Suggestions / Comments

India Forums Celebrity Ranking Frequently Asked Questions (Page 21)

Post Reply New Post

Page 21 of 26

ishq30

IF-Rockerz

ishq30

Posted: 03 December 2013 at 5:47am | IP Logged
jealous muchSilly

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Barun_Addictriti4u-SweetJasmine-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "India Forums Celebrity Ranking Frequently Asked Questions (Page 21)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Addicted2SanZ

IF-Rockerz

Addicted2SanZ

Posted: 03 December 2013 at 5:53am | IP Logged
hailaa  ...knows  only  the  word  jealous  kya?ROFL... by  the  way i  didnt  weep  okayLOL

ishq30

IF-Rockerz

ishq30

Posted: 03 December 2013 at 6:05am | IP Logged
it ll be great if people concentrate on their favs for a change.. LOL
have a prob? ask it here to VB than crying fowl on somebody else..
have a prob with latest rank, ask VB than passing snide remarks .. 
shows clear jealousy only LOL
it ll be great if people show sportsman spirit LOL
we had a prob with ranking we asked VB than passing snide remarks here LOL
grow upLOL

BTW m very happy with my fav being a human and not god unlike others LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Barun_Addictriti4u-SweetJasmine--Barun

Addicted2SanZ

IF-Rockerz

Addicted2SanZ

Posted: 03 December 2013 at 6:14am | IP Logged
again  jealousy... LOL  ... ppl  knows  only  the  word  jealousy  i  guess..ROFL
anyway  continue  weepingLOL

Edited by rockystar22 - 03 December 2013 at 6:08am

ishq30

IF-Rockerz

ishq30

Posted: 03 December 2013 at 6:19am | IP Logged
and continue passing snide remarks LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Barun_Addict

MastMalang

IF-Sizzlerz

MastMalang

Posted: 03 December 2013 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Mr. Vijay, thank you for the clarifications on viewpoints last time but we still need some transparency on this. I cannot believe that all other celebs have so less viewpoints other than the celeb who got max viewpoints inspite of having low comments and fans. Besides the 'hardwork' are there internal checks in the system to make sure that views are not being manipulated?

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

bramcote46ishq30.SobtiLicious.Barun_AddictOmoraboti-SweetJasmine--Barunriti4u

bs_deeps

IF-Rockerz

bs_deeps

Posted: 03 December 2013 at 6:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bs_deeps

Originally posted by vijay

thanks for clarification..

1) if only one view per hour is allowed, why is it that "views" gets increased once in every 45 mins for pics..is it not misleading? for articles, I think there is no time bound at all, views will just keep increasing..if views displayed under each of these columns have no significance at all, why have the tab in the first place...? or if you can provide the actual views, it will be very transparent. 

2) you said there is a cap for views from any particular IP..Can you please tell us what the cap is? 

3) If there is a cap and if its only unique views that counts, there are more possibilities of an actor with more number of active fans getting more views too..but there is "no hard work"..isn't it? as you are looking for more unique views..not more frequent views...there can be people who are not there in FC still browsing or searching, but I think probability would be less... 

Kindly clarify 

1) Views for the images are overall impressions the image recieved since it was uploaded. And for ranking we just count the Impressions for that particular week for which we are computing the Ranking. I dont think there is anything wrong or misleading there. The system consolidates Raw Impressions logs every 1 hour. Regarding articles its computed based on views + comments so there is already a check there so that is the reason we have not placed the Unique IP check on the article page.

2) Well I cant give the exact Cap value but its related to the average pages viewed by a Unique IPs for that Celebrity.

3) Well we give "unique views" more importance compared to "frequent views". We do count all views whether its members, non-members, someone who just came searching about the celebrity.

I wasn't clear enough I believe.. If a picture has 10 pages of comments and I view all 10 of them. it will count as 10 views..is it correct..? If yes..why is it that View count displayed  is increased by one only.. if you are saying you count the impression..it is going to be 1 not 10 isn't it? 

When I said misleading..I meant to ask this...if the backup is taken once in every hour, why pic count is increased once in every 45 mins.. 

I didnt really get the difference between viewing the article and viewing the pic when it comes to having a unique IP check..Can you please explain it a bit further.. 

You can't give the cap..it makes sense 

I really appreciate you trying to clarify our queries..
Pls clarify 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MastMalang.SobtiLicious.Barun_Addictriti4u-SweetJasmine-

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 03 December 2013 at 8:23am | IP Logged

I wasn't clear enough I believe.. If a picture has 10 pages of comments and I view all 10 of them. it will count as 10 views..is it correct..? If yes..why is it that View count displayed  is increased by one only.. if you are saying you count the impression..it is going to be 1 not 10 isn't it? 

When I said misleading..I meant to ask this...if the backup is taken once in every hour, why pic count is increased once in every 45 mins.. 

I didnt really get the difference between viewing the article and viewing the pic when it comes to having a unique IP check..Can you please explain it a bit further.. 

You can't give the cap..it makes sense 

I really appreciate you trying to clarify our queries..

a) Yes its correct to an extent as I mentioned in my earlier post that there is a certain cap and the views should adhere to human browsing pattern and are not just viewed to increase the view points. Regarding the pics impressions not being increased is cause the user has already viewed the picture and second page onward it is more for the Comments and not for the pictures.

b) Well the consolidation of the Raw impression data happens every hour. I dont know how you calculated 45 minutes.

c) Views on Articles are time bound and it does not add to the Views point.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

bs_deepsishq30Barun_AddictMastMalangriti4u-SweetJasmine--Barun

Post Reply New Post

Go to top