Koffee with IF - Episode 3 with Karthikka! (Page 13)

Post Reply New Post

Page 13 of 14

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 25 December 2013 at 5:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ThangamPlus

I agree with all your points. I feel so frustrated when a serial starts with a situation that is a big problem or something wrong for the society and advertise it as a good thing as they ellaborate it on it and offer no solution. Angry A serial that comes to my mind right now is Ponnoonjal. I watched the first episode and half of second episode. It started off showing female infanticide. I thought strangely that the idiotic storywriters will make the mother run away with the female chile, single-handedly rise the child up with some help from people she knows obviously and have her in a position to make the father feel that he has missed an opportunity. I know that this is very difficult but not impossible. It would offer moral support for all the single mothers about their future, no? Instead they kill off the baby in the first episode Angry and the mother in the second. Dead That's me done.

I didn't want to talk about the event directly but I hope you got an idea of which side I lie. Wink

Oh Ponoonjal...let me not get started on that one. I caught one episode by chance and I cringed big time. The MIL (as usual; the only decent MIL I have seen thus far is Sura) opens the DIL's cupboard and tries to take her jewellery. The DIL suspects her. Son comes home, MIL straightaway pattu vakiran. Slaps his heavily pregnant wife, holds her head and rams it against the pillar, until she bled. Angry

She calls her sister, who comes to the house. MIL overhears the conversation, tries to slap DIL and hand gets stopped by sister. Son comes back, they both take the wife back to the parents' house and says they are returning the daughter as aagathu. Tells the father the whole story (according to them). DIL keeps quiet. The evil duo then go on about the second daughter and demands an apology. Heroine of course refuses, father slaps her and she apologises. MIL gloating.

Tell me, is this the fate of women to get hit by men whether husbands or fathers? Why couldn't the father say that this is unacceptable behaviour and I am going to lodge a police report against you both for domestic violence? how refreshing that would have been.

Shathir, even you disagree with me on many issues, I would welcome healthy discussions. Deivamagal again. Husband decides to assert himself and treats wife with contempt - which woman would threaten to lodge a police report against her own husband for an internal family matter? Wife sees her control slipping, slips in a drug into his drink and has her way with him that night. Dead Dead It is bloody marital rape!! Angry Angry But for Kumaran, it is entertainment - and this is enjoyed by hundreds and thousands of people.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PallanguzhiShathirlalaincorrigible

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Koffee with IF - Episode 3 with Karthikka! (Page 13)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 25 December 2013 at 5:38am | IP Logged

I feel so angry when someone tells me a past event where they have been racially abused. Angry (just to make it clear, angry at the person that is being racist). I also hate people who value a man and a man differently, I can't digest the fact that some husbands actually feel that their wives are servants for them and that they are the leader/king of the pride just because they are male. Dead There are plenty of other topics that are being shown wrongly. You left out the other major aspect of Tamil serials - polygamy. Surprisingly, it hasn't happened in Deivamagal but the other Kumaran's serial, Thendral was full of it. Dead I find it striking that they are allowed to portray illegal activities on screen. Shocked We know it's not really happening but what's the guarantee that everyone knows this???

I appreciate the talents of the actors and actresses and sometimes the plot. I tend to look on the positive side of serials by hoping for a better episode tomorrow. LOL By the way, that FanFic was done out of desperation more than anything because I was properly annoyed with DM that time. Tongue I have ideas but I don't like putting them on paper LOL because it's really time-consuming for me.

Sometimes I forget that you are merely 16. LOL

An assistant director from VR asked me what is it I want to see in VR. I said

No bigamy, polygamy (just discovered that M.R. Radha had 5 wives. Shocked Not at the same time, I hope. LOL

No suicide - but they had with Shenba. Ouch

No domestic violence.

So let's see.

Shathirlala

Coolbie

Shathirlala

Posted: 25 December 2013 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Karthikka

Shathir, even you disagree with me on many issues, I would welcome healthy discussions.

Ennapa, Ponnoonjal enna ivalavu mosamava pochu!!! Angry
Karumam Dead
I'm sure that there will be issues which we will disagree on but as of yet I don't have strong opinions on many things. Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Pallanguzhiincorrigible

Shathirlala

Coolbie

Shathirlala

Posted: 25 December 2013 at 5:59am | IP Logged

No bigamy, polygamy (just discovered that M.R. Radha had 5 wives. Shocked Not at the same time, I hope. LOL

WHAT??? Shocked M.R Radha is Raadhika's father???
Is that why Radha Ravi is like a step-brother to Raadhika or something?

What message is Shenba's suicide conveying to an average person? I have a message that someone can take from her story, and it's not good. So, let's see if there are any other messages???

Pallanguzhiincorrigible

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 26 December 2013 at 6:35am | IP Logged

WHAT??? Shocked M.R Radha is Raadhika's father???
Is that why Radha Ravi is like a step-brother to Raadhika or something?

What message is Shenba's suicide conveying to an average person? I have a message that someone can take from her story, and it's not good. So, let's see if there are any other messages???

Oh Shathir, you didn't know??? ROFL She is so proud of the fact. Yes, that is why Radha Ravi is her stepbrother. Vasu Vikram who did the role of Murthy in Vani Rani is her step nephew.

You are still young, you have time to form strong opinions...but you do have quite admirable views, young man. Big smile

Pallanguzhiincorrigible

srima

Viewbie

srima

Posted: 30 December 2013 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
OMG  Coffee with IF 3rd interview in progress. srima kumbakarni up up, be more active. Just saw this thread , almost after 3 months. Nice one pallanguzhi

Pallanguzhiincorrigible

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 31 December 2013 at 12:20am | IP Logged

Love your favorite quote, ironically your favorite quote is the one you made up. LOL

Chitty (kannin mani, kannin mani by Chitra ) shathir, were you the one who uploaded the song in youtube? No doubt Vani Rani...the tender one

Yep, that's me... I wonder what gave it away... LOL

my favourite English soaps (as serials were called) were Eastenders from BBC and Neighbours from Australia. Our directors could learn a thing or two from EE

Ah, you follow Eastenders, I always wanted to ask this to someone? Big smile

Have you watched all the episodes of Eastenders (is is about 4800)?

No, I haven't. Ever since I left UK. Is there anywhere I could watch them?

When did you start following this or how long have you been watching this?

When I was a student - Dirty Den was the main villain. This was before his comeback.

And have you watched all the episodes of Neighbours?

No, Same fate as Eastenders. I used to watch it when I was in the UK. Lost touch so much now.

Also, do you watch/have you watched any Korean serials, if so what is your opinion of them - I found your threat of moving from Tamil to Korean serials quite amusing. LOL

Hopefully, that doesn't happen. Big smile
No I havent. Basically Korean serials are love stories and many Malaysians I know watch them - even though they don't understand the language. They are very very popular. Interest in the language (there is even a Korean Language Society in my university) and visits to Korea rose after the serials. I just might watch them if VR does not buck up.  LOL

Pallanguzhi

Pallanguzhi

Posted: 31 December 2013 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Karthi, I have also been recommended for them LOL I had a go at two Chinese serials years ago, and believe me, I was enthralled, even though I couldn't understand anything. (Thank goodness for English subtitles) Big smile That took up my schedule for Saturday afternoon for 10 weeks. Go for it! LOL
Srima, thank you akka, the credit also goes to Karthi, Nithyakka and Rojakka Big smile 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incorrigible

Post Reply New Post

Go to top