Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

The Yummy Mummy's of QH: Topic Six 01.07.14 - Pg 82 (Page 83)

nilusoni IF-Sizzlerz
nilusoni
nilusoni

Posted: 01 July 2014 at 9:07am | IP Logged
very nice post
thanx for pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Saima-Syed

ChocoBerry IF-Rockerz
ChocoBerry
ChocoBerry

Posted: 01 July 2014 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
Unres on page 82 Smile
rajsmi Goldie
rajsmi
rajsmi

Posted: 01 July 2014 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
It is hard being a single parent. I totally agree with that. But, you know what is harder? To take that step to be the single parent. Sometimes, it's circumstances that make one a single parent, like a death of a spouse or an incidence like that. I know it is hard for the surviving spouse to deal with everything being the single parent. But, in those cases, they do have the support of their parents or family around who don't blame them for what happened. At least, most of the time.
But, I want to bring light to a person in a difficult relationship. Who wants to break it to be free from all the abuse- be it mental or physical. They choose to stay in the relationship for their children or even if there are no kids, the stigma of leaving is so huge in our society, that they would rather die everyday in it than to live free out of it.

Because- what is the alternative? As you said, Saima- a single parent is never looked on with respect and pride. But, to have left and become a single parent, it must have taken so much courage, so much strength! And, yet, we give them more misery.

The children involved suffer in a broken family- be it within or if it is dissolved. They, sadly  bear the scars all through their life for something they never had a say in. Relationships are so complex. We talk and feel sad for such single parents and talk like we understand and  empathize with them. But, how many of us will encourage such single parents to find love with someone close to us? We always feel that there must have been something that person did wrong. 

I come from a broken family and do bear the scars of it when dealing with my own life as does my sibling, but in spite of that, I find it hard to think of getting my kids(still in their teens) married to people who have come out of a broken relation. They are still young so I hope to change my mind and think more broadly by the time they are older...'Coz they are the stronger ones who have stood tall alone!

Thanks for opening this topic for discussion.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Saima-SyedLinsie

Rarepearl IF-Dazzler
Rarepearl
Rarepearl

Posted: 01 July 2014 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
Hey Dear,

Here I am as I said with my take on this topic, it isn't different from yours though.

What I've witnessed whenever the word 'single parent' is mentioned is a frown & narrowed eyes. People don't take a minute of pondering before passing a judgment on anyone related to this scenario. 

I think belonging to this modern era we should work towards modernizing our thoughts too & that includes accepting people as they are instead of expecting them to lead lives according to some written rules.

I'm not against the institution of marriage, I totally favor it. But according to me if a wedding isn't working, it is better for the two individuals involved to separate paths. The parents can be included in the child's life always, keep in touch with them. This would give a healthy environment to the child to develop mentally & grow in to a good human being. If they are forced to live in with both their parents when the circumstances aren't favorable, it does nothing good to the child, only hampers the mental & emotional growth, which in turn becomes a bad for the society.

Now a days, many girls have kids out of wedlock's & they are happy with it. While some have to face tough, life altering situations which end them in becoming a single parent. Who are we to look down on them or mock them or lecture on the negatives of it? 

I don't think anyone would consider this option unless it is essential. No one would want to take & perform the responsibility single handedly. We should be supportive as much as we can so that they can be a part of this society without a worry. We should also remember to praise them for the efforts they are making to raise their child alone, so that they are motivated further. It ain't an easy task to look after kids alone, be it a man or woman & to raise a good human being is even hard.

So yeah, we should stand with the option that provides safety, peace of mind, love & a healthy atmosphere both for the single parent & their kids.

Love...

Edited by Rarepearl - 01 July 2014 at 2:56pm

Saima-SyedLinsie

Gulaabo IF-Sizzlerz
Gulaabo
Gulaabo

Posted: 07 July 2014 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Divya.S.R

Originally posted by -Crazy4AsYa-

i wanna have a shot of vodka!!! ROFL

n i was small...i wanted to be an actress... Silly

Hahahaaa... Vodka is fine.. you should probably aim for Tequila..ROFL*thinking "I'm not spoiling her.. am I?"*ROFL

tequila...sounds good LOL
is it stronger??

spoiling ?? as if i am not... Wink

stronger when compared to vodka..Wink

have tried it just once and hubby felt it would be better if I was kept away from Tequila..ROFL

ROFL
what's ur name Di?

Good question girl.. ROFLROFL

Lol...i am a genius"!!!

Bina piye yeh haal hai...LOL

Linsie

Gulaabo IF-Sizzlerz
Gulaabo
Gulaabo

Posted: 07 July 2014 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --SH7_Sunny--

Hi Srasthi LOL

Hi shreyanshSmile

Saima-Syed

Gulaabo IF-Sizzlerz
Gulaabo
Gulaabo

Posted: 07 July 2014 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LoveOnlyAsYa

Res will read and come back Wink

Unres, n I know its a very late unres, but you know sis why am late.

Ok now with the topic for the week, i agree with what you have said sis. The concept of single parenthood is definitely increasing. I dont have any personal or rather any examples that I can quote, but do believe that if two people are not able to make their relationship work, it is better for them to move apart rather than let the children see their parents fighting all the time.

We all know that a childs mind and heart can be moulded easily into what we want. If the child sees his/her parents fighting all the time it will only affect them negatively. The only thing a child under such circumstances would learn is negativity and hatered.

Coming back to the topic, society now needs to really open up to this concept. it definitely is going to bring up healthier children (mentally) and will prove beneficial for both the man and the woman in the relationship, i guess mostly woman.

And I dont believe that the childern from broken homes should feel sorry for themselves or rather I dont think anypne should feel sorry for them. the should be considered privilidged to have escapedthe torture of two adults living under the same roof fighting all the time.

Clap I second u choco...

Nothing is coming in my mind on this topic...so i read all the replies here...Embarrassed

Divya.S.RSaima-Syed

Linsie IF-Addictz
Linsie
Linsie

Posted: 09 July 2014 at 7:36am | IP Logged
Chapter 4...

About Dowry... good to know... there is lot of us..against
your are the future...

Saima-Syed

Go to top