Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

The Yummy Mummy's of QH: Topic Six 01.07.14 - Pg 82 (Page 56)

ChocoBerry IF-Rockerz
ChocoBerry
ChocoBerry

Posted: 02 June 2014 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Perfectionist2

OH MY GOOD LORD!

This page has a lot of Hindus marriage to Christians.
I know Tamara is also one of us... And by us I mean... Present Mam' LOL

I am a Hindu Bengali Brahmin.
He is a Catholic.

But I have a change in story here. I married Five times unfortunately to the same man. Yeah my love story is just filmy.

Once in a Temple... Told him no Ahem Ahem business till I get my Sath Pera... He didn't want to say celibate for the rest of our married lifeLOL

My laws are adorable lot but they have beliefs. Hubby not so much, he is more spiritual atheist versionConfused. So I married next in a church just to please his mum and I don't regret it. My Man scratched my back so I can at least pretend to use a loofah on his mums... I love my MIL by the way.Big smile Then court marriage, then my parents accepted and they had us married in a Bengali ritual and finally we had to register my marriage overseas so one more documented version.

10 yrs of being with the hot ass and I don't regret one bit. Our fights are never bases on religion.
He comes to the temple with me, did every ritual I ask him to do, I go to church with him.

My kid has been baptized but we also did the anaprashan.

I have a temple at home. But we practice no specific religion. My kid has questions a lot of them and we patiently answer them. But overseas some of the friends follow no religion at all. So now comes another question like Vegetarianism. Goat eats grass and I eat goat so I am vegan.

My hubby has a large group of Uni friends who are Muslims. And my kid is absolutely close to them to a point where we discuss with kids the similarities of every culture and religion. So get the picture, how crazy are kinds are going to be. And btw we also have two Buddhists in our friends circle.

My point is the more we point out, complicate and segregate the more confused the future generations will be. I am in no way going to ever point out this religion is better than the other cos it is not. Same applies to culture and race. Why do you think there are so many issues with racism because a certain person's upbringing is to blame. If only we get past all of these issues of mundane minds, the world would be a much better place.

I will teach my kids the common selflessness and humility that every culture and religions brings along. I will teach her to be independent and drill it in her that she has a choice and her choice will be respected.

Ultimately I will know I have done my self proud as a mum.

Have you seen the movie snakes in a plane or the Survivor, Will you care which God came to save you, which man or woman from which culture, Your eyes will haunt for "The Human" who is going to come to a rescue even if you chant the name of a specific god.

Believe in humanity people. And love that song - heal the world.

Dhanyawad! Aaj ke liya bahut ho gaya...

Hey Juliet I didn't know you were married Shocked. but what a cocoincidence LOL

And agree we should teach our children humility and selflessness as that is what is going to make this world a better place.

You are lucky to have the support of your husband regarding choice of religion... Some aren't as lucky.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459Perfectionist2Divya.S.R-StarsLinedUp-yum_immyBeYourselfraneebLinsie

Perfectionist2 IF-Dazzler
Perfectionist2
Perfectionist2

Posted: 02 June 2014 at 8:08am | IP Logged

Originally posted by farz_parachute

Wow Juliettt.

All I got.

Filmy marriage! 5 times? You serious!?

And hot a$$. Sorry.

Snakes on a plane and Survivor.

I give you Life of Pi (it was on TV earlier). Yes. I want a human being.

A man with the name Richard Parker. Or Rajveer Patel Or Raheem Parwez. Or Wong Jun Kit. (Haha)

You judging me coz they're all guys name...?? Okay fine gimme Alicia, Alia Avantika. And Kang Mei Yee.

Not a tiger.

I want human.

We are race human.

I like you.

Okay now. I need to go eat. My neighbour aunty made Briyani. Diversity? Hah.

You are funny as... but wah yes life of pi says it all...

how did i forget. it was just so apt for this discussion.

a$$ bolne per bhi arse hi rahta hai... yeah whatever... i prefer ass...hehe!

Why should I judge you bcos you said names of men.
you have confusiyed me now... le le are you quoting hinting the next topic...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459-StarsLinedUp-Divya.S.RraneebLinsie

vinita459 Goldie
vinita459
vinita459

Posted: 02 June 2014 at 8:13am | IP Logged

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">OH MY GOOD LORD!</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">This page has a lot of Hindus marriage to Christians.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">I know Tamara is also one of us... And by us I mean... Present Mam' LOL</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">I am a Hindu Bengali Brahmin.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">He is a Catholic.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">But I have a change in story here.I married Five times unfortunately to the same man. Yeah my love story is just filmy.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Once in a Temple... Told him no Ahem Ahem business till I get my Sath Pera... He didn't want to say celibate for the rest of our married lifeLOL</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">My laws are adorable lot but they have beliefs. Hubby not so much, he is more spiritual atheist versionConfused. So I married next in a church just to please his mum and I don't regret it. My Man scratched my back so I can at least pretend to use a loofah on his mums... I love my MIL by the way.Big smileThen court marriage, then my parents accepted and they had us married in a Bengali ritual and finally we had to register my marriage overseas so one more documented version.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">10 yrs of being with the hot ass and I don't regretone bit. Our fights are never bases on religion. </font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">He comes to the temple with me, did every ritual I askhim todo,I go to church with him.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">My kid has been baptized but we also did the anaprashan.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">I have a temple at home. But we practice no specific religion. My kid has questions a lot of them andwe patiently answer them. But overseas some of the friends follow no religion at all. So now comes another question like Vegetarianism. Goat eats grass and I eat goat so I am vegan.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">My hubby has a large group of Uni friends who are Muslims. And my kid is absolutely close to them to a point where we discuss with kids the similarities of every culture and religion. So get the picture, how crazy are kinds are going to be. And btw we also have two Buddhists in our friends circle.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">My point is the more we point out, complicateand segregate the more confused the future generations will be. I am in no waygoing to ever point out this religion is better than the other cos it is not. Same applies to culture and race. Why do you think there are so many issues with racism because a certain person's upbringing is to blame. If only we get past all of these issues of mundane minds, the world would be a much better place.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">I will teach my kids the common selflessness and humility that every culture and religions brings along. I will teach her to be independent and drill it in her that she has a choice and her choice will be respected.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Ultimately I will know I have done my self proud as a mum.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Have you seen the movie snakes in a plane or the Survivor, Will you care which God came to save you, whichman or woman from which culture,Your eyes will hauntfor "The Human" who is going to come to a rescueeven if youchant the name of a specific god.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Believe in humanity people. And love that song - heal the world.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman">Dhanyawad! Aaj ke liya bahut ho gaya...</font>

Hey Juliet,

First I am really shocked to know that you have children Shocked

I am equally surprised to know that we are all in a same situation Smile

But here is the twist: while you can freely practice you own religion and keep a temple at home. I can't. Or I should say, I am not allowed to. If I want to go to temple, I just go sneakingly. My hubby doesn't have any problem but he doesn't want his parents to find out. My MIL lives with us..I can't practice my own religion freely in my own home.

I am sorry but this is a frustrating situation for me. Fine, they don't want our kids to follow but why me? I feel like an idiot. I married the same guy three times too. Court marriage which no one attended it except us. Got marry in a temple where his family didn't come. Got marry in the church which my family didn't attend. Three marriage with the same guy and not even one time I was whole heartedly happy :(

I never thought these things will bother me so much in future. I guess I was too blind in love    LOL

Vinita

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Perfectionist2Divya.S.R-StarsLinedUp-ChocoBerryBeYourselfLinsie

Perfectionist2
Perfectionist2

Posted: 02 June 2014 at 8:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LoveOnlyAsYa

OH MY GOOD LORD!

He is a Catholic.

But I have a change in story here. I married Five times unfortunately to the same man. Yeah my love story is just filmy.

Once in a Temple... Told him no Ahem Ahem business till I get my Sath Pera... He didn't want to say celibate for the rest of our married lifeLOL

My laws are adorable lot but they have beliefs. Hubby not so much, he is more spiritual atheist versionConfused. So I married next in a church just to please his mum and I don't regret it. My Man scratched my back so I can at least pretend to use a loofah on his mums... I love my MIL by the way.Big smile Then court marriage, then my parents accepted and they had us married in a Bengali ritual and finally we had to register my marriage overseas so one more documented version.

10 yrs of being with the hot ass and I don't regret one bit. Our fights are never bases on religion.
He comes to the temple with me, did every ritual I ask him to do, I go to church with him.

I have a temple at home. But we practice no specific religion. My kid has questions a lot of them and we patiently answer them. But overseas some of the friends follow no religion at all. So now comes another question like Vegetarianism. Goat eats grass and I eat goat so I am vegan.

My hubby has a large group of Uni friends who are Muslims. And my kid is absolutely close to them to a point where we discuss with kids the similarities of every culture and religion. So get the picture, how crazy are kinds are going to be. And btw we also have two Buddhists in our friends circle.

My point is the more we point out, complicate and segregate the more confused the future generations will be. I am in no way going to ever point out this religion is better than the other cos it is not. Same applies to culture and race. Why do you think there are so many issues with racism because a certain person's upbringing is to blame. If only we get past all of these issues of mundane minds, the world would be a much better place.

I will teach my kids the common selflessness and humility that every culture and religions brings along. I will teach her to be independent and drill it in her that she has a choice and her choice will be respected.

Have you seen the movie snakes in a plane or the Survivor, Will you care which God came to save you, which man or woman from which culture, Your eyes will haunt for "The Human" who is going to come to a rescue even if you chant the name of a specific god.

And agree we should teach our children humility and selflessness as that is what is going to make this world a better place.

You are lucky to have the support of your husband regarding choice of religion... Some aren't as lucky.

Married meri Berry !!!!
Hitched for a while now... I agree it is not easy...

My MIL tried a lot of things with me. Even now does when she visit us.
But i made things clear and stood by my point... lucky for me we stay in different countries.
So brain wash is limited n my man is extremely supportive because we have a lot of friends who married in different caste n religion.

Sometimes I do give in n compromise . MIL means well and is worried for her family tree and it's values. I can't change her thinking. But i know when i compromised my hubby is over the moon. Very grateful n makes a point to do what ever puja i ask him to do without making that face...oh yes he sulks but that s because he is designated  to as a husband...hehe...

I too have times where i wonder if i married a man of my parents choice... or someone who understood my culture n religion... but then i perhaps might not be happy at all...
It's a miniscule part once you learn to appreciate the other things that you have with  him...

I compromise too. But such is love
I did rather have love instead of a culture or religion...

But i know it's hard.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459Divya.S.R-StarsLinedUp-farz_parachuteChocoBerryBeYourselfraneebLinsie

Perfectionist2
Perfectionist2

Posted: 02 June 2014 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vinita459

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">OH MY GOOD LORD!</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">This page has a lot of Hindus marriage to Christians.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">I know Tamara is also one of us... And by us I mean... Present Mam' LOL</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">I am a Hindu Bengali Brahmin.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">He is a Catholic.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">But I have a change in story here.I married Five times unfortunately to the same man. Yeah my love story is just filmy.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Once in a Temple... Told him no Ahem Ahem business till I get my Sath Pera... He didn't want to say celibate for the rest of our married lifeLOL</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">My laws are adorable lot but they have beliefs. Hubby not so much, he is more spiritual atheist versionConfused. So I married next in a church just to please his mum and I don't regret it. My Man scratched my back so I can at least pretend to use a loofah on his mums... I love my MIL by the way.Big smileThen court marriage, then my parents accepted and they had us married in a Bengali ritual and finally we had to register my marriage overseas so one more documented version.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">10 yrs of being with the hot ass and I don't regretone bit. Our fights are never bases on religion. </font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">He comes to the temple with me, did every ritual I askhim todo,I go to church with him.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">My kid has been baptized but we also did the anaprashan.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">I have a temple at home. But we practice no specific religion. My kid has questions a lot of them andwe patiently answer them. But overseas some of the friends follow no religion at all. So now comes another question like Vegetarianism. Goat eats grass and I eat goat so I am vegan.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">My hubby has a large group of Uni friends who are Muslims. And my kid is absolutely close to them to a point where we discuss with kids the similarities of every culture and religion. So get the picture, how crazy are kinds are going to be. And btw we also have two Buddhists in our friends circle.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">My point is the more we point out, complicateand segregate the more confused the future generations will be. I am in no waygoing to ever point out this religion is better than the other cos it is not. Same applies to culture and race. Why do you think there are so many issues with racism because a certain person's upbringing is to blame. If only we get past all of these issues of mundane minds, the world would be a much better place.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">I will teach my kids the common selflessness and humility that every culture and religions brings along. I will teach her to be independent and drill it in her that she has a choice and her choice will be respected.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Ultimately I will know I have done my self proud as a mum.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Have you seen the movie snakes in a plane or the Survivor, Will you care which God came to save you, whichman or woman from which culture,Your eyes will hauntfor "The Human" who is going to come to a rescueeven if youchant the name of a specific god.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Believe in humanity people. And love that song - heal the world.</font>

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman">Dhanyawad! Aaj ke liya bahut ho gaya...</font>

Hey Juliet,

First I am really shocked to know that you have children Shocked

I am equally surprised to know that we are all in a same situation Smile

But here is the twist: while you can freely practice you own religion and keep a temple at home. I can't. Or I should say, I am not allowed to. If I want to go to temple, I just go sneakingly. My hubby doesn't have any problem but he doesn't want his parents to find out. My MIL lives with us..I can't practice my own religion freely in my own home.

I am sorry but this is a frustrating situation for me. Fine, they don't want our kids to follow but why me? I feel like an idiot. I married the same guy three times too. Court marriage which no one attended it except us. Got marry in a temple where his family didn't come. Got marry in the church which my family didn't attend. Three marriage with the same guy and not even one time I was whole heartedly happy :(

I never thought these things will bother me so much in future. I guess I was too blind in love    LOL

Vinita
Vinita seriously. A big hug darling..

I think it's because your MIL stays. With you.

Oh Mil's are crazy... N i get it why shud we be the ones to give up.

But does hubby know how you feel...

That is sad. You should at least be able to do that in your room.

My MiL also gets coocoo..haha. She once told me we-meaning hubby n I will be in different heavens...hahaha... i was like yeah he can stayver at mine on the weekend if Shiva allows... she got angry...

Just told hubby what is with Christian boys after Hindu girls... he went cos we are the best...N we dont know what hit us till after the marriage... haha...

vinita459Divya.S.RChocoBerryBeYourselfraneebLinsie

BeYourself IF-Sizzlerz
BeYourself
BeYourself

Posted: 02 June 2014 at 8:43am | IP Logged
Once again, another awesome topic to discuss on!!! Thumbs Up

The topic for this week is something that i really can't give my opinion  on...

and the reason is-- i have neither been through this, nor anybody in my family...

in my family, till date, everyone had a love marriage.. in same religion, but different castes though..

but after coming to IF, i have met lots of people of different religions, countries, languages... you can say, i have never seen so much diversity in my real world than what i have seen in this virtual one!!

and i have reached up to only one conclusion-- IT'S ALL ABOUT HUMANITY IN ALL RELIGIONS!!!

those who are facing this will  understand the pros and cons of the situation much better than me coz you all are dealing with it everyday...

but all that i would want to say is...hope that the future generations only know the language of love and Humanity...  I wish they do not let their mentality suffer coz of this.. after all... no religion teaches you to do anything against Humanity Smile

vinita459Perfectionist2yum_immyChocoBerryraneebLinsie

ChocoBerry IF-Rockerz
ChocoBerry
ChocoBerry

Posted: 02 June 2014 at 9:07am | IP Logged

Originally posted by LoveOnlyAsYa

OH MY GOOD LORD!

He is a Catholic.

Married meri Berry !!!!
Hitched for a while now... I agree it is not easy...

My MIL tried a lot of things with me. Even now does when she visit us.
But i made things clear and stood by my point... lucky for me we stay in different countries.
So brain wash is limited n my man is extremely supportive because we have a lot of friends who married in different caste n religion.

Sometimes I do give in n compromise . MIL means well and is worried for her family tree and it's values. I can't change her thinking. But i know when i compromised my hubby is over the moon. Very grateful n makes a point to do what ever puja i ask him to do without making that face...oh yes he sulks but that s because he is designated  to as a husband...hehe...

I too have times where i wonder if i married a man of my parents choice... or someone who understood my culture n religion... but then i perhaps might not be happy at all...
It's a miniscule part once you learn to appreciate the other things that you have with  him...

I compromise too. But such is love
I did rather have love instead of a culture or religion...

But i know it's hard.

Me too Juliet, married for the last 7.5 years and am loving it.

My in-laws stay with me but my in-laws are damn sweet never asked me to convert or not celebrate my festivals. I agree its not like the celebration I had at my mum's but something is better than nothing Smile  
They don't believe in idol worship so the only thing I wasn't allowed was to have a temple at home but am never stopped from going to one.

Though their participation in the celebrations of my festivals is nil but I don't let that bother me anymore, am happy in my little world with hubby and my son Smile? Husband dear and I still argue about little tid bits regarding religion, beliefs etc but we don't let that come between us in a major way.

I think every girl who has a love marriage has this doubt "have I married the correct guy? What would have happened if I had married the guy my parents had selected? Would I have been happier?" etc etc 

We should stop thinking so much and as you said no matter what we do have to compromise a little and if that brings happiness to our man, then why not Big smile. we do get the same in return.

And about it being hard... Who said life is easy LOL

Edited by LoveOnlyAsYa - 02 June 2014 at 9:07am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459Perfectionist2BeYourselfraneebLinsie

-StarsLinedUp- IF-Dazzler
-StarsLinedUp-
-StarsLinedUp-

Posted: 02 June 2014 at 9:14am | IP Logged

Hmm my story...

All my life I lived in a city where different cultures and religions were celebrated...studied in a catholic school had Christian, Muslim,Punjabi, Bengali,Marathi,South Indian friends...hung out at their places and celebrated all that they did...So I never knew such things existed...Rarely or rather never did me and my family or me and my friends discuss topics on religion or culture, cos it was a part of our lives and everything was openly accepted...

Family life also allowed me to be...never was I stopped at anything or told I was a certain way so I couldn't do other things...I wasn't considered inferior cos I was a girl and I wasn't  pulled down to believe in a certain thing...

Me coming from a solid Gujarati Bhramin family...where families have literally run temples all their life...I was the one that didn't even believe in the manmade institution of temples and holy places...I believe in god..and maybe a certain image of god suits my belief but that's where my religious values ened...I wasn't forced to pray as much as my family does...they jus t let me be...

All this changed when I met my guy... Punjabi/sikh/hindu...(he says he belongs to the human religion) He is the polar opposite of me...Culturally, religiously, and also by temperament..

Here I was, a girl getting really suffocated at entering a temple or something in its likes...who ended up with a guy that has to go to the gurudwara, everyday no matter what(if he is in a place with no Guurdwara he will bow down by the church..he's not picky) and a family that belives in so much superstations and norms..

It still amuses me  and at times annoys me..his connect to god  and his families obsession with certain beliefs..  but all I can do is let them be and continue with what I want to do.

Culturally I think...it was never an issue for us...he being a punjabi and me being a gujarati.. instead we are excited..our kids get to learn atleast 4 languages.LOL.

But culture does pose a problem when older generations are thrown into the mix...Cos no matter how much they try..its hard for them to think otherwise...

My side of the family doesn't care...Inlaws at times question...

My ways make them wonder...how can a girl be so outspoken...she needs to be coy..punjabi girls are so family oriented how come..u are so outgoing???   Married Punjabi gals deck up...how come u rarely put on makeup...That's not how we do it...are you sure your way is the right way?? Questions down this line are more than many times thrown at me... It annoys me...especially when cultural differences are discussed in public... But I don't believe I need to let in..or let go...I am just going to be... I don't know what the future of my kids will be...I don't have to worry about cultural issues..cos I want them to be...and pick up wat works for them as individuals

What I do worry about even before I have any kids is the question of their heritage...that being raising a strong rooted...globally educated Indian.. There's always going to be pro's and con's of living outside of India...and yes I can let my kids to decide when they are old enough to decide...but as far as their roots and foundation go..I am a little anal. I cant help but want to raise them back home...that's one thing I am adamant about... So far in almost a decade of living out of India..I still am that homesick...girl that fought not wanting to leave India...and so is my husband who's been here longer...Lets see what happens when the kids come along!!!

Lastly...heritage, culture and beliefs...should be respected and kept in their respective corners..Adjust...dont compromise...compromise only creates regrets!!! Be and  let be...and for all that are affected by ppl other than your partner..sometimes..all we can do is stand up for ourselves...If they seek respect..they need to give respect as well!!

I have been married for over 3 years...and so far..the only issues me and my husband have had was where to live??...religion..beliefs and cultural ways have never come in our...our marriage as a norm was according to the girls side...they let go of their gurudwara marriage for a hindu ceremony...but individually we both went about our respective ceremonies...I wore the chuda..he let his feet washed a million times in 0 degree temperature outdoors!! He's from delhi..I am from Baroda...we married in Jaipur...simple as that...meet halfway!!! Or move away!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459Perfectionist2ChocoBerryBeYourselfGoodGoneWrongraneebLinsie

Go to top