Koffee with IF - Episode 3 with Karthikka! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 14

Page 1
Page   of 14
Page 3 Page 14

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 05 December 2013 at 6:39am | IP Logged
Hi Karthikka!!
Hi Spain...Big smile

Enjoyed reading your writings here...

Thank you.

My questions:

How did you flair for writing start?

I cannot pinpoint it exactly but I was good in languages at school, including Malay, which was a tough subject. I remember when I was 11, my teacher asked me whether I wanted  to be a novelist when I grew up. When I was a teenager I started writing for school magazines. I was inspired however by someone hailed in the world of English literature as The Master ie PG Wodehouse. I am a bibliophile as well.

Are you a journalist by profession?

No I am not but my profession does involve languages and the use of wordsWink

Name your favourite lyrics of a Tamil song.

Where do I start? I have so many - lyrics from Vaseegara (the song), Nenjukulle, Unnal Kannatha Naal...but depends on my mood actually. Right now I am in ultra-retro mood and for the past few nights I have been listening to Malarum Vaan Nilavum from Mahakavi Kalidas.

malarum vAn nilavum sinthum azakellAm
un ezil vaNNamE
kuzalum yAzisaiyum konjsum oliyellAm
un kural vaNNamE

Name your favourite quote.

Life has a habit of coming back and biting you in the ar*e. (my own...LOL)

Write a quick, short humorous review of a Tamil movie you've seen recently.

Arambam. They said make it simple. I wish they had.

Name a moment in your life when you spoke so eloquently during a fight/ argument...
it left the other person speechless.Embarrassed

Oh, that happens all the time actually...most of the time is the battle of the sexes. Sorry, but I need to be a bit crude here. I met a famous sociologist a few months back for the first time and he sad to me and my friends " I have come to the conclusion that a man with balls is not as powerful as a woman with a c...". I said "It takes a man with balls to admit that".Embarrassed He was speechless. The women all fell about laughing. My sister thought it was crude but no more crude than a sexist bloke who tried to show off. I don't believe in fighting eloquently. Mine is cutting it short with a few choice words.LOL (please let me know if this breaks the forum rules and I will edit it. Wink)

Name a moment in your life when someone you least expected spoke to you so articulately...
it left you speechless!!LOL

I was doing a training session. A bit pissed off by some trainees who filled up the form naming the trainer as Mr. Karthikka...so I told them off for not getting my gender right. Then as the training went on, I chose a participant from China and said "Look at Ma here...he is ...he is that...blah blah". Upon which the participant stood up and said I am she not he".  I was speechless. Then I said "Touche". In my defence, she did dress like a man. LOL

Which weapon is more powerful...
the tongue or the pen? Why?

The pen. It can record for posterity what the tongue can't.

If the tongue couldn't speak, the mouth couldn't smile, the hands couldn't hug, and fingers couldn't move to type, draw, hold a pen or even use sign language...
then how would you choose to best express your thoughts to others?

Oh, my facial expressions are very eloquent. Half the time I win my arguments that way - looking suitably scornful or disbelieving or incredulous without saying a word. LOL

God, spain, you do ask some interesting questions. LOL

Edited by Karthikka - 05 December 2013 at 6:39am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

lathasiva96spainap.meenaPallanguzhikalki2007incorrigiblenithyamkveclat-Navetha-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Koffee with IF - Episode 3 with Karthikka! (Page 2)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 05 December 2013 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kalki2007

Karthikka you are in the hot seat  Wink
I know Kalki...all Ravi's faultLOL

how do you balance - work - family - and VR

Multi-task, mum and maid. Hehehe.

what do you love so much but didn't have time to do it

Cooking. It is a passion with me and it is relaxing, inspirational and imaginative.

i will come with more questions later

Sure.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

lathasiva96spainPallanguzhiincorrigiblenithyamkveclat-Navetha-

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 05 December 2013 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pallanguzhi

Guys Karthikka may be the first of IF members to hear her name in a serial! Big smileClap Karthi, tell us how you felt during that moment in VR. Star

I was utterly speechless and touched really - that the crew should think so highly of me and the efforts that I took that they showed their appreciation in such a unique way.

Of course, people I have not heard from for ages started contacting me thinking I am a personal friend of Radhika's, asking me for her autograph, introducing them to her and in one case, wanting to meet Sarathkumar through her. LOL

spainPallanguzhikalki2007incorrigiblenithyamkveclat-Navetha-

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 05 December 2013 at 6:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hopper_ocean

Karthikka, welcome welcome LOL I know you are having a good holiday. Take your time re.

Thanks Ratna.

My set :- 

You mention before this holiday is special. Tell us why and with whom are you with Wink If its too personal you can ignore this okie LOL

These friends of mine are special because one is my sister and she is very special to me. The other two I met through IF actually. We had a historical IF meeting here in Malaysia ages ago - I think you can find the thread and the photos are there. Out of all of us, four of us stuck together - me, Caryn, Netra and Vani. Every year we four will meet up regardless of where we we are and we spend four to five days together. We have so much fun, away from the families, work pressure, just a bunch of girls having fun, no restrictions, no judgement...so liberating...

How long have you been in IF? What made you land here?

Since 2006 (I think). Not what but who. My sister.

You mention before you hated Chellameh and said will never watch Radhika serials. How did you get glued to Vani Rani?

In one of those holidays I mentioned earlier, Netra showed me the episode where Rani pretends to be Vani in Gautham's principal's office. It was so funny and witty that I was hooked.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

lathasiva96spainap.meenaPallanguzhikalki2007incorrigiblenithyamkveclat-Navetha-

Pallanguzhi

Pallanguzhi

Posted: 05 December 2013 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Karthikka

Hahaha...sorry ka... Cry This was destined to happen one day LOL

Here are some more Qns Big smile

Any funny and unique experiences in IF?

If you had the chance, what role would you like to play in a serial?

If you had to direct a serial, what would be the story?

Who's your favourite actor/actress?

If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?

Hobbies?

Favourite food?

More Qs coming up...Wink

Edited by Pallanguzhi - 05 December 2013 at 10:11pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

incorrigible-Navetha-

Pallanguzhi

Pallanguzhi

Posted: 05 December 2013 at 10:19pm | IP Logged

Guys Karthikka may be the first of IF members to hear her name in a serial! Big smileClap Karthi, tell us how you felt during that moment in VR. Star

I was utterly speechless and touched really - that the crew should think so highly of me and the efforts that I took that they showed their appreciation in such a unique way.

Of course, people I have not heard from for ages started contacting me thinking I am a personal friend of Radhika's, asking me for her autograph, introducing them to her and in one case, wanting to meet Sarathkumar through her. LOL

Haha...Must have been a great and funny experience LOLLOLLOL 

Edited by Pallanguzhi - 05 December 2013 at 10:14pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Navetha-

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 06 December 2013 at 4:50am | IP Logged

Hahaha...sorry ka... Cry This was destined to happen one day LOL

I was just teasing you...why the Cry???

Here are some more Qns Big smile

Enakku thevathan.

Any funny and unique experiences in IF?

Yes. Loads. We had such a great gang here that coming here was such a joy. I'll show you an example...and at that time Kolangal (or as I called it Kolapangal) was the serial and Selvi was on as well. This is the thread I started. I was working very late one night and came up with this thread.

It was called Limerick Corner by K and J - K being me and J being Jasunap. We had so much fun. Big smile

Unique experience was when some IFians in KL met up for the first time here in a restaurant called Chilli's. We met at 11 a.m. and finished at 6 p.m. (although Netra and I then adjourned to another bar and stayed there until 9 p,m.). Netra was sweet, she organised everything. Atina called and so did Ambi from Singapore who also sent us flowers. Sighhh...Hosanna, me, Sue Chechi, Vani19, Netra, Caryn. Rojakka popped in as well.

If you had the chance, what role would you like to play in a serial?

Definitely Vani. I like the character. She is smart, strong, courageous, faithful and guards her family (including the idiotic Swamy's) like a lioness.

If you had to direct a serial, what would be the story?

Like SunTV serials, it will be about women. But the women in my serial will be ordinary characters you find in real life who will deal with every day problems. I would finish one plot and then bring in a new one. I would look at Eastenders, my favourite serial in the UK for inspiration. It would cover real issues such as domestic violence, alcoholism etc but in an entertaining way. There will be happy plots as well. And men will definitely have significant roles.

Who's your favourite actor/actress?

Without a doubt,  Nadigar Thilagam. Favourite actress was Revathy...now it is Radhikaa. She's improved in leaps and bounds.

If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?

1. Health.
2. Happiness.
3. Wealth...in that order. When I was reading that Limerick thread again after all these years,I miss my IF buddies. If I had the wealth, I will get us all together again, IF is no longer what it was.

Hobbies?

Reading, cooking and writing. I love music too.

Favourite food?

Oh, a Malaysian dish called nasi lemak. It is rice cooked in coconut milk, served with a spicy chilli sambal (I suppose you could call it some kind of chutney) with egg and anchovies...you can add chicken or squid as  well. It can be breakfast, lunch or dinner...usually it is breakfast. It is comfort food, happy food.  A cup of hot chai or coffee completes the heavenly experience.

Any time is nasi lemak time!!LOL

More Qs coming up...Wink

Wokay!!Wink

Edited by Karthikka - 06 December 2013 at 4:47am

lathasiva96ap.meenaPallanguzhispainincorrigiblenithyamkv-Navetha-

incorrigible

Goldie

incorrigible

Posted: 07 December 2013 at 7:06am | IP Logged
Karthi!! Hug Naan vanduthen!! Big smile With lots and lots of kostins.. LOL Looking forward to your answers.. Wink

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

PallanguzhiKarthikkanithyamkv-Navetha-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top