India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Ram - Leela is an OUTSTANDING movie

MysticalRealm IF-Dazzler
MysticalRealm
MysticalRealm

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 4:40pm | IP Logged
I know there is a post about how it is a terrible movie, and that is a personal opinion, but this is MY opinion about what the movie is, with reasons and everything!
FIRST THING FIRST, many people seem to forget that Romeo and Juliet it self is NOT a love story, it is the story of two hormonal teenagers who fell in lust at first sight, and later in love. 
That is exactly the case in Ram-Leela... I am aware that some people found their "Lahu Mun Lag Gaya" kiss too soon, but baby, that's what you walked into when you walked into a Shakespeare remake that is created by the rather daring SLB with complete devotion and passion.

PROS

Actors

I don't understand how much I can emphasize how proud I am of the two lead actors in this film.
Ranveer has always been a good actor, many agree to disagree, but I think he has. But in this movie, he has outshone all his previous roles. 
There are so many scenes in the movie where you literally want to reach out to him so you can squeeze him in your arms to relieve him of the pain. 
- The truce meeting (where he is crying for his wife internally, and little bit externally)
- The scene where he enters Leela's room after  killing Kanji and begs for her support
- The scene where post the interval where he checks to see if his blood colour has not changed
- The scene where he is drunk with his friends at night and is crying while he is describing his Leela

It doesn't get any better than that... the pain can be seen so easily on his face!
Deepika is a start already, she has proven that in all her movies this year, but the biggest reason her performance has been amazing is because of the dedication and professionalism she has put into this movie. She performed well in pain, in sickness and with sleepless nights... for a girl who has five movies releasing this year, she has done FANTASTIC!

Supriya and Richa are freaking goddesses in their acting... I was actually terrified of Supriya... and Richa Chadda has never looked so attractive to me before!

Director, Musician, Screenplay, Dialogues - The Perfectionist SLB

I dont even know if it is legal to play basically most of the roles that make up a movie, but SLB has left no stone unturned to make this HIS movie, and HIS tribute to his mom. 
He has already proven his worth to the industry with his movies like Devdas, HDDCS, Black, Khamoshi, and Guzaarish, but I think this is his absolute BEST.
Not only is his music purely authentic Gujarati (I am a gujju), but his lyrics have SOOO much meaning to them... once you actually watch the movie and understand the songs in the scenario, you will have this epiphany and goose-bump moment... it'll make you wanna cry!
He brings this chilling acting out of his actors and he molds you into their character
He pursues the evident theme of trust in the movie starting from the dialogue "humaare yahaan kehte hai ke jis mard ke seene pe baal nahi hote, uss pe bharosa nahi kiya ja sakta"
In the post the interval, that is all they have for each other, TRUST. Whenever something goes wrong, Ram and Leela never break that spellbinding trust they have on each other.
"mera toh ab sab ram bharose" is the line which slips by many in the movie but plays a very important role because ever though they dont speak to each other in the movie beyond that point, they never doubt each other (which is reconfirmed in the ending).
The dialogues, by god, are AMAZING, they will make you want to memorize them (which I partially have) 
"guroor mein doobe hue samundar ko kya pataa tha ke woh ek din banjaar rann bann jaayega... jab uski nahi chali toh aapk kya ho?"
DAMN GOOD!

They did not die for NOTHING:

Now, it's been a while since I read the actual play, but I dont remember there being any "conclusion" to the problem in the play... the Capulets and Montegueys never really conciliated right?
Well in RamLeela... they died for a good cause. They cured this 500 year enemity! It was totally worth it!
Also, the end was light and airy... with this extreme sense of anxiety,,, you really want them to survive, but they don't, afterall, it is Shakespeare tradegy... And the fact that they repeat their first dialogues to each other is AWESOME because it gives you a chance to really understand their relationship... 

Last but not the least - HOT HOT HOT and PASSION

Now, many poeple dont find Ranveer Singh hot, I get it. He is not the hottest guy out there, but when you see his confidence, charm, and personality in this movie, apart from his body, he wil automatically become this sexy piece of meat that you cant have enough of, facial hair or not. 

Deepika, uh.. what more do you want? It's Deepika. That woman is a bomb waiting to explode!

UMMM... I am sorry if someone actually read through all of that... I just had to share my opinion...
AND... It's not the bestest of movies, but it is not TERRIBLE either... sorry if you don't agree... really sorry, it' kind of sad that you can't see what I can see, but that's fine, everyone is different!

CONS

They die... and they never get a chance to consummate like Romeo and Juliet did... 

4.5* out of 5 - This movie had me sitting in the edge of my seat, bawling like a baby, laughing like a love struck teenager, angry as a Rajari, and blushing like a nayi naveli dulhan. DAMN GOOD.

PLEASE DON'T GET INTO A FIGHT,,, this was my review!

Edited by MysticalRealm - 18 November 2013 at 4:44pm

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

AdfanTuesdaysChild..Zahra..Twinkie_StarPerpetuumMobileHakunaMatata.A_la_modeHZAnitaDiahhsania_12lovanikazara321DriftInfinitelyVintageWineBasiliskKulfiBai.Bongsookie..ByGod.Nancy

zara321 IF-Sizzlerz
zara321
zara321

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
nice review!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MysticalRealm.Bongsookie.

MysticalRealm IF-Dazzler
MysticalRealm
MysticalRealm

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zarak65

nice review!

Wow.. did you actually read the whole thing? LOL
zara321 IF-Sizzlerz
zara321
zara321

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MysticalRealm

nice review!

yeh I did, its nice to read someone enjoying the movie, sick of all the negativity. But the positivity is also very high aswell.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

HakunaMatata.

MysticalRealm IF-Dazzler
MysticalRealm
MysticalRealm

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 4:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by MysticalRealm

nice review!

yeh I did, its nice to read someone enjoying the movie, sick of all the negativity. But the positivity is also very high aswell.

IKR! I was o frustrated with eveyrone pointing so many fingers at the film and completely stealing the beauty out of it... I had to post my thoughts to bring positivity back!
There is no in between for this one... you either love it, or you cant see the beauty and end up hating it!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Twinkie_StarHakunaMatata.

Twinkie_Star IF-Dazzler
Twinkie_Star
Twinkie_Star

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
You wrote it all... Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Bongsookie.

-Vagabando- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 5:06pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
HZAnita IF-Dazzler
HZAnita
HZAnita

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 5:06pm | IP Logged
Thanks for that review!  Ram-Leela definitely seems like a polarizing movie.  90% of people either loved it or hated it, while 10% are probably in the middle somewhere.

I loved it for what it was. There were definitely flaws, but, for me, the positives far outweighed the negatives.  All I know is that certain scenes from the movie will stay with me for a very long time. Heart

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

TuesdaysChildHakunaMatata.PerpetuumMobile.Bongsookie.

Go to top