Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka

'Character-driven roles excite me sameer soni

nuut thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

'Character-driven roles excite me'

Sunday, 24 November 2013 | SANGEETA YADAV

Last seen in Parichay, Samir Soni is back with a new show on Life OK " in the horror genre. He speaks with SANGEETA YADAV about his character and wishes he was born a musician

Tell us about your new horror show Khauff Begins...Ringa Ringa Roses.

It is an investigative horror show with an emotional backing to it. I'm playing JD, a father of an eight-year-old daughter Maitri who has been separated from his wife. He has been gifted with a power wherein he can communicate with ghosts. He fights with a demon named Rose who has kidnapped his daughter. The rhyme used in the title " Ringa Ringa Roses " has a great significance in the initial part of the story.

Did you have to prepare for the role?

The show required me to look fitter because JD has to fight with the demons. One will get to understand the character as the show progresses. I see the character in a different perspective " how life would have been if I had the ability to see ghosts? How would I react to them? Would I be able to sleep at night? How would it change my life?

What is the most challenging part is this project?

JD is an intense person who is in a dilemma. Character-driven roles excite me a lot. I constantly think how I can do my job differently. Playing such a role requires an emotionally training. It's a very demanding role and everyday is an intense day of shooting.

Do you think this new format of one story through all weekend episodes will hold interest?

The format is very different and we are experimenting with it. Telecasting the show over the weekend at 11 pm and still not make it an episodic show is a break from tradition.

Though it has instances which will arise and end as per the episode structure, there will be connectivity between episodes.

Have you ever come across with any occult encounter in your personal life?

As far as spirits are concerned, I have never come across anything like that. But I have met people who happen to be a psychic and see spirits. I am not a very superstitious person but I do believe in the evil eye since I was a child. I have recently shifted to my new home and did a puja for good vaastu.

Do you think, as JD in Khauff Begins..., you will be able to break the image of Kunal in Parichay?

Parichay was a landmark for me. But Parichay and Khauff Begins are very different in terms of format and theme. It will be challenging for me to make a mark in this one as well. I will give it my 100 per cent and reach out to the viewers. Hopefully, the audience will find this new show different.

What's your unfulfilled wish?

I wish I was born a musician and songwriter. Acting requires one to be dependent on 10,000 people from the crew to directors and co-actors, a musician, on the other hand, requires singing and scriptwriting which is a wonderful mode to communicate. The joy it gives is tremendous. I want to learn how to play the piano or guitar and script music someday.

How do you find Bigg Boss Season Saath 7?

Bigg Boss Saath 7 has become very tough. When I saw its theme, I was like Oh my God. I enjoyed my experience but if I got a chance to go back to the House, I would not do it again. It's was a once in a life time experience. I discovered myself in my stay inside the House.

The people I met and stayed with came from different background. I will say that it has been my best project till date.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ani---Anisah thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing the articleπŸ˜›
It was nice to read samir's thoughts about KhauffπŸ˜›
Hopefully JD character will also be a memorable character just like KCπŸ˜‰
😳 Samir is looking dashing in that black suit
Rajash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Nuut πŸ˜Š

Awesome interview πŸ˜ƒ loved it...
So good to see media publishing his Brand new Photograph with this interview πŸ˜ƒ

Its true that Parichay was a landmark of your career n KC is THE BEST character played by you so far None could have justified KC's portrayal the way Samir Soni did πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

But for sure JD too will have his own place in our hearts just like Our KC 😳

All the best to you for Khauff begins... so eagerly for it to start

now just a week to start πŸ₯³
-Hima- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
So nice to hear from Samir after a long time in a detailed interviewπŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ! Hope his new show becomes a grand success and brings him lot of fame as well!πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
jasmine_khan thumbnail
thanks for sharing the articleπŸ˜›
please bring back Serial Parichay with Season2 and with SameerSoni&KeertiNagpure in ColorsTV
fatimaheera thumbnail
Thanks for sharingπŸ˜›
AWESOME  INTERVIEW  SAMIR SONI  JI   MISS U PARICHAY AND KUNAL SIDDHI  😭  PLZ COME BACK PARICHAYSEASON 2 AND  WITH  SAMIR SONI & KEERTI NAGPURE ALL  S1 CAST  πŸ‘πŸΌ
Edited by fatimaheera - 10 years ago
eshi.nl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Rajash

Its true that Parichay was a landmark of your career n KC is THE BEST character played by you so far None could have justified KC's portrayal the way Samir Soni did πŸ‘πŸ‘

Yes no one could've done justice to KC's character the way Sameer Sir did πŸ˜ƒ and KC is so special for Parichay fans coz of Sameer sir   πŸ‘

JD's character communicates with ghosts.Excited to see Sameer sir portraying a character like this.Best of luck to Khauff team.

who is playing Rose character?

@Nutt TFS ji
awesumsonia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
felt Really really really nice reading this one!
haaye n his latest pic😳
Superb Replies!!!πŸ‘

Now im mre excited to watch Khauff ..

Samir always take up most interesting roles..n that's amke him unique n so much skilled frm d other actors

Yes he is Right.Parichay was a landmark. Yaa there will be differences b/w KC n JD.But we will defo enjoy watching JD
Edited by awesumsonia - 10 years ago
Rush2220 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Thanks Nuut...

a full fleged interview after so longπŸ˜ƒ

again he has taken a challenging role...JD - dark, intense, emotional character...jo socha...jo chaha...jo manga ...mil gaya...hope there is lot of father/daughter scenes...waiting to see how they connect 'ringa ringa roses' to ghosts πŸ˜†

" how life would have been if I had the ability to see ghosts? How would I react to them? Would I be able to sleep at night? How would it change my life?

baap re...I'd never be able to sleep if i REALLY saw ghosts... i die n become a ghost myself

Just hope all his hard work pays off n he is appriciated for this role too...All the best to the whole Khauff team...let Khauff begin πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Rush2220 - 10 years ago
vipraja26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Tfs  . A nice  interview  of samir  soni   . 
Agree  with  Parichay  charecter  being the landmark one ! 

Wish  him  all the luck for  his    Khauff  venture .

Sure  would love to watch  a season 2 Parichay  or something on thoselines  soon with  Keerti  .