Feedback to CVs thread- Story distortion#1 - Page 111

Posted: 10 years ago
No no please spare me from Apad Dharma.. Am ok with this Apad Drama 🤣

SPatel and Anjana.. just tell me one thing I will not trouble you two with my boring question again.. I dont think this can be called interpretation.. Fictionalisation is the closest word I can think of.. you 2 agree or disagree 😔
Edited by ...Diala... - 10 years ago
Originally posted by ...Diala...

No no please spare me from Apad Dharma.. Am ok with this Apad Drama 🤣
I will, but will the CVs spare us from it this week?  Bheesma n King Dhrit may get a lesson in it from Pandavas n their Princess Panchali. 
==
All jokes apart - I think they are taking "creative liberties" with Mahabharat ka epic...but, that is not necessarily bad/good.
Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 10 years ago
Originally posted by spatel23

Agree fully, but to play devil's advocate (since that itself is extremely fun) ... 

Interpretation is the action of explaining the meaning of something. Now, we all agree that this serial is labeled under Mythological Drama, hence religion cannot be stated as a factor (mythology vs. religion -- two totally different things; mythology can be part of a religion, but religion isn't a part of mythology). 

The actions are all there in the text and I will, in the course of this hearing, use your examples against you ðŸ˜›

Let's start with the arjun and subhadra meeting before the swayamvar. Ship!! Subhadra is a child ... okay, good argument. (apparently Arjun was 50 when he married Subhadra and 33 when he married Draupadi... source: http://www.drpvvartak.com/publishings/Birthdate_of_Krishna.pdf))🤣 But to uphold to honor of my client, spatel23, I shall show you that Subhadra was far from a child. 

Subhadra was not born when Arjun was in Hastinapura, after completing his gurukul. So it must be logical to say that Subhadra used to visit Arjun in the form of a spirit (not like a ghost or anything, but you know how gods and goddess appear but don't appear... something like that). Either that, OR the subhadra who we see here is NOT the subhadra who married Arjun. 

I give up. I quit. You win, spatel23 loses. Your Honor, I surrender my case and plead my client is insane and was not in a stable state of mind when he made this argument ðŸ¤£

(DISCLAIMER: HUMOR PURPOSES.. )

... seriously, I highly would expect that Arjun's age when he married Subhadra, as well as Subhadra's age when she married Arjun probably came up during the "research phase," which implies and supports Sabhayata fully...

My original intention was to say that interpretation can be taken in many ways. For example, with the Pandavas punching a hole. In the original, there was probably something about a miner. Now what SP did was they interpreted (see what I did there ðŸ˜‰) the miner as not an actual character, and they interpreted the hole that was dug, as not actually being there... with all these interpretations, they simply added one of their own - a super panch pandavas packed punch

Ok, so in the Gurukul days, princes of Yadav race - vrishnis and whatever, they wee also training with the Kuru Princes.
There is the story that those Yadav princes used to tell their friends about Subhadra Madam. So, i wonder how old she must be?? according to the MB chronology on Hindunet, Arjuna was around 58 when he married subhi😕
How old must she be then if the Yadav princes used to tell Arjuna about Subhadra? he was well above 14 at that time since Yudhi was 16 when Pandu died.
Ok - I have 2 ask... what were these people consuming such that they could be so "active" in their old age?  Did people back then really have such long life spans?

Originally posted by AnjanaYYZ

Ok - I have 2 ask... what were these people consuming such that they could be so "active" in their old age?  Did people back then really have such long life spans?

The "Balya" stage ended after 40 years.
People were considered young adults till 120 years ... after that, it was middle age.
Source -MB Chrono., Hindu net ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by medha00

The "Balya" stage ended after 40 years.
People were considered young adults till 120 years ... after that, it was middle age.
Source -MB Chrono., Hindu net ðŸ˜†

So bheeshma was a young man when he died?  Good GOD please tell me their diet😆
Originally posted by spatel23

they should have made Kunti explain to Bheeshma since it was her fault... hell they should have thrown in Mr. Drupad right when Duri insults Draupadi ... now that is drama (and repetition ...)

This would have made a LOT of sense than Draupadi explaining Bheeshm. Hmm Draupadi seems to be  22nd century women here.. one step ahead of all.😆
Ye kaun saa natak hai bhai...koi mazak hai kya...
Originally posted by Medha.S

How old must she be then if the Yadav princes used to tell Arjuna about Subhadra? he was well above 14 at that time since Yudhi was 16 when Pandu died.
Havent read about this(bold part) but in any case here is why subhadra was just a child when arjun passed out from Gurukul
Subhadra was born after krishna ji killed kansa and released his father and mother from jail.Krishna ji was 11 when he killed kansa so considering the best case scenario age difference between krishna ji and subhadra has to be atleast 12 years if not more.And considering that even if arjun passed from gurukul at 19 or 20 subhadra cant me more than 8 or 7 years old at that time.
Originally posted by Sabhayata

Havent read about this(bold part) but in any case here is why subhadra was just a child when arjun passed out from Gurukul
Subhadra was born after krishna ji killed kansa and released his father and mother from jail.Krishna ji was 11 when he killed kansa so considering the best case scenario age difference between krishna ji and subhadra has to be atleast 12 years if not more.And considering that even if arjun passed from gurukul at 19 or 20 subhadra cant me more than 8 or 7 years old at that time.
 you are right... and arjun met her first time in dhwarika when he was on his 12 yrs vanvas becoz of entering in draupadi's room when she was with yudhisthir... after indraprasth...