Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

-Infinity-

-Infinity-

Posted: 21 November 2013 at 2:20am | IP Logged
Well, I'm a kinda new to this forum and I wrote one topic here before and thanks for making a hot topic. Well that isn't what I'm talking. Have you ever read the book or ever heard of The Fault in our stars by John Green. This book is so amazing and you can relate to the characters and love the whole life long. The writing is mature and it is way to hilarious. Like Augustus Waters calling Hazel Grace , and Hazel telling "Just hazel". This book is raw, lovable, humorous, tragic. And you can re-read it like trillion times. Peter-van-houten can sometimes be your fav character and he will be for sure his sarcastic language and Augustus' lovely language makes you love the character all the way.
Anyways, its movie is been releasing June 6th 2014, and fans are awaited. John green can sometimes the Shakespeare,  haha. LOL
If you have read it , tell me your opinions about it?

Love, suma.

The following 33 member(s) liked the above post:

metaphor4MeherSehgalAppleCiderathi_vrushanLoveToLaugh-Swetha-purple.starlDirectionerlJannat-FictionsAzureLichtSamilicious..diyataareyBrishti_SarkarNo2Pencil-Lila--Wanderer-..Labyrinth..QuietlyLoudxbeyondwordsxHPmaniacChand_NiHealMeForeverFlawlessAshvikzephyr29-StephinesS-.StarDust..Optimism.applesauce.epiphany.-Aliya-oblivious..RajvirNandini.Madhuri53

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Fault In Our Stars." in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 22 November 2013 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
It was an amazing book which I must confess I was quite skeptical about but when I finally finished it I was in love with it. Its quite easily among my favorite books right now.

I was very impressed how John Green managed to weave a story around a very depressing theme like Cancer and a love story between terminally ill teenagers but doesn't make it melodramatic or weepy (though it is moving), and actually infuses huge doses of sarcasm, wit and humour. And the best part is seeing things (and life) from these 2 kids' perspective actually makes us think of our own existence. So yeah this is a book that makes you laugh, cry and think. Even though it is bittersweet it didn't make me sad, instead it had me feeling hopeful somehow, especially the ending.

PS: And yeah, Peter Van Houten was a very interesting character LOL. Can't wait to see how he's portrayed by Wilhem Dafoe in the movie. 

Edited by zephyr29 - 22 November 2013 at 12:57pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaugh-Swetha-Samilicious..HPmaniacChand_Ni-Aliya-applesauce.oblivious.

-Infinity-

-Infinity-

Posted: 23 November 2013 at 2:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zephyr29

It was an amazing book which I must confess I was quite skeptical about but when I finally finished it I was in love with it. Its quite easily among my favorite books right now.

I was very impressed how John Green managed to weave a story around a very depressing theme like Cancer and a love story between terminally ill teenagers but doesn't make it melodramatic or weepy (though it is moving), and actually infuses huge doses of sarcasm, wit and humour. And the best part is seeing things (and life) from these 2 kids' perspective actually makes us think of our own existence. So yeah this is a book that makes you laugh, cry and think. Even though it is bittersweet it didn't make me sad, instead it had me feeling hopeful somehow, especially the ending.

PS: And yeah, Peter Van Houten was a very interesting character LOL. Can't wait to see how he's portrayed by Wilhem Dafoe in the movie. 
Who could not love Peter van houten and yes, such a depressing theme is portrayed in such a good way, that's what makes it so important. 
Its a book that could be ever remembered. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-zephyr29applesauce.

DUGGUlicious

IF-Sizzlerz

DUGGUlicious

Posted: 23 November 2013 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Adding to my shelf ji...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Infinity-

xbeyondwordsx

IF-Dazzler

xbeyondwordsx

Well-Bred CC Captain , FF Graphicer

Posted: 23 November 2013 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
Oooh sounds very interesting! Next on my list, I guess :D 

-Infinity-

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 25 November 2013 at 10:55am | IP Logged
The Fault in Our Stars is an ingenious piece of work! I finished reading it last summer in about a day. So, yes, I associate John Green's writing style with the kind of writing style that I am most likely to get hooked to. It's like one of those books you pick up and can't put down. The idea is to present the most complex and heartbreaking and eye-opening ideas in the simplest available words. John Green does that so damn well. And the characters he etches are always, every time, memorable. Approve

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Infinity--Swetha-Samilicious..zephyr29applesauce.oblivious.

-Ronnie-

IF-Rockerz

-Ronnie-

Posted: 27 November 2013 at 8:28am | IP Logged
downloading ebook!! :D
will buy it tomorrow!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Infinity--Swetha-

-Infinity-

-Infinity-

Posted: 30 November 2013 at 5:03am | IP Logged
@DUGGUlicious - why wait ? Add to the shelf jii.. you can love it forever. 

-Swetha-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top