Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

The Yummy Mummy's of QH: Topic Six 01.07.14 - Pg 82 (Page 67)

vinita459 Goldie
vinita459
vinita459

Posted: 04 June 2014 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Perfectionist2

Originally posted by vinita459

Originally posted by vinita459

Originally posted by Tamara27

Originally posted by farz_parachute

Sugar free?!!!!

How!

Well if the context is within India... then I guess rich fattening sugary sweets...on a daily basis...one should try doing sugar free diet.

But here! Where ladoo jelebi barfi and the likes are so very scarce...(liar!) one does tend to go a lil overboard with the sweets.

I last ate the above mentioned delicacies...some 2months ago.

And I don't forsee myself having any for at least another few more months... Maybe more.

Other local delicacies cannot come near these.

Old and cranky. Why why why!

I am guessing this is for health related issues...coz you've got me looking up at you for all those life lesson you've so very kindly shared.

Doesn't food form a part of our culture and heritage?

I'm confused between which I love best. Nasi Lemak. Chapati. Tosai (dosa). Mc Donald's. Pizza.

I know I don't like Yong Tow Foo. So I'm not THAT confused.

*I was suppose to be scarce...ooops*

Sugar free - most of the time :)

Mostly part of a diet plan, but one has to live. Life is short and I must must must indulge now and again!

Those sweets are also scarce here - the well made ones anywayLOL

And barfi is my best! I sometimes think I should learn to make it, but then I think " Have you lost your mind, Tamara? Once you know this, you'll be making it every week" so I don't entertain the thought for too long :)

Pizza is also a problem, since I do no carbs too... but what's life without a treat now and then?

(In fact, Farz... I've had quite a weird day... so don't tell anyone that I have a Snickers hidden in my handbag, waiting to be pounced upon once the hubby and monster are asleep - I don't feel like sharing tonight)

Talk about confused... confused is me, darling :) Haha!

</div>

Tamara,
<div>

I will teach you..

One and half year on maternity leave and I cooked those every week.

With Dosa and Idili and wadai on regular breakfast cos MIL stayed with us and likes the authentic traditional breakfast.

She taught me ladoos, jalebis,balushad, barfi, Kaju Katli, ras malai. Then Keema samosa and Kachorris.( I made them better than the ones you get in the shops)

</div>

And then came the weighty issuesLOL

They still remain massivelyCry... You saw the pics of what Iate last night..Tongue

Mars bar is good that way besides I am scared you will faint so please eat dear.

Farz, my worse addiction is Tom Yum and Nasi Goreng!

Really Juliet! Shocked

You know how to make all those sweets ... Can u teach me some Smile

I love eating indian sweets:)

Anytime Vinita,
<div>My MIL is like Culinary Goddess and she still believes road to happiness lies in feeding your man till Cholesterol spikes and Diabetes Attacks.

</div>

MIL and DIL are diabetic BTW but that doesn't stop them.

I love love cooking, Recently I have been sending Tamara pics of my greasy and sugar laden food..Tongue

Latest I learnt was Motichoor Ke Laddu and Made Halem for the first time for my friends. IT turned out superb.

Vinita you should try this guy-http://www.vahrehvah.com. Thischef on youtube. He is super funny and great Hyderabadi chef.

Really you even know now to make moti chur laddu. I wish I can make it :(
I love eating sweets. I only know not how to make peda and gajar halwa.

Give me the recipe for motichur laddu please :)

<div>
I am on lunch break let me get homeLOL

Ha ha ha okay ... No problem Smile
Will wait :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Perfectionist2BeYourselfLinsie

Perfectionist2 IF-Dazzler
Perfectionist2
Perfectionist2

Posted: 04 June 2014 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -StarsLinedUp-

So now the conversation has shifted towards food ehLOL...how did I miss this convo..but then again do I have anything to share here??Shocked...
I love sweets btw...I need to have something sweet everyday..or else I think I will die...I can actually eat chocolates like food..and if ppl around me ate sweets..I would be making cakes and mithaai's all the time...but seems I am the only one with the sweet tooth..Ouch
These days I am addicted to Nutella..I can just eat spoons full of it in one go.. and then there's the peanut butter pretzel cadbury..its to die for..oo also the caramel popcorn cadbury..and cookie dough cadbury..and who can forget India's crackle...Ooo now I need to have some...Glad I got a few from my trip to India...cya...m off for a munch...Tongue

I struggle with tarts n pudding. Creme Brule got torched black once.
Tiramisu I totally do it on week night.
Blame my mum. She raised me a healthy eater.
Her cooking was just horrible except a few culture heritage
Wale choosen few.
So now freedom has made me go food ballistic n gluttony.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-StarsLinedUp-kals82Tamara27farz_parachuteBeYourselfLinsie

BeYourself IF-Sizzlerz
BeYourself
BeYourself

Posted: 04 June 2014 at 11:38pm | IP Logged

So now the conversation has shifted towards food ehLOL...how did I miss this convo..but then again do I have anything to share here??Shocked...
I love sweets btw...I need to have something sweet everyday..or else I think I will die...I can actually eat chocolates like food..and if ppl around me ate sweets..I would be making cakes and mithaai's all the time...but seems I am the only one with the sweet tooth..Ouch
These days I am addicted to Nutella..I can just eat spoons full of it in one go.. and then there's the peanut butter pretzel cadbury..its to die for..oo also the caramel popcorn cadbury..and cookie dough cadbury..and who can forget India's crackle...Ooo now I need to have some...Glad I got a few from my trip to India...cya...m off for a munch...Tongue

Wale choosen few.

nice topic!! Cool

m not boasting, but my mom is superb cook and she cooks all sorts of yummy dishes...Tongue
i love all that.. i love chocolates... yumm...

but...but..but...i forget to eat!!! D'ohROFL

sometimes i eat once in 24 hours  D'ohROFL

Edited by BeYourself - 04 June 2014 at 11:36pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Perfectionist2-StarsLinedUp-farz_parachuteTamara27Linsie

Tamara27 IF-Rockerz
Tamara27
Tamara27

Posted: 04 June 2014 at 11:56pm | IP Logged

Tom Yum. Nasi Goreng!!???

Oh goodness!!!! How do you know these!!

I'd mention it except I didn't wanna show off (much).

Well just a little, maybe. If you EVER get the chance...try Nasi Padprik. I assure you. The best thing ever.

Dosa, Idli, Vadai! Everyday?

And you make all those ladoos, jalebis,balushad, barfi, Kaju Katli,
ras malai!!! (I've never heard of balushad. Or kaju (carrot?) Or katli.)

And Keema samosa and Kachorris. Wow wow wow. These items are most definitely not available for me. Samosas maybe. But not keema and kachorris. Where's your house? Don't worry I'll come alone. And do you have a son? Must be at least 5. Coz I'm 4 3/4. (I like older man. Older. Not old. I don't know why some always confuse the two!)

And. I'll bring chocolates! No hiding. Be mutant and proud!

And please. No Snickers.

Mars all the way. All the way. Snickers. Nope. Not even in the airplane when 'sorry, we don't have mars' is served! I'll have twix then. Yum!

Tamara. Snickers. Don't do this to yourself. You'll feel less horrible when you share. But hell. Twice happiness when not.
;)

Indulge!

Weighty issues. Those are heritage too. How does one maintain a healthy (and happy) body? Happy mind. Hee.

Mummy say walk. No need for other exercise. Keep walking. And it would help if you can help me sweep and mop the floor every now and then... What about you, I'd ask. If I sweep than you'll feel left out. And then there's this look I'll get.

Hehe.

She says I'm messy. Though I maintain I'm clean. Just messy.

*why are you guys enticing me back here. this thread is addictive! hmmm! :)*

Mummy hides her chocolates too. Not that she ever eats them. Or have I been fooled? Is this a collective mother thing to do?

What?? It is!??
Last night I told Tamara, I am not going on this thread.LOL Because then I just stay here forever and what did I achieve all day goes to soad in guilt.

Then bus ride to workEmbarrassed I browsedAngry Why Oh Why!
Now I am here.Ouch And it is addictive... I want to get off IF.
I take an oath everyday to quit IF. But Alas the victim I amTongue

Padprik- will try this weekend. Big smile
I have the best restaurants in my city and chefs who know me personally cos I visit every weekend.LOL
My kids are too little.LOL 2 yes- you can have a playdate... Do bring in the chocolate. Big smile

Sweeping floor! OH MY GOD! that is my mum speaking...
She used to say sweep floor stomach abs exercise. And after I have done she is like you didn't bend properly to clean..
After my marriage bending has reached a whole new meaning and I don't mind it at allWink BUT I AM NEVER SWEEPING THE FLOOR!!
DONT TELL MY MIL- but that is why I got married.Wink 

Juliet is a culinary goddess herself - believe me... I have seen the pics and she's promised to courier some of her chilli paneer to me on of these fine days LOL

About the Snickers, Farz... I didn't have many options and I was desperate for chocolate. I didn't want to find myself in the same position I was in a few nights ago, when I was in the kitchen (lights off, at some ungodly hour), eating Nutella with a teaspoon from the jar!

Weighty issues, we all have... hence the no(t much) sugar and carbs haha (I'm doing so well at that, as you can all see!)

I do tell myself that running after an energetic three year old and lifting all of his 15.5kg is exercise in itself, but really... Let's face it, it's not. 

Especially when I spend most of my time sitting here at the laptop, replying to you yummy ladies :-)

Sweeping... my worst job ever. Hubby does it. Well, I ignore it until his OCD can no longer handle it and then he does it. 

I'm messy too. Clean, but messy (I get this, Farz). 

I'm happy with my disorganised clutter. Chaos is a sign of brilliance (I read that somewhere once and now quote it every time hubby goes into my cupboard for something LOL)

Does washing dishes count as exercise? Because my dishwasher is broken - he apparently has man flu... 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Perfectionist2-StarsLinedUp-farz_parachuteLinsie

-StarsLinedUp- IF-Dazzler
-StarsLinedUp-
-StarsLinedUp-

Posted: 05 June 2014 at 12:04am | IP Logged

Wale choosen few.

I can cook and I quite enjoy cooking and the occasional baking...I started on it..but then the sweet experiments died soon enough...My eaters then were my hubby and my bro..n they are not much of a sweet toothers...so I had to stop...I could only so much of the cakes that I baked...by myself...

These days..its the basic cooking..the keeda..is planning to visit soon...so I am bracing myself..for wen it hits..and I go crazy once again...making home made Pho's and sushi on a weeknight..followed by momos and khandvi's...
Aaah..I cant sleep and now I feel like running into the kitchen and busying myself with some comfort food cooking...alas its 12 am..and I dare not wake up the resdients of my homeLOL

n gal..u should definetly forward me those food pictures...I could always use some inspiration...Aashna is in dire need of some kick in her back to do soemthing..Tongue

Edited by -StarsLinedUp- - 05 June 2014 at 12:04am

Perfectionist2BeYourselfLinsie

-StarsLinedUp- IF-Dazzler
-StarsLinedUp-
-StarsLinedUp-

Posted: 05 June 2014 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tamara27

Tom Yum. Nasi Goreng!!???

Oh goodness!!!! How do you know these!!

I'd mention it except I didn't wanna show off (much).

Well just a little, maybe. If you EVER get the chance...try Nasi Padprik. I assure you. The best thing ever.

Dosa, Idli, Vadai! Everyday?

And you make all those ladoos, jalebis,balushad, barfi, Kaju Katli,
ras malai!!! (I've never heard of balushad. Or kaju (carrot?) Or katli.)

And Keema samosa and Kachorris. Wow wow wow. These items are most definitely not available for me. Samosas maybe. But not keema and kachorris. Where's your house? Don't worry I'll come alone. And do you have a son? Must be at least 5. Coz I'm 4 3/4. (I like older man. Older. Not old. I don't know why some always confuse the two!)

And. I'll bring chocolates! No hiding. Be mutant and proud!

And please. No Snickers.

Mars all the way. All the way. Snickers. Nope. Not even in the airplane when 'sorry, we don't have mars' is served! I'll have twix then. Yum!

Tamara. Snickers. Don't do this to yourself. You'll feel less horrible when you share. But hell. Twice happiness when not.
;)

Indulge!

Weighty issues. Those are heritage too. How does one maintain a healthy (and happy) body? Happy mind. Hee.

Mummy say walk. No need for other exercise. Keep walking. And it would help if you can help me sweep and mop the floor every now and then... What about you, I'd ask. If I sweep than you'll feel left out. And then there's this look I'll get.

Hehe.

She says I'm messy. Though I maintain I'm clean. Just messy.

*why are you guys enticing me back here. this thread is addictive! hmmm! :)*

Mummy hides her chocolates too. Not that she ever eats them. Or have I been fooled? Is this a collective mother thing to do?

What?? It is!??
Last night I told Tamara, I am not going on this thread.LOL Because then I just stay here forever and what did I achieve all day goes to soad in guilt.

Then bus ride to workEmbarrassed I browsedAngry Why Oh Why!
Now I am here.Ouch And it is addictive... I want to get off IF.
I take an oath everyday to quit IF. But Alas the victim I amTongue

Padprik- will try this weekend. Big smile
I have the best restaurants in my city and chefs who know me personally cos I visit every weekend.LOL
My kids are too little.LOL 2 yes- you can have a playdate... Do bring in the chocolate. Big smile

Sweeping floor! OH MY GOD! that is my mum speaking...
She used to say sweep floor stomach abs exercise. And after I have done she is like you didn't bend properly to clean..
After my marriage bending has reached a whole new meaning and I don't mind it at allWink BUT I AM NEVER SWEEPING THE FLOOR!!
DONT TELL MY MIL- but that is why I got married.Wink 

Juliet is a culinary goddess herself - believe me... I have seen the pics and she's promised to courier some of her chilli paneer to me on of these fine days LOL

About the Snickers, Farz... I didn't have many options and I was desperate for chocolate. I didn't want to find myself in the same position I was in a few nights ago, when I was in the kitchen (lights off, at some ungodly hour), eating Nutella with a teaspoon from the jar!

Weighty issues, we all have... hence the no(t much) sugar and carbs haha (I'm doing so well at that, as you can all see!)

I do tell myself that running after an energetic three year old and lifting all of his 15.5kg is exercise in itself, but really... Let's face it, it's not. 

Especially when I spend most of my time sitting here at the laptop, replying to you yummy ladies :-)

Sweeping... my worst job ever. Hubby does it. Well, I ignore it until his OCD can no longer handle it and then he does it. 

I'm messy too. Clean, but messy (I get this, Farz). 

I'm happy with my disorganised clutter. Chaos is a sign of brilliance (I read that somewhere once and now quote it every time hubby goes into my cupboard for something LOL)

Does washing dishes count as exercise? Because my dishwasher is broken - he apparently has man flu... 

Gal we have one thing in common here..the secret affair with nutella..its my guilty pleasure...but u know wat I aint guilty at all...I have a sweet tooth..and thankfully my body so far is being supportive...but soon enough I'll have to stop...
I see some love handles happening...damn my job..sitting for 8 hrs ..n then welcome bed and laptop...lets sit some more...LOL

As for cleaning...I have no option..but to do it all..my bro calls me dishwasher..cos he finds me doing the dishes most nights..LOL

Sweeping and moping..Ouch...I can still manage..but how I hate...dusting..Dead and on top of it..all my furniture is dark..so u can see every dust speck...LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Perfectionist2Linsie

raneeb IF-Stunnerz
raneeb
raneeb

Posted: 05 June 2014 at 12:18am | IP Logged

Originally posted by raneeb

You guys have bamboozled me--am amazed how each generation has to go through the same  trials and tribulations! This holds true for everyone...

I am so glad you have this platform to vent out your frustration so that you can carry on with living. I have learnt that nothing comes easy so teach the children by example the art of Tolerance and Compromise!
I am not going to add anymore coz there are so many similarities in all our lives. Have your priorities right and focus on the positives and life would be that much happier.
Photo
very truly stated...this is the time when effort..is not invested in our own lives..we want everything easy...even when it comes to family and kids..it has to be easy...but what's the fun in that...working hard and seeing the end result is a much sweeter feeling than letting it all go as is..without making an effort...
We all have our set of troubles and issues...and we choose how much to take..and wen to let go...I am still learning that...I am a stubborn soul that beleives in getting what I dreamt of...I wont hurt ppl in the process but heck I am gonna get wat I desire...I have only one life to live..and I aint about to live it according to someone else...
and yes...tolerate...but as for compromise...I'd rather use the word adjust...maybe today u cant do wat u want but make sure u do it tommorow..its just a positive way to live I guess
thanks for some wonderful and thought provoking insight!!Smile

You're right --Adjustment is a better word than Compromise! and I agree with your thinking - do not let go of your dreams and what you desire--ultimately you can achieve it by concentrating on the positives that life has given you.
I see the topic has veered to food! not my favouritest topic--I eat to live unlike my family who LIVE TO EAT! ( My M-I-L did actually tell me this!!!!)!

Perfectionist2-StarsLinedUp-Linsie

Tamara27 IF-Rockerz
Tamara27
Tamara27

Posted: 05 June 2014 at 12:44am | IP Logged

You guys have bamboozled me--am amazed how each generation has to go through the same  trials and tribulations! This holds true for everyone...

I am so glad you have this platform to vent out your frustration so that you can carry on with living. I have learnt that nothing comes easy so teach the children by example the art of Tolerance and Compromise!
I am not going to add anymore coz there are so many similarities in all our lives. Have your priorities right and focus on the positives and life would be that much happier.
Photo
very truly stated...this is the time when effort..is not invested in our own lives..we want everything easy...even when it comes to family and kids..it has to be easy...but what's the fun in that...working hard and seeing the end result is a much sweeter feeling than letting it all go as is..without making an effort...
We all have our set of troubles and issues...and we choose how much to take..and wen to let go...I am still learning that...I am a stubborn soul that beleives in getting what I dreamt of...I wont hurt ppl in the process but heck I am gonna get wat I desire...I have only one life to live..and I aint about to live it according to someone else...
and yes...tolerate...but as for compromise...I'd rather use the word adjust...maybe today u cant do wat u want but make sure u do it tommorow..its just a positive way to live I guess
thanks for some wonderful and thought provoking insight!!Smile

You're right --Adjustment is a better word than Compromise! and I agree with your thinking - do not let go of your dreams and what you desire--ultimately you can achieve it by concentrating on the positives that life has given you.
I see the topic has veered to food! not my favouritest topic--I eat to live unlike my family who LIVE TO EAT! ( My M-I-L did actually tell me this!!!!)!

Hahaha! I am trying this "Eat to live" thing - let's see how it goes. 
Problem is I also love cooking, and sometimes even cook out of boredom. The problem related to that is that my hubby is a health nut who won't eat the stuff I make if it's too "unhealthy" so I have stopped for now :-)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Perfectionist2-StarsLinedUp-farz_parachuteraneebLinsie

Go to top