Suggestions / Comments

Clarification regarding fan points - reposting

Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
All - I just saw that my topic was lost in the view points thread. I am asking a different question. Would appreciate it if the topics are kept separate and NOT merged... Reposting the same 

Sorry for the bold red font... but I want the answer separately..

Vijay Sir,

Since you were so kind as to explain some of the details of the ranking system for celebrities recently to one set of fans, we would like to ask you for more clarity. As you are well aware, IF is one of the biggest online platforms and is visited by many TV celebrities, so it would be nice to have clarity and transparency in the ranking system.

We would like some clarification about the definition of active fans in a celebrity's profile and how the points are counted every week.

Is it the number of fans in the fan clubs that are counted? This seems unlikely, given the fan counts of the top four celebrities as shown in the picture posted below.

Or is it according to the number of posts made by the fans in forums across IF. Also, if it is the latter, are the posts in Fan Fictions and Chat Clubs also counted in the post count, or is it only the active show forums of the celebrities which are counted?

If fans are members of more than one fan club, where are their posts counted? In the forums of the respective actors' shows or chat clubs, or for all the actors they are fans of? Many members are fans of onscreen couples, both current and past, so will their posts count in both the actors' fans activity in the respective forums, even if they mention only one name?

Or is there any other criterion you use to calculate the fan count every week?

We would appreciate if you could clarify this in the interest of fairness and transparency on the site, as many fans spend their valuable time commenting for their favorite celebrities and discussing their favorite shows.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SaRun. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
nice post!
ive always wanted to knw on what basis the ranks are given!
Deus_Vult thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thankgod  that  u  made  the  post  again  ...cant  stand  of  some  people😆 oopss  sorry
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Reposting my post from before because seems as though some folks want to draw attention away from this topic, which in fact makes me even more eager to get a response on this issue. This is a separate topic from the issue they have been addressing.

At TM, thank you so much for making this post as it's something I've wondered about for a long time.

Vijay sir, please would you clarify what constitutes fan activity. Is it defined by how active certain members are in the forum...in that case wouldn't it make more sense to have a separate ranking for active members instead of attributing their activity to a celebrity.

If a fan club member of a particular celebrity posts on a forum that has nothing to at all to do with the celebrity who's fan club they belong to then does that celebrity get fan activity points for that post. If so why, when the forum has nothing to do with the celebrity?

Same scenario with chat clubs...do celebrities get fan activity points if their fans are active in chat clubs? Again if so how does the chat club in which they may well be discussing other celebrities be fairly counted as fan activity for the celebrity whose fan club they belong to?

We would like some transparency as to how this work because it seems highly unfair that fan activity should be attributed to a celebrity when in reality they have nothing to do with the posts made apart from the fact that their fans are members of a fan club.

Guinea thumbnail
Reposting my post again ...
I was one of those who never per se questioned the ranking system in IF which I also understand must be to get a lot of clicks to the site apart from creating ardent fan groups for various celebrities. Always felt that the fan group which works the hardest that particular week ...their idol tops the ranking. 
This ranking in the real world means nothing but is more of a feel good thing for fans in IF.

However for the past 6-7 weeks have seen a lot of hullabaloo on the view points , so thank you TM for making this post as this is a good platform to clear doubts abt the fan group no. as well , as i have always been confused abt that...all queries have already been asked by various members so I would not repeat the same. 

I do hope vijay sir does reply on some of these queries as they are important and pertinent questions but not once do I think the system is biased or unfair. In all probability , it is a computer automated system which keeps collecting data on an automative daily basis , just like the chaska meter. 

Guinea thumbnail
Originally posted by SanayaIsBest

Thanks for this post. Much needed after all the fussing going on about view points.
I will not repeat the queries made here, all are valid & deserve an explanation from IF, a reputable entertainment portal.

I really believe that the fan group that is most active in views, comments,& fan activity on a weekly basis get to see their celebrity on top.  I think everything is computer generated on a daily basis, there is no human intervention in these tabulations. However, I would like to know what activities contribute to fan points.

I do not have any doubts about the fairness on how these are calculated.
If a celebrity's comments are low, they are low. Let the fans work harder to improve that.
If view points have reduced, they have reduced because other groups are working harder.
There is no need  to question the fairness and restrict number of views per user. That would not be fair to fans who are working hard to increase views of their celebrities.
Number of fans & pages have reduced,  because of the MID clean up that was done. And I understand it is not easy task to eliminate all MIDs.

I believe it is ok to seek an understanding of how the system works, and as a user I want to know that, but its not ok  to question the system every time my favorite celebrity slips in ranking. 
I think the ranking system is fine & fair  as it is...just a little explanation is all what we seek.

Very well said ..
kchaims thumbnail
Hey ,
I had merged the topics because all the questions were regarding celebrity ranking .It will be easier for higher authority to explain in a single thread , rather than several threads.And to avoid your question to be getting lost ,I have added fan points to the topic heading . Kindly do not open new threads for the same .
Closing thread. Any issues please PM me.
-S/C Team