Mahabharat

Feedback to CVs thread- Story distortion#1 (Page 143)

Post Reply New Post

Page 143 of 150

AnjanaYYZ

Coolbie

AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 18 February 2014 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by medha00

Originally posted by AnjanaYYZ

Ok - I have 2 ask... what were these people consuming such that they could be so "active" in their old age?  Did people back then really have such long life spans?

The "Balya" stage ended after 40 years.
People were considered young adults till 120 years ... after that, it was middle age.
Source -MB Chrono., Hindu net LOL

So bheeshma was a young man when he died?  Good GOD please tell me their dietLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

_vash_CotswoldsSabhayataadi2512

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Feedback to CVs thread- Story distortion#1 (Page 143)" in Mahabharat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_vash_

_vash_

Posted: 18 February 2014 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by spatel23

Originally posted by _vash_

Exactly Sabhyata!! Thumbs Up

The master of made up story is yet to be seen this week. i.e. Bheeshma getting mad about Pandavas marriage to Draupadi and Draupadi trying to explain Bheeshma.. is too much to handle! D'oh
they should have made Kunti explain to Bheeshma since it was her fault... hell they should have thrown in Mr. Drupad right when Duri insults Draupadi ... now that is drama (and repetition ...)

This would have made a LOT of sense than Draupadi explaining Bheeshm. Hmm Draupadi seems to be  22nd century women here.. one step ahead of all.LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AnjanaYYZCotswoldsSabhayataadi2512

sonanai

Groupbie

sonanai

Posted: 19 February 2014 at 1:38am | IP Logged
Ye kaun saa natak hai bhai...koi mazak hai kya...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AnjanaYYZIntrepida...Diala...

Sabhayata

IF-Rockerz

Sabhayata

Posted: 19 February 2014 at 6:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Medha.S

How old must she be then if the Yadav princes used to tell Arjuna about Subhadra? he was well above 14 at that time since Yudhi was 16 when Pandu died.
Havent read about this(bold part) but in any case here is why subhadra was just a child when arjun passed out from Gurukul
Subhadra was born after krishna ji killed kansa and released his father and mother from jail.Krishna ji was 11 when he killed kansa so considering the best case scenario age difference between krishna ji and subhadra has to be atleast 12 years if not more.And considering that even if arjun passed from gurukul at 19 or 20 subhadra cant me more than 8 or 7 years old at that time.

AnjanaYYZCotswolds....Poojie....

aptl123

aptl123

Posted: 19 February 2014 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sabhayata

Originally posted by Medha.S

How old must she be then if the Yadav princes used to tell Arjuna about Subhadra? he was well above 14 at that time since Yudhi was 16 when Pandu died.
Havent read about this(bold part) but in any case here is why subhadra was just a child when arjun passed out from Gurukul
Subhadra was born after krishna ji killed kansa and released his father and mother from jail.Krishna ji was 11 when he killed kansa so considering the best case scenario age difference between krishna ji and subhadra has to be atleast 12 years if not more.And considering that even if arjun passed from gurukul at 19 or 20 subhadra cant me more than 8 or 7 years old at that time.
 you are right... and arjun met her first time in dhwarika when he was on his 12 yrs vanvas becoz of entering in draupadi's room when she was with yudhisthir... after indraprasth...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Cotswolds

shyam09

Goldie

shyam09

Posted: 19 February 2014 at 2:37pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by medha00

Ok - I have 2 ask... what were these people consuming such that they could be so "active" in their old age?  Did people back then really have such long life spans?

The "Balya" stage ended after 40 years.
People were considered young adults till 120 years ... after that, it was middle age.
Source -MB Chrono., Hindu net LOL

So bheeshma was a young man when he died?  Good GOD please tell me their dietLOL
Shruti must be excited Wink

AnjanaYYZCotswolds....Poojie....

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 21 February 2014 at 12:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Oh great, so he was a good character. I guess it's our expert consultants for the character sketch of this show are doing this job of interpreting it this way.
I'll stop before it turns into a story distortion thread. LOL

I've brought that here, for those who want to continue discussing the relative goodness/evil of Duryodhan, Karna, Shakuni & Dhritarashtra.

Once we wind up this thread, such discussions can continue in the Doubts & Discussions thread.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 21 February 2014 at 1:57am | IP Logged
In next week's spoiler, why do they have to show Kunti as living in Hastinapur, when she didn't?  When Arjun brought Subhadra home, he first sent her to Kunti, and after that, Draupadi.  The idea of Kunti being a hostage so that the Pandavas can't attack Hastinapur is inane.  Yudisthir, being Yudisthir, would never have attacked Hastinapur.

Yeah, Kunti did show her characterless colors by remaining in Hastinapur during the Pandava exile, and later again by leaving w/ Dhritarashtra & Gandhari, but at this stage, she very much left w/ the Pandavas.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

gowri122AnjanaYYZSabhayata...Diala...adi2512

Post Reply New Post

Go to top