• Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

Kushal takes an Aquila shot

my new ride: Kushal Punjabi PIC/ atul kamble

The actor recently bought himself a Korean limited edition bike
Tushar Joshi
[email protected]

"Bikes are in my genes", says Kushal Punjabi. The actor reveals he's had a thing for the two-wheeler since he was a kid. "My dad was also into bikes. I remember taking to them instinctively. Some guys are into cars, but for me nothing compares to a bike ride."
Bike buddies
The actor talks about having long conversations with John Abraham during his Kaal days. "We would chat for hours about bikes. He, too, is crazy about them." Recently, the actor purchased a limited edition Korean bike. "I had my eyes set on it for a long time. It's called Aquila and Kinetic has got it to India. They have very few bikes of this make in the country. So when a friend of mine wanted to sell it to me, I didn't think twice." With a power of 250cc Kushal calls the Aquila an easy ride. "It's got a twin engine, very fast and is a lean-mean machine."
Kushal says it's been four years since he was without a bike. "What better companion to ask for, than a bike? I find riding a bike a spiritual experience. When I want to be by myself and just chill, I go out on a ride."
Lone rider
When asked what would be his dream bike, he says, "It has to be the Honda Valkyrie Rune. It's 1600cc and a complete masterpiece." Does he like taking people out on a ride? "Frankly speaking, I prefer riding the bike myself. I do have friends who join me, but given a choice I'd want to go on a solo ride." In the city he prefers driving either on Palm Beach Road or Worli Seaface. "I think early morning or late nights are a good time to go for a ride. I don't use my bike for commuting; it's purely for relaxing and indulging myself in my passion."