Joined: 01 November 2013
If you're a fan of pickles, but are tired of eating the same old vegetarian pickles, the Andhra chicken pickle offers you a great alternative. First off, not a lot of people are even aware about the fact that chicken can be pickled. So this post goes out to all of you!
It blends the spicy flavors of the Andhra style with tasty chicken, while preserving the sumptuous elements of pickle. What's more is that it goes well with rotis, rice, and dosa. If there was a list of the contributions that Andhra Pradesh made to India, we think Andhra Chicken Pickle would top that list. No, really.
Making this delicious pickle is relatively easy, too! It'll take you about 1 hour and 15 minutes of preparation time.
Here's The List Of Ingredients
1. 1kg of chicken, cut into apt sizes
2. 1 tablespoons of ginger-garlic paste
3. 1 tablespoons of red chili powder
4. teaspoon of turmeric powder
5. 1 to 2 tablespoons of salt
6. 3 lemons (squeeze them and collect the juice. Heat it for 3 minutes and let it cool.)
7. 4 tablespoons of oil
To Roast And Grind
1. 3 tablespoons of dhaniyalu/coriander seeds
2. 1 tablespoon of jeera/cumin seeds
3. 1 teaspoons of methulu/methi seeds/fenugreek seeds
4. 1 tablespoon of khus-khus/ghasagasalu/poppy seeds
5. 2 inch cinnamon stick
6. 6 cloves
7. 1 star anise
8. 1 elaichi/cardamom
To Temper (Adding Tadka)
1. 30 fresh curry leaves
2. A pinch of methi seeds
3. 15 (slightly crushed) cloves garlic
4. 3-4 dry red chilies
5. cup of oil
Now, Follow These Steps To Make Andhra Chicken Pickle
1. Dry roast each of the spices separately over low heat, and let it cool. Mix them together and grind them to a fine powder.
2. Take a heavy-bottomed vessel. Add 4 tablespoons of oil and heat it.
3. Increase flame to high and add chicken, ginger-garlic paste, salt, and red chili powder. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes are up, continue cooking but at flame reduced to medium. You have to keep stirring till all the oil is separated and barely any water content is left. This step is important and typically lasts for 25 minutes.
5. Take another heavy-bottomed vessel. Heat cup of oil in it and add curry leaves, methi seeds, crushed garlic, and dry red chilies. Saut for a minute.
6. Now add the cooked ingredients of the other vessel to this vessel. Mix well.
7. Add the ground spice powder (from step 1) and mix well. Set the flame on medium to high and stir this mix for 15-18 minutes.
8. Add the lemon juice to this vessel and stir well. Turn off the flame to let it cool.
9. Store this mix in an airtight bottle and refrigerate. (The more you refrigerate, the longer is the shelf life.)
10. Serve this delicious Indian meal and savor the taste with your spouse or family.
Joined: 13 May 2013
Who Loves Butter Chicken ??
Author: shalini1323 Replies: 13 Views: 1176
|shalini1323||13||1176||22 October 2013 at 1:56am by zeekhanakhazana|
Top Five Delicious Foods in India
Author: florabowles05 Replies: 1 Views: 593
|florabowles05||1||593||31 January 2013 at 2:13am by Azzina|
Kerala Mango Pickle
Author: FrozenRain Replies: 0 Views: 494
|FrozenRain||0||494||30 December 2012 at 5:47am by FrozenRain|
Delicious mouth-watering recipes!
Author: foodmaniac Replies: 3 Views: 773
|foodmaniac||3||773||20 December 2012 at 4:43am by PRINCESS_ALISHA|
Rice Festival Recipe!Delicious!.
Author: samsauceykitche Replies: 0 Views: 429
|samsauceykitche||0||429||07 June 2012 at 6:21pm by samsauceykitche|
Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.
Popular Channels :
Quick Links :