Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

The Yummy Mummy's of QH: Topic Six 01.07.14 - Pg 82 (Page 54)

farz_parachute IF-Rockerz
farz_parachute
farz_parachute

Posted: 01 June 2014 at 4:13pm | IP Logged
Celebrating dual (or multiple in my case) heritage is most definitely the best option...Be proud and mutant. Eh sorry that's for X-Men. I mean be proud and happy of the heritage you carry with you.

Yes.

There is a but.

What about identity crisis. If you have to be just one, which are you? If you have to pick one, which culture? What about friends? Do you lose your identity when you're not friends with like-cultured people? What if there isn't any to be friends with? What if there are, but they've adopted a different lifestyle than yours?

And what if mixing with people with different heritage causes you to lose yours? Maybe lose is too strong a term...but you're no longer familiar to it...

Religion plays an important role yes, but what about identity. Is it one and the same? Can we adopt some aspect of it from one and leave the rest...and adopt some other in the other

And and and. I should sleep.

I love you Mummy dearest! All. All culture and heritage thankfully share some common aspect. Mummy is everything hoga! (sorry Papa)

Heritage. Hmm.

Yes am a victim (a product?) of such crisis (celebration)!

-ConfusedGal

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459Perfectionist2Saima-SyedraneebLinsie

Perfectionist2 IF-Dazzler
Perfectionist2
Perfectionist2

Posted: 01 June 2014 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by farz_parachute

Celebrating dual (or multiple in my case) heritage is most definitely the best option...Be proud and mutant. Eh sorry that's for X-Men. I mean be proud and happy of the heritage you carry with you.

Yes.

There is a but.

What about identity crisis. If you have to be just one, which are you? If you have to pick one, which culture? What about friends? Do you lose your identity when you're not friends with like-cultured people? What if there isn't any to be friends with? What if there are, but they've adopted a different lifestyle than yours?

And what if mixing with people with different heritage causes you to lose yours? Maybe lose is too strong a term...but you're no longer familiar to it...

Religion plays an important role yes, but what about identity. Is it one and the same? Can we adopt some aspect of it from one and leave the rest...and adopt some other in the other

I love you Mummy dearest! All. All culture and heritage thankfully share some common aspect. Mummy is everything hoga! (sorry Papa)

Heritage. Hmm.

-ConfusedGal

Farz.
I love anything n every thing you write. X men- haha!

I am a victim n also a perpetrator ( if that is the word). Lol! But I have never had an ounce of regret for who I am and whom I am forced to become.

I follow spirituality n humanity as my religion. I intend to teach my kids just that. Willingness to adapt n give them a
Regulated indepence to choose from a very young age.

I have not partiscipated in the discussion of this thread due to my lack of time. But hopefully I shall drop in to stir things
Here. Love all the mummies.

Haven't read every comment but this is definitely an interesting thread.

Edited by Perfectionist2 - 01 June 2014 at 4:33pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459rajsmififi1297-StarsLinedUp-ChocoBerryfarz_parachuteSaima-SyedraneebLinsie

farz_parachute IF-Rockerz
farz_parachute
farz_parachute

Posted: 01 June 2014 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Perfectionist2

Originally posted by farz_parachute

Yes.

There is a but.

Heritage. Hmm.

-ConfusedGal

Farz.
I love anything n every thing you write. X men- haha!

I am a victim n also a perpetrator ( if that is the word). Lol! But I have never had an ounce of regret for who I am and whom I am forced to become.

I follow spirituality n humanity as my religion. I intend to teach my kids just that. Willingness to adapt n give them a
Regulated indepence to choose from a very young age.

I have not partiscipated in the discussion of this thread due to my lack of time. But hopefully I shall drop in to stir things
Here. Love all the mummies.

Haven't read every comment but this is definitely an interesting thread.

:)

Hmmm. That does put me a little in perspective.

I know I don't regret my heritage.

Though I have to admit it gets very difficult when even within the family there's richness in culture (remember my multiple heritage? I'm not talking just two here) and you're exposed to one more than the other...yet there's this strange, lingering attachment to the others. Note the plural.

Juliet till next time!

Hugs.

I need to watch TV (another heritage we all share)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Perfectionist2Saima-SyedraneebLinsie

Linsie IF-Addictz
Linsie
Linsie

Posted: 01 June 2014 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
hmm.. i only have one .. in each to follow...

but my surroundings... bring me more ..

interesting topic... waiting to read more comment..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459Saima-Syedraneeb

vinita459 Goldie
vinita459
vinita459

Posted: 01 June 2014 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Heritage is what you inherit. But dual heritage is the fact of having parents from different ethnic or cultural backgrounds.

Dual Heritage Children may find adolescence a more difficult time than their mono racial counterparts due to their feelings that they have been discriminated against because of their race and that in larger society their ethnic group is discriminated against. They may also have problems in developing a strong ethnic identity. Low ethnic identification and perceived discrimination are related to a number of factors including low self esteem, delinquent behaviors, and low academic achievements. Some of these negative effects can be avoided if there is strong parental and family support.

Our children are not necesarily expected to adopt either of our backgrounds unless they want to know, but what is more important is that they have as much knowledge and opportunity as we can give them to find the answers and be part of something if they need to.

Love,

Vinita

ChocoBerrySaima-SyedraneebLinsie

raneeb IF-Stunnerz
raneeb
raneeb

Posted: 01 June 2014 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
Amazing topic which is of great importance in today's global village.There are three aspects to this not two- Heritage, Dual Heritage and Environmental Heritage each one having a great influence on an individual. This topic is of great interest to me personally so I am going to come back to bore you with my thoughts later in the day!
Super Saima and Vinita!

Perfectionist2farz_parachuteSaima-SyedLinsie

nilusoni IF-Sizzlerz
nilusoni
nilusoni

Posted: 02 June 2014 at 12:48am | IP Logged
nice post

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

raneeb

sweet4shehzadi Senior Member
sweet4shehzadi
sweet4shehzadi

Posted: 02 June 2014 at 1:13am | IP Logged
awesome topic di looking forward to read more comment and get know better about it

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

raneeb

Go to top