Do fathers have no rights over kids?

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
In BV'verse, kids may assume fathers' surnames but the CVs always upheld right of mother over the child.

Mahavir Singh's wife gave away her child to Kalyani and did not even tell her husband that she had given birth to a son! Throughout life that man was under impression that his wife and child had died! She thought he was a bad guy. Really? Is it enough to lie to your husband about his child?

Sugna kept Pratap's child and did not even let his grandparents interact with him when they wanted to (maybe out of vengeance for not accepting it earlier).

Gauri did not tell Jagya about actual fate of child in both pregnancies.

Ganga forever tried to take Mannu away when she was with Rat. She became ready to give him to Rat to save Singhs. Yet got his custody. Even as she had no financial support or other means with her back then to be granted custody of child (did judge know she was going to marry Jagya?!)

Phooli also got child's custody.

Shiv's fate was decided by Meenu and she did not even bother to ask her husband about this or inform anything to him!

I know females suffer from a young age (periods etc.) and mother keeps child in womb, goes through labour pains etc. But does it mean father has no rights over a child? Only woman has to decide child's fate?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Even now Ganga is hiding from Jagya about her pregnancy. He has no right to be informed?! What if both Ganga and newborn die? What if Ganga dies and Jagya is left alone with 2 kids? Has she ever thought about him? Did only she have the right to decide whether to get pregnant or not?
brick_red thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Skepblun

Even now Ganga is hiding from Jagya about her pregnancy. He has no right to be informed?! What if both Ganga and newborn die? What if Ganga dies and Jagya is left alone with 2 kids? Has she ever thought about him? Did only she have the right to decide whether to get pregnant or not?

On a lighter note, It is time for Dr.J to take charge. Don't leave matters of contraception to woman alone ! ðŸ˜†
libsrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
In Sugna's case there reasons for her to keep away the child
The so-called grandparents had first rejected the to-be-born child calling it some illegal child and dirty blood...so it's obvious Sugna got angry and rejected
Sugna wanted to make for herself and her child in Shyam's house and being pregnant with someone else child and that too in a village created lots of problem...so she obviosuly cut off all relations with Pratap's parents specially when they were so rude with her 
Pratap's parents were not trustworthy...they would have met the child and bad mouthed about his mother and Shyam's family turning him against them so i feel it was not wrong of Sugna to stop Pratap's parents from meeting the child

Ganga was yet another case...even after going through so much torture she was very happy to get pregnant with Ratan's child...she thought she would finally live a better life but not only did Ratan and his parents mistreat her even after that but even planned to throw her away and keep the child...and every mother wants their child to grow up in a good environment and be a good human but that's not possible in Ratan's house...had Mannu growed up there or even be allowed to meet his grandparents and father he would have got influenced by him...they may have loved him alot but they would not have made him a good human...he would have become Ratan No.2...so Ganga was not wrong in taking Mannu's custody though now she seems to have forgotten that child completely

I am confused about Phooli...her in-laws did wrong with her and she wnated to leave them completely so i think it's obvious she will make sure even her child ahs no contacts with them

In Shiv's case meenu was very very wrong

In all the above cases (except for Shiv's case) it clearly indicates that child is the strongest and yet the most sensitive link b/w people or families...no mother could have taken the risk to have their child mix with their fathers and grandparents as they were not trustworthy
Edited by libsrocks - 10 years ago
brick_red thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
In Mannu's case, I think Ganga got Mannu's custody from court. Same with Phooli too. Pratap's parents at first refused to accept Sugna. So they lost their grandchild. 
In Shiv's case you can say either Meenu decided or Alok decided. If latter is the case, it is father decides  on mother's behalf(Ira was kept in dark)

After Nandu was born, DS wanted Gehna to give the baby to Basanth and leave the house! So there only father mattered, not mother.

In Champa's and Sugna's cases, the women are forced to deal with their pregnancies  withouthelp from the man's family.

So I guess, BV shows woman as primary caregivers irrespective of their willingness/unwillingness.
Aashima. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
MS's wife & DS lied to him bcoz he was a bad guy...if they would have told him about his Son then he could have turned him like himself,,,and even if he would have got any inkling that he had his heir then surely he would have found out about basant & would have made him a heartless man like him considering MS's behavior with bhago😡🤢. IN DS reign also, initially Basant was like MS only but had  very strong feelings for DS & his brother...unlike MS.

Sugna's case...I am confused...but i guess its due to the insult & rejection by Pratap's parents .
& later also Pratap was their only child who died early...so whenever his parents will die after that Varun would not have anybody for him...bcoz real-father died, mother married, No real bonding with Step father & family.. ...so its was better to keep the child with mother as he needed her the most at that time.

about First pregnancy...she had told him what she herself believed...she believed that it all happened bcoz of Anandi's phone call...so according to her habit she had conveniently continued the misunderstanding about "who had called whom".
in 2nd pregnancy, given her character, Jagya had no right to know about the child courtsey public humiliation, dumping & defeat against sumi.

Ganga was going to be a nurse at that time & was also getting an informal training of the same in jaitser and almost completed her 10th...& other than that Rat was a criminal, had another wife & daughter, along with heartless brutal parents who have raised a child like ratan and was gutsy enough to take pride in this🤢
So its better that Ganga got Mannu's custody😃...
really dont want to imagine Mannu's future with Rats family upbringing🤢

If phooli's hadn't got the custody, then the whole purpose of "naata pratha" would have succeeded...throw the mother, keep the child🤢

Meenu-Shiv's case is the only case in bv...where the father was good but was not taken into confidence before taking the decision...& it was wrong as Anoop had every right on his child assuming that he was a rightful Man,Son,husband,brother & would have been father.
In bv  Only woman has to decide child's fate ...otherwise it is the other way round
atominis thumbnail
I agree on all issues except for Mahavir Singh and now Shekhars' case.

Basant was bad even with DS. In fact MS never remarried despite having no family. Unlike Basant who was responsible for death of first wife by impregnating her again and again and not taking care of her health. And later bought a much younger girl who was old enough to be his daughter - getting a kid from her through marital rape.

MS' wife had no right to give away kid to Kalyani and lie to MS like this! Mothers feel possessive and protective about their kids but shouldn't they remember that kid didn't just get born out of themselves alone?!

Shekhars' case is really unfair if Anup knew nothing and Meenu took decision on the spot. Alok was begging or EBing but certainly not commanding. She had to think of herself, her husband and child first or give in to Alok?!
She might have been ready to sacrifice but did she think even once about how Anup would feel? Would he want to give up his child or not?

Rat and co. might have been brutal but I wonder about logic of the judge. Ganga might have cleared 10th and got a diploma but did she have a job back then? And a job well paying enough to support herself and her child?
Rat and his family's trying to dispose Ganga and only keep the child was despicable (though I wonder why they did not go after Padma's life? After all she was also insolent from their POV and bore a girl, not a boy. Worse proposition than Ganga for them, no?).

Cut to the present, is Ganga's decision on her own - fair? Is it okay not to inform your husband of anything?

Sugna's case seems like combination of vengeance and fear - they refused to accept child earlier and now they may snatch him from her. Phooli's case would have encouraged natha pratha - still even here I wonder if she had enough resources to support the child? Does custody get decided on basis of baby's age, mother etc. or factors like mother's ability to bear all costs of bringing up the child are also considered?

Gauri's first was her own fault though she never accepted it. Okay, second time it's explicable she didn't bother because Jagya had dumped her and left.

I don't know but in this serial even other decisions in child's life have influence of mothers. Like Anandi and her father sometimes wanted something else but Bhago put her foot down and brainwashed both of them, packing off Anandi back to her sasra. Ira has often overruled Alok's POV and taken her own decisions in matters related to Sanchi (and sometimes Shiv-Anandi).

Where's the balance between both parents' rights in this serial?
libsrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Skepblun

I agree on all issues except for Mahavir Singh and now Shekhars' case.

Basant was bad even with DS. In fact MS never remarried despite having no family. Unlike Basant who was responsible for death of first wife by impregnating her again and again and not taking care of her health. And later bought a much younger girl who was old enough to be his daughter - getting a kid from her through marital rape.

MS' wife had no right to give away kid to Kalyani and lie to MS like this! Mothers feel possessive and protective about their kids but shouldn't they remember that kid didn't just get born out of themselves alone?!

Shekhars' case is really unfair if Anup knew nothing and Meenu took decision on the spot. Alok was begging or EBing but certainly not commanding. She had to think of herself, her husband and child first or give in to Alok?!
She might have been ready to sacrifice but did she think even once about how Anup would feel? Would he want to give up his child or not?

Rat and co. might have been brutal but I wonder about logic of the judge. Ganga might have cleared 10th and got a diploma but did she have a job back then? And a job well paying enough to support herself and her child?
Rat and his family's trying to dispose Ganga and only keep the child was despicable (though I wonder why they did not go after Padma's life? After all she was also insolent from their POV and bore a girl, not a boy. Worse proposition than Ganga for them, no?).

Cut to the present, is Ganga's decision on her own - fair? Is it okay not to inform your husband of anything?

Sugna's case seems like combination of vengeance and fear - they refused to accept child earlier and now they may snatch him from her. Phooli's case would have encouraged natha pratha - still even here I wonder if she had enough resources to support the child? Does custody get decided on basis of baby's age, mother etc. or factors like mother's ability to bear all costs of bringing up the child are also considered?

Gauri's first was her own fault though she never accepted it. Okay, second time it's explicable she didn't bother because Jagya had dumped her and left.

I don't know but in this serial even other decisions in child's life have influence of mothers. Like Anandi and her father sometimes wanted something else but Bhago put her foot down and brainwashed both of them, packing off Anandi back to her sasra. Ira has often overruled Alok's POV and taken her own decisions in matters related to Sanchi (and sometimes Shiv-Anandi).

Where's the balance between both parents' rights in this serial?

well that's true that Cvs have till now shown balance b/w couples only in sumitra-bhairon and no one else but in ganga's case you cannot balme ganga...her hsuband wasn't someone with whom u can sit down and negotiate...she wanted that animal out of her and her child life so it happened...about the divorce case i think it was quiet filmy one...no one asked ganga in court about jagya's part in her life or how will she take care of the child...i thnk jagya has assured her of job in his hospital which worked the case in her favor
tinoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
No fathers have no rights over kids ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†. 
Men have two minutes of pleasure during conception and that's all it is. 

Women have to bear nine months of discomfort after that. 

Kick the dad out I say ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£  ... unless they take financial responsibility.