Page 3 of 8

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 8
Page 4 Page 8

Jannat-Fictions

Goldie

Jannat-Fictions

Posted: 05 December 2013 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
I've got the book and its been sitting in bookcase for some time, haven't started it as of yet but will certainly starting this weekend. There's quite a number of people who've talked about this books so hope its as good as many say... 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Fault In Our Stars. (Page 3)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-GredForge-

IF-Rockerz

-GredForge-

Posted: 11 December 2013 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
read this book recently and its just fine ! 
i hated the start, the way they meet coz it looked so rushed !
but it gets interesting as we get to know the characters better and the story developd further! i didnt like how hazel had long and complicated words in almoost every dialogue of hers which resulted in me skipping few paragraphs where she goes on lecturing! i prefer simple books where u dont need to check the dictionary evey few minutes! but all in all a good read..

i will still say nicholas sparks is the best when it comes to romantic stories...
read a walk to remember , its 100 times better than this bk!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.enigma

Delphine

Delphine

Posted: 12 January 2014 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Oh! dear, if only I could say it is a mockery of death then I would have not cried as much as I cried. 

It's not a mockery of death at all. It feels so true to me. Faith, courage and logic are the only three things which can keep us sane during such tough times. Yes, they may sound contradictory but if we have faith in some-being/thing/situation, our logic automatically justifies it. 

Had Hazel not dealt with the situation logically she would have given up her life and could have never enjoyed whatever was left of it. It made me see things from a different angle though I still lack the courage and will-power to deal with tough times. Truthfully, I can't deal with a death-like situation even though we know death is inevitable. Such is life!

zephyr29

.enigma

IF-Rockerz

.enigma

Posted: 13 January 2014 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Am I the only one who didn't like the story of "The fault in our stars"?Stern Smile For me the book was a great disappointment. I thought that the story line was a very typical one.It was an archetypal love story and from the very beginning when I came to know about the cancer thing,I expected one of the characters to die in the end. This ruined the suspense for me. I'm always looking for something unique,peculiar and ingenious.There was nothing quirky or remarkable about the story line. However,it would be very wrong of me if I do not praise John Green's superlative piece of writing. He presented a very simple and raw story in an extraordinary way. The characters that he notches are memorable. Approve When it comes to love stories,I always recommend Nicholas Spark's book. The Notebook was worth my time. The story line was an unprecedented one. However,I even didn't like"A walk to remember." 

Edited by .Enigma. - 13 January 2014 at 5:18am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-GredForge-supriya.ipkknd

LadyStark

IF-Rockerz

LadyStark

Posted: 18 January 2014 at 10:46am | IP Logged
I read it this Christmas and it touched my heart. John Green has definately done an incredible job writing this beautiful piece of work. It's full of heartbreaking, witty and humourous events and you can't just help crying in the end. 

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
The trailer for The Fault in Our Stars is out and its heartbreaking.

For those who haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ItBvH5J6ss

-GredForge-

love_iqbal_khan

IF-Rockerz

love_iqbal_khan

Posted: 01 February 2014 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
My best friend suggested this book and she seemed to be in love with it...and now that I'm seeing how many people are praising it here...I'm putting it down on my list!
Thank you for sharing your reading experience with this one! :)

-Aliya-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Aliya-

Posted: 13 February 2014 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Its one of those books that I recommend to all my friends and then they come back to me after reading it and ask me "why would you introduce me to such heartbreak?!" LOL but honestly speaking, it is John Green's  style of writing and his ability to diffuse the expected sadness that comes with cancer through his brilliant use of witty humour, that makes this such a memorable read for me
I hope the film can do as much justice to the book as films are ever capable of

zephyr29

Post Reply New Post

Go to top