~ Preet Meher Extended OS - Tere Naina ~ (update pg 5)

Posted: 10 years ago
This one's a special treat for Meher and Preet Anniversary! <3

Scene starts off when Meher and Heer live with the Juneja's and Heer and Prem are going to be married in a few days. Meher and Preet have not had many direct interactions besides Preet accusing Meher of stealing, something that Meher has never quite forgiven. Fair Warning: Preet is a little more playboy and flirty in this one. :P

The Juneja's got up from the dining table after an enjoyable dinner and started to head towards their respective rooms. Meher also got up from the chair to leave when she heard someone call out her name.

She froze in her step and turned around to look at Preet with a questioning look.

"Yes?" She snapped. Preet took a step closer to her.

"You still haven't forgiven me for that stealing thing, have you?"

Meher contained herself from completely scowling at him as she remembered the incident that had greatly hurt her self-respect.

"Nahin toh," Meher said almost mockingly, plastering an evidently fake and sweet smile on her face while her eyes seemed to be narrowing down at him. She hated the guts of this boy who from their first meeting itself had come across as a rich spoiled brat and often wondered how he could possibly be related to the ideal Prem Juneja. Unfortunately, the fact that he was her sister's to-be brother-in-law stopped her from acting in a manner that was less than civil.

"Are you sure?" He prodded further on purpose as he felt highly amused looking at her trying to control her urge to stab him with a nearby fork.

"Of course, Preet. Why would you think otherwise?" Meher asked fakely.

"It's just that, you're always the only one who doesn't laugh at me and my jokes," Preet said with sincere disappointment. He had been observing her for a long time now and he didn't know why but it really was something that bothered him.

Meanwhile, Meher just raised an eyebrow.

He continued, "In fact, whenever I open my mouth to speak you always make this scrunched up face...SEE, you're making it again!" Preet pointed at her accusingly.

"Just because everyone else finds you entertaining, doesn't mean I have to too!" Meher said with a scowl and turned on her heel to walk away when Preet grabbed her by the arm, flipping her around, making her almost bump into his chest.

"Preet, what are you- let me go!" Meher started to struggle.

"No, first smile," Preet said smiling impishly at her while Meher looked at him in disbelief.

"Kyun, koi zabardasti hai kya!?" Meher asked in a raging voice and Preet, in spite of himself, couldn't help but smile at the pure anger and dislike on her face. For a second, she was taken aback by his smile and that mischievious glint in his eyes, but was quick to recover.

"Stop - Stop smiling!" Meher said irritatedly, but his grin just widened and she resumed her efforts to release her hand from his tight grip until he reluctantly let go.

"Ugh! You know what - I hate you Preet Juneja!" Meher shouted frustratedly at him and stomped away to her room.

Preet sighed, watching her retreating form.

"And I love that." He said, the boyish grin never leaving his face.

Her flashback ended and Meher shook her head and smiled as she remembered how persistent Preet had been until the two of them finally became friends. She remembered them helping each other woo their respective partners too; Harman and Ash. Well, Ash didn't really take any effort when she was already so clingy around Preet, but Preet had reassured Meher that she was meant for his brother even though it was obvious to her that Harman saw her as little more than a friend. And then the unexpected had happen.

Meher sighed as she remembered the details of her and Preet's wedding. She couldn't remember a day when she didn't thank the heavens above for her lucky twist in fate, but at the same time, the memories were laced with hurt and embarrassment. The day she was abandoned on her own wedding day, something inside Meher had died. It wasn't like she had ever had high self-esteem to begin with, being constantly abused by Daljit Chachi and Ash.

And then there was the fact that she was younger to Heer. Meher never resented her for it, but it did often seem like she was living in the shadow of her older sister. She was so perfect, so upright and ideal. Combine that with the insecurities about her weight and Meher thought very little of her own self.

However, after her wedding to Preet, everything changed. She thought it would take her a while to get over Harman's betrayal. It certainly didn't, although the bruise on her ego took more time to heal. It was so easy to get over him that Meher doubted that she had ever even loved him in the first place. Before she knew it, she was the happy cheery Meher again. And it was all because of him.

Sometimes when she thought about Preet, she felt like her heart could not contain all the love she had for him and would burst out of her chest. It never made sense to her before but she could finally understand what people meant when they said that they loved someone so much that it hurt. She had never told him about her feelings, and he had not expressed that he thought her anything more than a friend either, at least not in words. Meher knew that she would tell him, someday, but currently she was in no rush. Just being his friend filled her life with so much laughter and happiness that Meher was content with her life.

All that changed however with the entry of one person; Ash.

Meher sighed as she pressed another wet cloth on Preet's hot forehead. His fever was starting to get her really worried. Just then, she heard a knock on the door and turned to see Ash standing at the doorway.

For the life of her, Meher couldn't bring herself to invite Ash in and just continued to stare at her as if hoping she could just disappear. Not that Ash cared much, as she walked inside anyways.

She handed Meher some medicine for relief from fever and Meher stared at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Thank you Ash. But I could have gotten it myself." Meher knew she was being rude but she seriously couldn't help it. Seeing Ash around brought out all her insecurities and she seemed to be a reminder to Meher of all the things she was not.

"Mhmm," Ash barely paid attention to Meher's words and sat on the edge of the bed, staring at Preet's sleeping form.

The nerve of her.

"I don't remember inviting you to sit here or even to come inside my room for that matter," Meher said, trying to keep her voice level and calm.

Ash looked at Meher like she amused her.

"Oh come on, Meher. Now don't be acting like a possessive wife or something, we all know the truth about you two's marriage," Ash said rolling her eyes.

"And besides, I thought me sitting close to Preet would probably help him get better faster. You know what they say, people recover faster when they are around the person they love," Ash said a matter-of-factly. She outstretched her hand to stroke Preet's forehead but Meher caught it in midair, holding it tightly.

"Get out."

Ash immediately stood up, her face full of anger. Her lip curled and she snarled at Meher.

"How dare you Meher?"

When Meher didn't reply but continued to stare at her like she wanted to break her neck, Ash just shook her head and gave her a look that clearly said you-are-so-pathetic.

"You really think, that if you continue to take care of Preet and spending time with him that someday he might actually start loving you? You are a fool Meher. You will always be his wife, but I will always be the woman he loved. Not you."

And with that, Ash turned on her heels and walked away, leaving Meher with a heavy heart.

Ash's words replayed in her head; You will always be his wife, but I will always be the woman he loved.

To be continued. 

Index

Part 1 - page 1

Part 2 - page 4

Part 3 - page 5

Edited by xxDaydreameRxx - 9 years ago
oh wow another mee story.
ashhh😑
bt just want to know did preet really loved meher befre.cause he was flirting meher
A Meet writing by Ranjana...

Ooo...a flirty Preet..well he was always flirty...but I loved the nok-jhok between him and Meher in your story.

And I also loved the description of Meher and her insecurities you put in.  They were so accurate...she was abused by Daljeet...and the weight thingy and being Heer's shadow, coupled with being abandoned a the wedding altar...all did a number on her self-esteem.   Poor girl.

Preet has a fever?  Nothing serious I hope
Meher taking care of him...is so sweet...but then kabab mein haddi Ash walks in..

Really really hate her...The less I say about her the better...

OMG Ranjana this was superb...simply fabulous...but what happens next?  What happens next?...Don't leave me hanging!  I demand another update right away.  Edited by ummesulaiman - 10 years ago
owww another MEET storyπŸ‘
great great great,
uff hate this ash,
ohhh preet is so sweet..
please continue soon
Hi

Very nice and beautiful update
Will be waiting for the next part
Do continue soon
That Ash! πŸ˜‘😑😑
That was really good. Please msg me when u continue . I miss MEET so much.  I used to read everything on them. It took me so long to stop watching them on youtube (i still do sometimes when I'm free)

Happy Anniversary MEET!
awww...thank u sooo much...it was an amazing surprise...hv j ever told u wat a fab writer u are...cannot wait for it to continue...:):)
Just came back to reread the story. πŸ˜ƒ
I forgot to mention that I totally loved how Meher caught Ash's filthy paws in mid-air, and didn't let her touch Preet.  πŸ˜‘

That's my girl!  πŸ˜Ž
Aha niceee!!! Waiting for the second part ... 
Such a cute depiction of Meet's relationship at the beginning of this story.
You have captured the "pull and tug" aspect of the relationship that seemed to have existed in the serial.

Looking forward to the other part.😊