Suggestions / Comments

India Forums Celebrity Ranking Frequently Asked Questions (Page 22)

Post Reply New Post

Page 22 of 27

bs_deeps

IF-Rockerz

bs_deeps

Posted: 03 December 2013 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

Originally posted by bs_deeps

I wasn't clear enough I believe.. If a picture has 10 pages of comments and I view all 10 of them. it will count as 10 views..is it correct..? If yes..why is it that View count displayed  is increased by one only.. if you are saying you count the impression..it is going to be 1 not 10 isn't it? 

When I said misleading..I meant to ask this...if the backup is taken once in every hour, why pic count is increased once in every 45 mins.. 

I didnt really get the difference between viewing the article and viewing the pic when it comes to having a unique IP check..Can you please explain it a bit further.. 

You can't give the cap..it makes sense 

I really appreciate you trying to clarify our queries..

a) Yes its correct to an extent as I mentioned in my earlier post that there is a certain cap and the views should adhere to human browsing pattern and are not just viewed to increase the view points. Regarding the pics impressions not being increased is cause the user has already viewed the picture and second page onward it is more for the Comments and not for the pictures.

b) Well the consolidation of the Raw impression data happens every hour. I dont know how you calculated 45 minutes.

c) Views on Articles are time bound and it does not add to the Views point.

for pics..I have noticed that the view count increases when we browse after 45 mins gap.. I understand your point of data capturing happening every hour..if I view a picture 8 times with a gap of 45 mins each, view count will increase by 8, but from what you are saying it will count as 6 views only..so why do we need to have that "view" display at all..

on viewing different pages of comments under a pic...I have realized after asking you the question that, it is actually not 1 view, but the count is increasing by a random number..I couldn't not come to any conclusion, as the increase was very random...you might attribute it to views by other users but it can't happen every time I pick a random picture and view all pages of comments, view count is increased.. 

@blue...isnt that why our ranking system is there in the first place? if its not to increase the view points, I doubt 1% of IF population would view a profile multiple times in a single day 

to come to think of it..if you are looking for unique views not the ones done for increasing the views, can you not take the unique views on an URL in any single day..? why one hour gap...one hour logic only proves that importance is given to views which are done to increase view points, a normal viewer with no interest in ranking system would never check the same page with a gap of 1 hour..would they?   

along with this, I hope you saw the comment on the quality of TB articles...pls take necessary steps..

Edited by bs_deeps - 03 December 2013 at 9:45am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MastMalangOmoraboti-SweetJasmine-riti4u

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "India Forums Celebrity Ranking Frequently Asked Questions (Page 22)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Madhuri53

IF-Stunnerz

Madhuri53

Posted: 28 January 2014 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Thank You VBSmile 

peachesnplums

IF-Sizzlerz

peachesnplums

Posted: 01 April 2014 at 4:16am | IP Logged
I have a question on the buzz points of Rithvik Dhanjani & Asha Negi

This is the third week in a row I notice their buzz points as zero even though they were tagged in telly Buzz articles, videos and people had commented for them

Their current ranking indicates 0 buzz points - please tell me how is that possible for 3rd week in a row that buzz points are 0 despite having new articles/videos, being tagged in them, and people commenting for them.

45Rithvik Dhanjani
Last Week: 42

47Asha Negi
Last Week: 46

Edited by peachesnplums - 01 April 2014 at 5:25am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lizajoPrincessAshVikAshlaikaprityy89ashvikluverrr

bitasta

Goldie

bitasta

Posted: 01 April 2014 at 4:32am | IP Logged
Their were too many telly buzz articles videos and tags about Rithvik Dhanjani and Asha Negi for the last many weeks... rightly so because of their NYC Concert, Guyana Concert and of late BCL Cricket match..
 We have done and seen many comments on those articles and videos.. But they have scored zero on the buzz points.

How is that even possible??????

Edited by bitasta - 01 April 2014 at 4:37am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

lizajoPrincessAshVikAshlaikaprityy89ashvikluverrrpeachesnplumsstyle14

style14

IF-Stunnerz

style14

Posted: 01 April 2014 at 5:00am | IP Logged
Rithvik Dhanjani and Asha Negi had many articles and videos for past 3 weeks but still their buzz point is 0. Please check.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

lizajoPrincessAshVikAshlaikaprityy89peachesnplumsashvikluverrr

ashvikluverrr

IF-Sizzlerz

ashvikluverrr

Posted: 01 April 2014 at 5:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by peachesnplums

I have a question of the buzz points of Rithvik Dhanjani & Asha Negi

This is the third week in a row I notice their buzz points as zero even though they were tagged in telly Buzz articles, videos and people had commented for them

Their current ranking indicates 0 buzz points - please tell me how is that possible for 3rd week in a row that buzz points are 0 despite having new articles/videos, being tagged in them, and people commenting for them.

45Rithvik Dhanjani

47Asha Negi

Exactly i guess there's some problem ..even after getting tagged in videos,articles this week their buzz points are zero...how is that possible..?and this is not the first time it has happened..from past 3 weeks their buzz is zero when they were tagged in so many articles and videos!!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lizajoPrincessAshVikAshlaikaprityy89peachesnplums

lizajo

Groupbie

lizajo

Posted: 01 April 2014 at 6:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by peachesnplums

I have a question on the buzz points of Rithvik Dhanjani & Asha Negi

45Rithvik Dhanjani

47Asha Negi

Have the same question as the others about the telly buzz articles. Has there been a change in the way ranking is done or is there an issue with the buzz points update? Either way people need to know so we can help improve the rankings for our favorite stars. Thanks!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PrincessAshVikAshlaikapeachesnplums

peachesnplums

IF-Sizzlerz

peachesnplums

Posted: 03 April 2014 at 1:50am | IP Logged
Bumping to the top with my question about Rithvik & Asha's buzz points not being added

Edited by peachesnplums - 03 April 2014 at 1:47am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bitasta

Post Reply New Post

Go to top