Mahabharat
Mahabharat
Mahabharat

India-Forums

Feedback to CVs thread- Story distortion#1 (Page 143)

Intrepida IF-Rockerz
Intrepida
Intrepida

Posted: 21 February 2014 at 11:15am | IP Logged
i will sound like a broken record but people are taking the MB as the law of the land, as the word of God, like people actually believe that Drupad asked for pain in Draupadi's life!!!!
I believe that the makers of this show have to realise that they are teaching a generation of kids about MB not running a soap opera! And with such power comes great responsiblity on their shoulders to show the right thing, because people will see it as true without questioning it! 

sure they are spending a whole lot of money but money means absolutely nothing in front of the truth or this epic that is older than any of us. 

I loved the show when it started but now its become a mirch masala MB, I dont even know if I should call it MB. Sure some people may think the BRC MB is boring but I think I would take that over what they are showing now- mirch masala, steroid laced Mahabharat!!!

ok i think im done ranting lol

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

sonanaiAnjanaYYZsrishtisinghdevashree_h.Vrish.Sabhayata...Diala...adi2512debasree04_YuviFanatic_

...Diala... IF-Sizzlerz
...Diala...
...Diala...

Posted: 21 February 2014 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Responsibility is the word

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

AnjanaYYZCotswolds.Vrish.IntrepidaSabhayatadebasree04adi2512

Sabhayata IF-Rockerz
Sabhayata
Sabhayata

Posted: 21 February 2014 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Intrepida

iSure some people may think the BRC MB is boring but I think I would take that over what they are showing now- mirch masala, steroid laced Mahabharat!!!
ok i think im done ranting lol
agreed they have dramatized evErything for sake of TRP
But sometimes i do enjoy the drama but sometimes it does become OTT

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AnjanaYYZCotswoldsIntrepidaadi2512

_YuviFanatic_ IF-Stunnerz
_YuviFanatic_
_YuviFanatic_

Posted: 23 February 2014 at 1:31am | IP Logged
I wish Dhritarashtra would have given 'Mrityudand' to these CVs in place of Arjuna.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Cotswolds...-Shreya-...SabhayataIntrepida...Diala...

Cotswolds Goldie
Cotswolds
Cotswolds

Posted: 23 February 2014 at 1:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Shruti

I wish Dhritarashtra would have given 'Mrityudand' to these CVs in place of Arjuna.
LOLLOLLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sabhayata_YuviFanatic_

Sabhayata IF-Rockerz
Sabhayata
Sabhayata

Posted: 23 February 2014 at 2:14am | IP Logged
@shruti:How do you feel about shikhandini coming all the way from panchal next week to taunt Bheeshma
BeautifulBillo IF-Dazzler
BeautifulBillo
BeautifulBillo

Posted: 23 February 2014 at 2:24am | IP Logged
Dr Devdutt Patnaik in his book Jaya -- an illustrated version of the MB has written that it was Krishna who suggested to Vidura that Hastinapur is divided. 

Now if what is said about Eklavya and Drona and this book is what people say is what really happeend in the MB then this should also be true

But BRC's MB showed that the decision was Dri's

so was BRC's MB wrongConfused

Edited by gossipgirl21 - 23 February 2014 at 2:24am
Sabhayata IF-Rockerz
Sabhayata
Sabhayata

Posted: 23 February 2014 at 3:06am | IP Logged
@Gossip girl
This is what ved vyas's MB says about the division

At last the Pandavas, on arriving at the place, worshipped the feet of Dhritarashtra, as also those of the illustrious Bhishma. They also worshipped the feet of everybody else that deserved that honour. And they enquired after the welfare of every citizen (there present). At last, at the command of Dhritarashtra they entered the chambers that had been assigned to them."After they had rested there for some time, they were summoned (to the court) by king Dhritarashtra and Bhishma, the son of Santanu. When they came, king Dhritarashtra addressing Yudhishthira, said, 'Listen, O son of Kunti, with thy brothers, to what I say. Repair ye to Khandavaprastha so that no difference may arise again (between you and your cousins). If you take up your quarters there no one will be able to do you any injury. Protected by Partha (Arjuna), like the celestials by the thunderbolt, reside ye at Khandavaprastha, taking half of the kingdom.'"Vaisampayana continued, 'Agreeing to what Dhritarashtra said, those bulls among men worshipping the king set out from Hastinapura. And content with half the kingdom, they removed to Khandavaprastha, which was in unreclaimed desert. Then those heroes of unfading splendour, viz., the Pandavas, with Krishna at their head, arriving there, beautified the place and made it a second heaven

so one can say it was Dhrit's decision or perhaps Dhrits's decison in consultation with Bhishm.Krishna ji is nowhere mentioned.So what BRC showed was quite close to this

Regarding Jaya i have read jaya as well i dont remember reading Krishna ji advising this to vidura.but may be i dont remember let me read it again

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Ashwini_DAnjanaYYZCotswolds.Vrish.amritatIntrepida

Go to top