school didnt allow people from out of school attending, so of course my fiance wasn't able to attend. I dresses in a traditional outfit and I had such a good time - of course i wanted to share it with my man, but it wasn't the end of the world and we did something together afterwards...

I believe it is very important for one to go to their prom as it is ideally the entrance of one into society, ok, ok the times have changed, but, you still feel good being there...
sowmyaa thumbnail
I was in India so never had prom...but if aI had chance i would love to go.. c'mon girls....you get to wear nice dress, you get to date handsome guy, you get to dance with him...its fun!!! I would love to go and I think everyone should go to their prom and experience their life and live it!!! Once you get older you don't need to get to do such fun and such partying and such lavish lifestyle....so just live and go for it!!! I think one should never miss their college days fun....I lived my life totally when i was in college and now I don't regret I didn't to this and that....just go for it girls!!!
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: RUNJAL

I wonder if they have it in vadodara

whtz vadodara?😕