New OS: REMEMBRANCE...

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

Hello..i'm new to the forum and this is my first ever post here...this is an idea i had..and you are free to imagine who u'd like the "she" of this os to be...the male protagonist, of course, is arjun..

i hope you all like it..and if you do..please hit the like button and leave a comment...😳

😊

REMEMBRANCE...

Arjun sat in the dim light of the lamp, her letter clutched tightly in his hand...her last letter. He could feel her touch as he grazed his fingers against the slightly crumpled paper...he felt as if he could just feel her lilac fragrance engulf him once more...yes he could feel her...even after all these years. It wasn't as if he had stopped living. No. he had not. But he hadn't entirely moved on either. True, he had a wife and an angelic daughter who were peacefully asleep in the next room, yet...

And it was this yet' which made those memories timeless and all enduring. Exactly seven years ago, she had vanished from his life...leaving behind nothing but a piece of paper written in her tiny but neat handwriting. It still elicited the same tearful smile from him as it had on that fateful day.

He had often sat like this, wondering how much of a smile or a frown accompanied every word...every sentence of that letter...but it had always proved to be as mysterious as its author. She'd been like a gust of wind in his monotonous life. She'd come...she'd seen...and she'd conquered...and then...just like that she'd left it all behind...

She'd been a maverick...a canvas eager to be splattered with life's real...sometimes surreal hues...like a free flowing piece of poetry...and he...well he'd been everything she was not...everything she didn't want to be...ever. He liked being in control..he liked being sane...he liked to be what he'd grown used to...but she...well he didn't know...he never bothered to know...and even if he'd known, he wouldn't have changed...he would've liked to mould her...he'd been delusional to think that his dreams were the same as hers...and like everything else, she'd known this too.

In retrospection and his countless ruminations, he'd realize how much of himself he'd tried to conceal from her...but she'd seen right through him...each time. She'd known everything he didn't want her to. She was like wine...intoxicating..with her fullness of life...and he had been addicted to her once...or maybe he still was. She'd wanted him to hold her back when she'd turned away...not out of choice but under compulsion...only for him...but he'd been too engrossed in protecting his heart against her advances to realize it back then...and once again she took the burden on her shoulders...she couldn't see him live in guilt...so she had denied her love for him...though her eyes had spoken otherwise...

She'd gone...not because she wanted to...but because he didn't give her any reason to stay...

He had reached the end of the letter...even though he hadn't realized it till now...his thoughts had completely overpowered him...and as his tryst with her reminiscences gave way to an odd feeling of hollowness; he read the last line...

"I don't love you...but I always will...I always will..."

He closed his eyes and visions of her played before his eyes...a lone tear escaped his eyes and somehow...he didn't exactly know how...he knew she'd kept her promise...

IF YOU LIKE IT..DO COMMENT AND HIT LIKE...PLEAASSSEEE...

waiting for your reviews...😊😊

Really a nice one dear..

Thank you...
nice os
feel bad for both
it was so sad & emotional
omg i don't wanna imagine ariya in this🀒😭
Originally posted by unishaz

nice one

thank you so much...😊

Originally posted by skrafty

Nice one
loved it

i am glad you liked it... thanks...😊

Originally posted by Anjali.Mital

Really a nice one dear..

Thank you...

nice to know you liked it.. thanks a lot..😊

Originally posted by madmadona

nice os
feel bad for both
it was so sad & emotional
omg i don't wanna imagine ariya in this🀒😭

thank you for liking it...😊
i know..that is why i left it to the readers' imagination...

Originally posted by Radhika Shah

Nice

thanks a lot...feels good to know...😊

Originally posted by magati

very nice

thanks a ton...means a lot...😊

thank you sooo much everyone for liking and commenting on my first ever os...a biiiggg hug for all of you...πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by maisha1995

nice one

thank you so much..😊