Suggestions / Comments

India Forums Celebrity Ranking Frequently Asked Questions (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 26

-SweetJasmine-

IF-Stunnerz

-SweetJasmine-

Posted: 26 November 2013 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .shinchan.

Vijay bro

here u urself said If a celeb has more comments n active fans..toh celeb will hv more views also

Now Barun has max points fr fans n comments..then why his views are almost half of the maximim??Shocked

Thanks VB for FAQ thread

I was about to ask this, how his view points are half of the top one. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MastMalangOmoraboti-SizzlingBarun-.shinchan.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "India Forums Celebrity Ranking Frequently Asked Questions (Page 7)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-SweetJasmine-

IF-Stunnerz

-SweetJasmine-

Posted: 26 November 2013 at 11:39am | IP Logged
View points are still a magic, hardworking comment is good to hear, but expected a technical answer here, not one based on hypothesis.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-BarunKiMeera-sweetnoori-SizzlingBarun-

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 26 November 2013 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -BarunDeewani-

VB, when we compare the views of the current #1 and #2 celebs in the picture galleries, the one on #2 has more views then how come the #1 has more view points?

Well this is a Weekly Ranking so we are simply taking into account the views/comments/active fans for that particular week.

On the other hand the view count that we see in the Images is total view count for that image since it was published.

Regards,

MsfrootieOmorabotiadithyan-Barun

.shinchan.

IF-Addictz

.shinchan.

Posted: 26 November 2013 at 12:09pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by vijay

Vijay bro,
i can understand this but view points r almost half
370 only Ermm
how the one getting max comments n has max fans can have such big drop

There could be various reasons for that:

a) More unique views on different pages came for that celebrity.

b) Fans of the other celebrity worked very hard on that that they raised the max views much higher.

c) More search hits on that celebrity pages and images.

unique views?? what is this??

n if a celeb has more active fans to give more views thn it doesnt reflect in der comments points

reposting cox I need aswers from Vijay bro

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adithyansweetnoori

-SweetJasmine-

IF-Stunnerz

-SweetJasmine-

Posted: 26 November 2013 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
People count the views every week and keep track of things, so knows the weekly changes that  happens in the profile. 

I really doubt some tools are contributing to view points. Would request you to take a look at that possibility.

Edited by KittenRose - 26 November 2013 at 12:11pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetnoori

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 26 November 2013 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _MGArti_

I am sorry to say i am still not satisfy with ur answer bcoz after this i had visited his profile and got to see very less activity and they made a same comment what Barun, Sanaya, Gurmeet and Drashti fans made for their favourities for example "Karan Mehra You are an excellent Actor"

I dont find any uniqueness in their comment as you said.

Well after you mentioned even I went and checked and I noticed that even though the first 2-3 pages shows less activity but just when "2 days ago" starts there are more comments and there is no mistake in the calculation that would favor any particular actor.

Regarding the comment uniqueness and qualtiy we do check that from time to time and that is when you see sudden decrease in number of comments. We encourage members to post feedback / comments instead of posting just the name of the actor repeatedly or "I love xyz every day". Just dont think about the Ranking when you comment rather put your thoughts that even the actor or fellow fans would find it interesting to read.

Soon we will have the Most liked Comments this week coming so that people with more interesting comments are highlighted and doesnt gets lost in the heap of low quality or spammy comments.

Regards

serendipity235stg1adithyanInvisible_Wings

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 26 November 2013 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara

Oh yes! past many weeks i have been wondering about this!! Simply cz he has been getting more comments than both Sanaya and Drashti! Shocked

I have nothing against him.. so no offense meant to him or his fans.. but it seriously odd how 0 post newbies that are filled in his FC is posting many pages of comments and getting away with it!

See I know top celebs are the mostly likely ones to have high MIDs. BUT cz of that the lower levels ones easily get away as IF doesn't seem to check those at all!!

See all of these almost all r 0 post MIDs!! And almost all of them r posting comments! This is damn baffling cz when i login and by mistake try commenting twice for the celebs i comment for I get this IP address issue! So how r they even managing it! Ouch

And honeslty how is a 600+ fan club competing with 8000+ 2 fan clubs? Shocked

Well there are several 0 Post Newbies on several Fan Clubs and that's not a crime. We are actively blocking the Proxy IPs and there are several checks to prevent MIDs from posting comments.

When we check and apply the rule to delete the MIDs or Duplicate Comments its not just run on select few celebs rather its done throughout. But for Celebs with large Fanclubs / Comments gets more affected cause there are more MIDs detected in there so there is a considerable drop compared to others.

The rules are same for all the members so if you are getting an IP issue when making comments more then the set number its the same for all the members irrespective of the Celeb profile they are making the comment on.

Regards,

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adithyanprincessunara

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 26 November 2013 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KittenRose

People count the views every week and keep track of things, so knows the weekly changes that  happens in the profile. 

I really doubt some tools are contributing to view points. Would request you to take a look at that possibility.

Please elaborate your question as I am not able to follow you.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top