Mahabharat

Feedback to CVs thread- Story distortion#1 (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 150

whitewitch

Goldie

whitewitch

Posted: 24 November 2013 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Another glaring omission was the absence of crowns on the prince's heads.
Crowns were not merely used for decorative purposes. They also offered protection- espcially in a situation like this- when dealing with weapons.

Another rant: Why are Dronacharyya, Ashwathama, etc all shown with open flying hair? Have they - lie Chanakya- taken some oath?Ouch

Brahmins neverleft their hair open and loose and flying all over the place. They used to tie their hair in a tuft.

mAy be some shampoo ad makers sponsed them Wink

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

shreenidanuramesh26green_tearasyafanvaraali...Diala....Vrish.koolsadhu1000

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Feedback to CVs thread- Story distortion#1 (Page 4)" in Mahabharat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rasyafan

IF-Dazzler

rasyafan

Posted: 24 November 2013 at 6:38am | IP Logged

Biggest put off for me: 
Total lack of respect shown by youngsters to their elders. 

Have the CVs forgotten that this is a culture where we say 

"Maatru Devo Bhava, Pitru Devo Bhava". 

Heck, even today- 21st century, in India, we don't speak the way Ashwathama is shown speaking. And that was Dwapara Yuga.

Are the CVs trying to "Americanize" our culture and heritage?

My Dear it's already done and the proof is this copy of mahabharat
they act more western then Bharatiya
especially Ganga's dialogues and her posture LOL
Ashwathama's glancing and rolling eyes Wacko

Not just mahabharat but there are other shows as well which are western based
I found this a lot in Jalandhar's acting in DKDM. I mentioned the same also in that forum.

Unfortunately, in coming years we would have nothing Bhartiya but everything western in our culture.
Hum saans bhi angrejo ki tarah lenge dekhenge bhi angrejo ki tarah

Nothing wrong in western cuture but forgeting our culture just to accept other's is somewhat wiered. Especially when nothing is wrong in our culture it's pretty much decent. Well to me it is nice, decent we respect our elders we have terminology for every kind of relations, we are extremely social and we have extremely social manners and we are warm hearted warmth is there we never used to have pop culture or vulagarity or snobishness or exposing skin etc. There used to be a ankho ki sharm in front of our elders but all this thing already sounds part of our history.

Have you ever heard Hindi advertisements expecially celebrity they sound more hinglish then hindi ROFL as if foreigners are speaking in hindi OuchOuch

Go to some 5 star hotel and ask something in hindi and see everyone's reaction as if an alien suddenly jumped on them. Yes even me I use english only when writing and if I have to read something which is written in both english and hindi my eyes automatically go to english only and I find it difficult to read hindi Angry

I am trying to change myself. Ouch

Some people are deliberately changing our mental set up to suit their own purpose. A lot of western ideas are going to be forced upon us. In coming years. Be prepared for it. Let's us all.

Edited by rasyafan - 24 November 2013 at 6:37am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shreenidsonanaianuramesh26green_teavaraalimythili2

anuramesh26

anuramesh26

Posted: 24 November 2013 at 6:50am | IP Logged

The CV's cant seriously make their own twists or add interesting mirch masala to "the epic" like they wish to! Its not some re-make of an old block-buster movie!   Regarding the crowns mentioned by one of the member - they have just returned from gurukul. After they are initiated into the princely life they get to wear the princely attires - which means the armour and clothes shown ystrdy were also inappropriate. agree with the hairstyles!!

Duryodhan and Bheem both were best at mace. Duryodhan was always bested by bheem, every one knows this. Showing that Duryodhan was scared of arjun was absurd. Agree with everyone - why show dhushala as a stupid girl - as far as I remember reading from various sources - none of the women of mahabharat were weak or stupid. All of them were strong individuals.
Twisting our culture or our past just for the sake of viewership (of which the CV's shouldn't fear) is not acceptable.

As for the youngsters showing disrespect- this was the reason behind the spit between the kauravas and pandavas. kauravas never ever respected any of the elders and never adhered to any of their advice, hence refusal of the throne to pandavas and the war.

However modern we might get - Mahabharat and Ramayan are entwined in our systems we shall continue watching that they producers or directors need worry about losing viewership.

Edited by anuramesh26 - 24 November 2013 at 6:53am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shreenidgreen_teaSabhayatarasyafankoolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000

IF-Sizzlerz

koolsadhu1000

Posted: 24 November 2013 at 6:51am | IP Logged

"Story distortion" is a mild word. It is total ruthless massacre.
In fact you can re- label this thread as "Maha Massacre of Mahabharata "

exactly my thoughts

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

NandiniraizaadarasyafanvaraaliAngie12mythili2

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 24 November 2013 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rasyafan

[There used to be a ankho ki sharm in front of our elders but all this thing already sounds part of our history.

Exactly. And this is Dwapara Yuga that they are showing. While speaking to elders, youngsters would not even make eye contact. They would respectfully look downwards.

And Duryodhana- whatever his negative qualities might have been, would not have been so outspoken to his guru. He would later on take advanced training from Balarama- and his behaviour pleased Balarama very much.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

shreenidNandiniraizaadarasyafanpAL-pAL-Amri-mythili2.Vrish.koolsadhu1000

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 24 November 2013 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Now I shudder to imagine how Draupadi will be shown speaking with her husbands. Shocked

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nandiniraizaadarasyafanmythili2

debasree04

IF-Sizzlerz

debasree04

CP, Adaalat, Mahabharat Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 24 November 2013 at 7:40am | IP Logged

Well said Clap
I feel if i continue watching this MB then there is high probability of forgetting original story LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nandiniraizaadavaraalimythili2

Nandiniraizaada

Coolbie

Nandiniraizaada

Posted: 24 November 2013 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by debasree04

Well said Clap
I feel if i continue watching this MB then there is high probability of forgetting original story LOL

Yes exactly 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

varaali

Post Reply New Post

Go to top