Jodha Akbar

Jalal - efficient multi-tasker

Cleo12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

First of all, I would like to thank you all for taking the time to read my first  post on Jodha and sending such wonderful comments.  It is so encouraging for a new writer like me who could never really impress the English or Hindi language teachers with my writing skills. I mean it...trust me...modesty is not one of my virtues.

I can't help but notice Jalal's multitasking skills that have come out very well in the last few episodes. But before commenting on that, I'd like to say that the way he has dealt with the fake pregnancy tract (the latter half only) is impressive. The romantic in me really wanted him to just believe Jodha and not go ahead with the blue vomit' test. But I am glad that he did it.  In spite of his heart telling him that she was innocent, he still took a more pragmatic approach. He is an emperor and is expected to be fair. Justice should not be done based on instincts...even when the person involved is someone close to your heart. He is expected to have the same set of standards for everyone while delivering justice. This is good for Jodha as well   because now she will be proved innocent based on  scientific evidence ( I am not sure but hope that the blue vomit test was almost as reliable as a DNA test is today).  People like Maham will not be able to tell Jodha that she somehow managed to get away because of her influence on Jalal and his trust in her.  I am choosing to ignore the fact that in a few weeks' time, everybody would have known that she is really not pregnant (with or without the blue vomit test).

Also, in those days when siblings and sons killed for power...placing immense trust in anyone including a righteous wife was not a sensible thing to do for an emperor. Please don't question me here...I am a woman but I choose pragmatism  over silly romance.

Now coming to Jalal's multitasking skills.  Today's scene from Deewan-e-khass was the one that made me think about it. He looked  clearly  consumed by this fake pregnancy ordeal. The anxiety and stress was evident on his face. But  his performance as team leader in Dewaan -e-khaas while discussing Kabul and Munim Khan was flawless...He did not forget the fact that the role of a general is very important in winning a war. He did not wait to reward this general for his loyalty and success. People who have been administrators will understand this right away.  Timing is important...a good team leader will appreciate and reward good workers as soon as they feel that the worker has done something worthy of a praise. The boss should be the first one to appreciate, not the 125th one.

So we see Jalal taking sensible decisions about two most important things in his life ...simultaneously...his wife and obsession Jodha  and his duty as an emperor( he is known as one of the most ambitious people in history). And in spite of being so stressed out, he appears to be dealing with both in a sensible and almost calm manner.

I have to mention two other incidents here

One when he was mesmerized while looking at Jodha through his bedroom window while talking to Atgah Khan about the maulvi revolt. It seemed that he listened to every word that his vazir said in spite of the fact that he was  admiring his wife( and probably planning his next move)at the same time.  Think of it practically, it is not an easy thing to do it... Not even for a man. Raging hormones and sensible thinking about an unrelated issue usually don't go hand in hand.

The second incident is when he is sitting in dewan-e-khaas while listing to Atgah Khan again, who is updating him on Abu Mali. He looks lost while playing with Jodha's ring. Atgah khan notices that  and asks him  if he is not feeling well . He surprises Atgah Khan  as well as us by repeating his vazir's words. Yes, he was paying attention.

The reason I am mentioning this is because I am impressed with his ability to concentrate on two very serious subjects at the same time ...That too, in a responsible, calm and sensible manner.

Historians have mentioned that Akbar was a very intelligent man. MENSA did not exist in those days but I am sure that they would have loved to interview him.  This is a man who was considered uneducated and could not even read or write. In the 21st century, we know that education plays a very important role in the development of a person's cognitive skills. If you talk to  dementia experts, they will tell how important education is in determining not only a person's cognitive ability but their memory and executive functions as well. People who are highly educated are often able to beat some dementia tests like the mini mental exam' in the early stages of disease. They unknowingly mask their symptoms very well.  This makes me wonder how intelligent Jalal must be. He functions very well in spite of not having any formal education.

Jalal has come a long way as far his multi-tasking shills are concerned. Remember, not too long ago, he was unable to perform two simple tasks of drooling and sword fighting simultaneously. The loser blamed Jodha's beauty for that.

Well, I have to say this about Jalal...'Yeh multitasking ka hunar usme paidaaish se nahi hai...Usne uski baakayeda taaleem haasil ki hai' .

My next post...if it ever happens will hopefully be on Mahamanga. I am forced to admire her for not just her intelligence but a rare quality of a successful politician... no matter what the circumstances are, she never forgets her priorities which include

1.     Jalal's rise and success. Her love for her son Adham does not make her blind to the fact that it is Jalal and only Jalal has the qualities of being a successful emperor.

2.     The importance of her role in Jalal's life while minimizing everybody else's influence... Including Jodha, Hamida and Rukkiya.

Take care and thanks again!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
WOW...
A good balanced post about today's episode - a pleasure reading it...🤗

A few other places I found him multi-tasking was during the Durg issue - he might have been busy doing push ups and telling stories, but he knew what he was doing wrt Sukanya's future and showing the Wajinder dude his place!

He visited the temple with Jodha and at the same time knew how to placate MA about it

He's not only a multi-tasker - he's multi-layered and that's why he's an interesting watch!

ETA about the sword fighting bit - I'm sure you only meant that as a light-hearted note - but, had to add - Had he wanted he could have gone on - he knew it was only a light-hearted exercise and so let himself be distracted -besides, he had no qualms accepting it either!

Anyway, isn't that what love stories are about - 
The only one who manages to distract the seemingly un-distractable!
The only one who manages to bring that flutter in the heart of the seemingly heartless
Edited by lashy - 10 years ago
sonia_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Another superb post 👏 👏
Loved your take on the successful multi-tasker Jalal. 
This is well put...wish he had spared some thought to the Sharifuddin issue during the fort incident...then he inadvertently wouldn't have created another monster in BB.

he still took a more pragmatic approach. He is an emperor and is expected to be fair. Justice should not be done based on instincts...even when the person involved is someone close to your heart. 
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: lashy

WOW...

A good balanced post about today's episode - a pleasure reading it...🤗

A few other places I found him multi-tasking was during the Durg issue - he might have been busy doing push ups and telling stories, but he knew what he was doing wrt Sukanya's future and showing the Wajinder dude his place!

He visited the temple with Jodha and at the same time knew how to placate MA about it

He's not only a multi-tasker - he's multi-layered and that's why he's an interesting watch!

ETA about the sword fighting bit - I'm sure you only meant that as a light-hearted note - but, had to add - Had he wanted he could have gone on - he knew it was only a light-hearted exercise and so let himself be distracted -besides, he had no qualms accepting it either!

Anyway, isn't that what love stories are about - 
The only one who manages to distract the seemingly un-distractable!
The only one who manages to bring that flutter in the heart of the seemingly heartless

OMG Lashy! Loved the last two lines, bang on!
Cleo12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Of course Lashy, I mean it in a light hearted way... I find his naughty and flirtatious side very endearing... So I went ahead and called him a 'loser'... Just fun. He is not the only who has the right to tease. He called our sweet Jodha 'churail' inspite of knowing that this innocent angry young girl has no sense of humor...and yes, she was offended and probably did not get the joke... I am just taking revenge on her behalf. 
lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Cleo12345

Of course Lashy, I mean it in a light hearted way... I find his naughty and flirtatious side very endearing... So I went ahead and called him a 'loser'... Just fun. He is not the only who has the right to tease. He called our sweet Jodha 'churail' inspite of knowing that this innocent angry young girl has no sense of humor...and yes, she was offended and probably did not get the joke... I am just taking revenge on her behalf. 

😆
I quite like teasing the two leads myself...
pallavi003 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
very nice write up. you are amazing in  justifying one character. 👏
And not to mention I would eagerly wait for your take on Maham anga too. she indeed a very layered character and interesting too.

Now coming too Jalal, yup, it's really an admirable virtue of him. how he manages to concentrate on two different matters, not only a bit different , rather to precise poles apart matters very efficiently and sorts out is really laudable.

Though he was not formally educated but it is said that he could memorize anything read out to him and never forgot. Very sharp minded, astute, fierce king he was and most colorful character in the whole mughal dynasty,.😊
ashpat thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Cleo12345

First of all, I would like to thank you all for taking the time to read my first  post on Jodha and sending such wonderful comments.  It is so encouraging for a new writer like me who could never really impress the English or Hindi language teachers with my writing skills. I mean it...trust me...modesty is not one of my virtues.

I can't help but notice Jalal's multitasking skills that have come out very well in the last few episodes. But before commenting on that, I'd like to say that the way he has dealt with the fake pregnancy tract (the latter half only) is impressive. The romantic in me really wanted him to just believe Jodha and not go ahead with the blue vomit' test. But I am glad that he did it.  In spite of his heart telling him that she was innocent, he still took a more pragmatic approach. He is an emperor and is expected to be fair. Justice should not be done based on instincts...even when the person involved is someone close to your heart. He is expected to have the same set of standards for everyone while delivering justice. This is good for Jodha as well   because now she will be proved innocent based on  scientific evidence ( I am not sure but hope that the blue vomit test was almost as reliable as a DNA test is today).  People like Maham will not be able to tell Jodha that she somehow managed to get away because of her influence on Jalal and his trust in her.  I am choosing to ignore the fact that in a few weeks' time, everybody would have known that she is really not pregnant (with or without the blue vomit test).

Also, in those days when siblings and sons killed for power...placing immense trust in anyone including a righteous wife was not a sensible thing to do for an emperor. Please don't question me here...I am a woman but I choose pragmatism  over silly romance.

Now coming to Jalal's multitasking skills.  Today's scene from Deewan-e-khass was the one that made me think about it. He looked  clearly  consumed by this fake pregnancy ordeal. The anxiety and stress was evident on his face. But  his performance as team leader in Dewaan -e-khaas while discussing Kabul and Munim Khan was flawless...He did not forget the fact that the role of a general is very important in winning a war. He did not wait to reward this general for his loyalty and success. People who have been administrators will understand this right away.  Timing is important...a good team leader will appreciate and reward good workers as soon as they feel that the worker has done something worthy of a praise. The boss should be the first one to appreciate, not the 125th one.

So we see Jalal taking sensible decisions about two most important things in his life ...simultaneously...his wife and obsession Jodha  and his duty as an emperor( he is known as one of the most ambitious people in history). And in spite of being so stressed out, he appears to be dealing with both in a sensible and almost calm manner.

I have to mention two other incidents here

One when he was mesmerized while looking at Jodha through his bedroom window while talking to Atgah Khan about the maulvi revolt. It seemed that he listened to every word that his vazir said in spite of the fact that he was  admiring his wife( and probably planning his next move)at the same time.  Think of it practically, it is not an easy thing to do it... Not even for a man. Raging hormones and sensible thinking about an unrelated issue usually don't go hand in hand.

The second incident is when he is sitting in dewan-e-khaas while listing to Atgah Khan again, who is updating him on Abu Mali. He looks lost while playing with Jodha's ring. Atgah khan notices that  and asks him  if he is not feeling well . He surprises Atgah Khan  as well as us by repeating his vazir's words. Yes, he was paying attention.

The reason I am mentioning this is because I am impressed with his ability to concentrate on two very serious subjects at the same time ...That too, in a responsible, calm and sensible manner.

Historians have mentioned that Akbar was a very intelligent man. MENSA did not exist in those days but I am sure that they would have loved to interview him.  This is a man who was considered uneducated and could not even read or write. In the 21st century, we know that education plays a very important role in the development of a person's cognitive skills. If you talk to  dementia experts, they will tell how important education is in determining not only a person's cognitive ability but their memory and executive functions as well. People who are highly educated are often able to beat some dementia tests like the mini mental exam' in the early stages of disease. They unknowingly mask their symptoms very well.  This makes me wonder how intelligent Jalal must be. He functions very well in spite of not having any formal education.

Jalal has come a long way as far his multi-tasking shills are concerned. Remember, not too long ago, he was unable to perform two simple tasks of drooling and sword fighting simultaneously. The loser blamed Jodha's beauty for that.

Well, I have to say this about Jalal...'Yeh multitasking ka hunar usme paidaaish se nahi hai...Usne uski baakayeda taaleem haasil ki hai' .

My next post...if it ever happens will hopefully be on Mahamanga. I am forced to admire her for not just her intelligence but a rare quality of a successful politician... no matter what the circumstances are, she never forgets her priorities which include

1.     Jalal's rise and success. Her love for her son Adham does not make her blind to the fact that it is Jalal and only Jalal has the qualities of being a successful emperor.

2.     The importance of her role in Jalal's life while minimizing everybody else's influence... Including Jodha, Hamida and Rukkiya.

Take care and thanks again!

Another superb and well-written post . I really miss this Jalal. I loved him as an Emperor in fort issue in Sukanya's wedding. Just loved the way how he handled it by giving it away , winning it and giving it back to SUKANYA and not to the father-in-law and the parting words to sukanya.

When I was reading post about multi-tasking, I remembered I had to some kind of research in high school, in which I found out that men's corpus callosum's smaller than women's and it was stated that it might be one of the reasons that men cannot multitask as well as women. Although, in recent years, i believe research shows that there are more studies going on to confirm it because they found few things which might be contradictory.

Anyways, back to your post, we need this jalal back in action.
Akanksha_33 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Great post Cleo! 👏
Nicely put.