Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Nicely written!!
Lol you said the exact same thing I've posted in a couple of threads that it wasn't really a love story but "lust at first sight" kinda story of hormonal teenagers which is why the love story felt incomplete to many people.
Ranveer and Deepika have really outdone themselves in this film!! You go into the theater knowing how its going to end (at least I did) but I still loved it!! I would not have any other ending for this film.
For me this was SLB's best movie and then comes HDDCS (I didn't like the ending of HDDCS...I wanted her to choose Sameer which is why it's second on my list). This film does have its flaws like all other films do but it was still really good!
Edited by MischiefManaged - 10 years ago
A_la_mode thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey great review!! I loved thim movie & saw a second time already😳 I felt the first time was too fast & a bit hazy!!

One thing that I thought about after watching the 2nd time was, the final cut could have been flawed. I read a couple of reviews complaining about the editing & knowing SLB was the editor here & what a perfectionist he is, I was surprised. Didn't realise at the first take, but defo. on my second watch noted that some scenes were chopped off in between & some added out of nowhere like the scene where Ram is going to burn the Ravan effigy, that seems chopped off. I think this was becoz of all the protests, bans, I think they edited a lot last moment😔 But I am hoping we get a uncut DVD version!! It was pretty perfect otherwise & was so touched by this movie!
MysticalRealm thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Humsafar.

I LOVED your review! ❤️

This movie had me sitting in the edge of my seat, bawling like a baby, laughing like a love struck teenager, angry as a Rajari, and blushing like a nayi naveli dulhan.

^^ Me too..😆😆

YAAY!
Phew.. some elese!
MysticalRealm thumbnail
Originally posted by: MischiefManaged

Nicely written!!

Lol you said the exact same thing I've posted in a couple of threads that it wasn't really a love story but "lust at first sight" kinda story of hormonal teenagers which is why the love story felt incomplete to many people.
Ranveer and Deepika have really outdone themselves in this film!! You go into the theater knowing how its going to end (at least I did) but I still loved it!! I would not have any other ending for this film.
For me this was SLB's best movie and then comes HDDCS (I didn't like the ending of HDDCS...I wanted her to choose Sameer which is why it's second on my list). This film does have its flaws like all other films do but it was still really good!

Exactly! I am glad you got it!
I knew what was gonna happen when I walked inot the theatre.. I was not expecting any less, and I got what I wanted! Ofc it has its flaws.. especially because it had so much editing done at the end of it all!
MysticalRealm thumbnail
Originally posted by: fountainhead

Hey great review!! I loved thim movie & saw a second time already😳 I felt the first time was too fast & a bit hazy!!

One thing that I thought about after watching the 2nd time was, the final cut could have been flawed. I read a couple of reviews complaining about the editing & knowing SLB was the editor here & what a perfectionist he is, I was surprised. Didn't realise at the first take, but defo. on my second watch noted that some scenes were chopped off in between & some added out of nowhere like the scene where Ram is going to burn the Ravan effigy, that seems chopped off. I think this was becoz of all the protests, bans, I think they edited a lot last moment😔 But I am hoping we get a uncut DVD version!! It was pretty perfect otherwise & was so touched by this movie!

But it ws still good, considering romeo and juliet had sex the first time !
I already watched in twice in the theaters too! 
Yeah, but really you can't blame him because they did have to change A LOT because of baseless protests!
A_la_mode thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
No I am not blaming SLB, upset that a bunch of loonies forced him to change some things which would have made the movies slick..not that it wasn't but definitely more!
MysticalRealm thumbnail
Originally posted by: fountainhead

No I am not blaming SLB, upset that a bunch of loonies forced him to change some things which would have made the movies slick..not that it wasn't but definitely more!

No no ! That comment was not for you.. more for those who blamed him :P
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
u know I really hope we get the uncut version on dvd, I really think there is so much they took out of the movie besides the songs, I think some of the scenes were also longer but they had to cut them short. Hopefully we get all those things in the dvd.
MysticalRealm thumbnail
Originally posted by: zarak65

u know I really hope we get the uncut version on dvd, I really think there is so much they took out of the movie besides the songs, I think some of the scenes were also longer but they had to cut them short. Hopefully we get all those things in the dvd.

So true... god knows we need more of this movie 😉
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I personally didn't like the movie. I went for Deepika & amazing song.