Why are Narayani and Gaurav on Nach Baliy

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

Why are Narayani and Gaurav on Nach Baliye?

The dance show is for couples, isn't it? Or is there something we don't know?

Sapana Patil Poojary

The much-awaited Nach Baliye is returning with its second season with a brand new line-up of celebrity jodis. Besides the television couples, this season will witness some extra-ordinary couples, whose partners either do not belong to the industry or are not yet married. One such exception duo is Narayani Shastri and Gaurav Chopra. The couple had a split some time ago. So what brings them together on Nach Baliye 2? 

Gaurav says, "I guess the channel is experimenting with the format. I don't think they are really sticking to the 'couple thing' so much. In fact, I asked the channel specifically if this show was for married couples and they said, 'No'. Narayani too had her doubts. She had asked me if we should at all take up this show and invite a controversy."

So what exactly is cooking between them? Gaurav says, "If we are on the show together, it means we have patched up. I don't want to comment on what was written about us earlier. We have never lied about our relationship. Last year, I was out of India for a long time. So, our relationship went through some ups and downs like any other relationship would. But now, it only got better." Ask him if he loves her and he says, "Both of us are a bit unconventional in our ways and we hate commenting ourselves. I 'like' her now and shall like her forever. Although we will be together on the show, marriage is not on our agenda at the moment."

A channel source says, "There are not many married people in the industry. Therefore, the channel approached Narayani and Gaurav."