Koffee with IF - Episode 3 with Karthikka! (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 14

incorrigible

Goldie

incorrigible

Posted: 08 December 2013 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by spain

OMG...Shree's questions are literally mind-boggling to read!! LOL

Thank you, thank you, thank you.. (Basha style) LOL Brain-ah pulinji kostins post pannen.. Only the most incorrigible for Karthi.. Big smile We all know she'll handle it with elan.. Wink And now we wait.. Tongue

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

spainPallanguzhiKarthikkanithyamkv-Navetha-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Koffee with IF - Episode 3 with Karthikka! (Page 4)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nithyamkv

Channel Moderator

nithyamkv

Posted: 08 December 2013 at 8:45am | IP Logged
Ravi ..next coffee with incorrigble.. ok va ?? Wink  naraya questions kekara.. adhukku badhila naraya answers panna vaikkalam..

Karthikka .. enjoyed your answers.. will come soon with my set of questions..

spainincorrigiblePallanguzhiKarthikka-Navetha-

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 08 December 2013 at 10:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by incorrigible

On Life

Describe yourself in one line.

Perpetually Confused. LOL

As an Indian woman, you've chosen "The Road Less Travelled", has this been a conscious decision or did it just happen?

It was a conscious effort - where did you get that, by the way - because I was always told what to do, how to behave, how to lead my life. When I became a young adult, I chose the route less travelled by girls from my community. But it still wasnt as wacky as some of my friends.

Looking back at your life thus far, any regrets? Anything you wish you had done differently? If yes, what?

Two regrets actually:

I regret that I was a victim of stereotyping. If you are brainy, you must be in the Science stream. 4 years of my life wasted because society saw Arts stream students as dumb and unruly.However, years later when I returned with a string of degrees after my name, I had the pleasure of telling my condescending Add Maths lecturer that whatever he taught me at school was of no use to me whatsoever in my professional life. I wish I had the guts to stand up to my father and insist that I dont want to be in the Science stream. But at 15 you don't have a choice in the matter.

I regret not staying back in England. England was my idea of intellectual heaven - arts, history, literature, music,  political excitement, where you develop your intellectual abilities, where the papers do not treat you as fools, the land of wit and satire and of course, the birth place of my profession.

Any life altering moments that changed the whole course of your life and set you on the path you're on now?

Nothing really...but there is irony though. My maternal grandfather wanted my mother to go to Uni and pursue a degree. She was psyched by him and my periamma...however, she fell in love with my father and wanted to marry him. My grandfather was heartbroken but agreed to their wedding. Years later, I went to Uni and fulfilled his dream. My Periamma tells me till today that even though my mother did not fulfil my grandpa's dreams, I did. Hehehe.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now, 20 years from now and 30 years from now?

10 years from now - good question. well established in my field. An expert.

20 years from now - retired, doing the things I love, reading, writing, consulting, chilling with a glass of wine.

30 years from now - dead? LOL

Edited by Karthikka - 08 December 2013 at 10:51am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

spainShathirlalaincorrigiblePallanguzhinithyamkv-Navetha-

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 08 December 2013 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by spain

OMG...Shree's questions are literally mind-boggling to read!! LOL 
Tell me about it. Angry LOL

Enjoyed reading all of your answers, Karthikka.

Thank you. 
Wishing you the very best in life...

Same to you.
hoping to see more writings from you soon!

Put one up already. Planning a fanfic for VR. 

spainincorrigiblePallanguzhinithyamkv-Navetha-

hopper_ocean

Viewbie

hopper_ocean

Posted: 09 December 2013 at 12:24am | IP Logged
one silly question  Tongue Just to see the other side of you LOL

Why are carrots not called oranges, as they are more orange than oranges? Day Dreaming

spainfasheincorrigiblePallanguzhi-Navetha-

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 09 December 2013 at 1:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hopper_ocean

one silly question  Tongue Just to see the other side of you LOL

Why are carrots not called oranges, as they are more orange than oranges? Day Dreaming

Unakku kozhupu di... I can't give you an answer yet as I am still trying to find out why when the plural of alumnus is alumni, the plural of campus is not campii!!

spainfasheincorrigiblePallanguzhinithyamkv-Navetha-

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 09 December 2013 at 1:50am | IP Logged

Your Thoughts

What is your definition of feminism? Would you describe yourself as a feminist?

Feminism is an assertion of your rights as a woman.  I am an individualist rather than a feminist. I recognise that as an individual, a woman should be respected.

What is your definition of equal rights? In your opinion, are equal rights possible between a man and a woman (especially in an Indian / Asian society like ours)?

Is there a definition of equal rights? . People should be respected for themselves, not for their gender, colour and race. Equal rights are possible but not now. We need to eradicate the Neanderthal mindset that can exist in even the highly-educated. 

What does religion mean to you? Does the caste system have any place in your life?

Sometimes I feel Marx was right when he said religion is the opium of the masses. I am a Hindu but I don't consider Hindu as a religion. It is a philosophy and that is why I am comfortable being a Hindu. Like I always say, the Ten Commandments is not unique to Christianity, it is common to all religions. You dont need religion to tell you what is right and wrong.

There are only two castes in my world. The Stupids and Not Stupids. LOL

What is an adequate punishment for someone who abuses a child? Or who assaults a woman?

Castration. Caning.

Do you believe in the death penalty? If yes, why? If no, what is a suitable alternative?

No, I don't. It does not resolve anything. Dump everyone in an island for good. Oh hang on, that might be another Australia in the making. LOL

spainShathirlalaincorrigiblePallanguzhinithyamkv-Navetha-

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 09 December 2013 at 5:04am | IP Logged

On Family Ties

Do you have a strong support system within your circle of family and friends? Who is the one person who keeps you going through it all?

Yes. My mother and sister and my close friends Lalini, Netra, Vani and Azrena. The one person who kept me going through it all was my dearest wonderful Thilagavathi. We started our careers together and she was the one person I'd run to. Unfortunately I lost her to cancer two years back and I feel it even now. So now the only person who keeps me going through it all is me.

What does friendship mean to you? Are you a social butterfly or do you limit yourself to a close knit group that sticks by you through thick and thin?

Loyalty. Not blind loyalty though. A strong friendship means having your differences and being friends despite that. Having arguments but being able to say sorry without an ego and getting back again. I am a mixture of both actually. I have my small knit of friends and then those friends I don't see for years and we continue from we let off as if nothing had happened.

When you are with your good friends, you dont have to pretend.

What in your opinion is an ideal marriage?

Comfortable. After the passion runs out, you should be comfortable with each other.

What were you like while growing up? As a child? As a teenager? As a young adult?

Sickly, timid and damn brainy. Confused, unhappy and damn brainy. Rebellious and damn brainy, LOL

Are you the product of a traditional and orthodox Indian upbringing? If yes, how did it impact your life?

Yes. There are good values I learnt but there are certain things that I detested.  Having said that, my father was not as orthodox as some other men, but he was very possessive and controlling. Because of society, community issues. I had a fantastic childhood. The problems started when I became a young lady.

Appadiyo!!!

spainShathirlalaincorrigiblePallanguzhinithyamkv

Post Reply New Post

Go to top