Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

The Yummy Mummy's of QH: Topic Six 01.07.14 - Pg 82 (Page 53)

kals82 IF-Dazzler
kals82
kals82

Posted: 30 May 2014 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Crazy4AsYa-

Originally posted by kals82

ofcourse the parents should keep a check on it...

as most of them said ... the  plus and minus should be clearly said to them...

having said... i really think even Tv should be monitored...

yday... my 7 year old son.. told me... was shocking..

i asked him will  he join painting class...

he said that is for girls..

then waht is for boys...

he said love... good looking girls... imagine seven year old saying that...

that too who watches only cartoons...
 even hatori.. and doreman.. have a girl lead.. who the boy is trying to impress...

as a parent.. we should somehow find time to spend.. with them.. irrespective of busy  life...

would love to have topic... on how to spend more effective time.. and also curb the TV...

awesome topic...

oh god kalyani...what did u do then??Shocked
i also watch kid's cartoons...doraemon, shinchan and hatori...they surely have a lead and his heroine...even the toon films portray all sort of adult situations...like smooching and passionate hugs...

i just diverted him for time being...

actually we both we out.. for him to learn cycling..

the more time i spend with him... i relaised he is grwoing superfast...

right now the plan is curb as much tv possible..

but in vacation.. no other hang out for them..

but planned to spend most of the time at home.. only with him...

but man.. the time constraint... personal.. tiredness.. and laziness...

but has to do something...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Divya.S.RaseelashahSaima-Syedraneeb

raneeb IF-Stunnerz
raneeb
raneeb

Posted: 30 May 2014 at 3:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Saima-Syed

Originally posted by swapno

The answer is ofcourse...parents need to check.
When I joined here and started to bond with others I was shocked to know that most of them were below 13 years!!!
And I was more shocked when I got to know that many readers read those mature stories were also under-aged. One of them told me that she could not understand the whole process but read them. Because it was there fascination.
It really shook me to the core.
So, I think parents need to check because there is perfect timing for everything. 
Thank you for this wonderful topic...

Yup...that's absolutely right...i too met many underaged kids here...

Yes there a lot of younger people here on the forum that read very mature content. 

My question then is

Knowing this as writers do we not have a greater responsibility in what we write and portray in out stories?

As writers you must be aware the of the audience you are catering to! Having said that I am horrified at some of the fiction being posted -- it is hardcore stuff and more often than not it seems totally lifted. I am amazed how the IF admins allow it. The onus is on the forum admins to monitor not only what is passing off as fiction but the many preteens and teens who are on the  forum! Isn't there an age limit? Ofcourse the youth today know how to bypass all these glitches in there quest for info so the onus is on Parents and Schools to make them aware of the pitfalls. My grandchild just turned 15 added me on Facebook and I was horrified with her updates. Asked the parents to monitor--what does she do?--block me!!!!! How do we stop our youth trying to keep up with their peers? Peer pressure is another ball game. Last night was even more horrifying--around midnight we found her logging on my husbands id on Facetime on the IPod which we had gifted her- unfortunately didnot delete Ranjan's particulars! Her phone was confiscated so she found a way!
There is no way you can put a stop---you as parents need to be aware and keep the communication going so that you can guide them at all stages!

Edited by raneeb - 30 May 2014 at 3:37am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Divya.S.RaseelashahSaima-Syed

Gulaabo IF-Sizzlerz
Gulaabo
Gulaabo

Posted: 30 May 2014 at 10:01am | IP Logged

ofcourse the parents should keep a check on it...

as most of them said ... the plus and minus should be clearly said to them...

having said... i really think even Tv should be monitored...

yday... my 7 year old son.. told me... was shocking..

i asked him will he join painting class...

he said that is for girls..

then waht is for boys...

he said love... good looking girls... imagine seven year old saying that...

that too who watches only cartoons...
even hatori.. and doreman.. have a girl lead.. who the boy is trying to impress...

as a parent.. we should somehow find time to spend.. with them.. irrespective of busy life...

would love to have topic... on how to spend more effective time.. and also curb the TV...

awesome topic...

oh god kalyani...what did u do then??Shocked
i also watch kid's cartoons...doraemon, shinchan and hatori...they surely have a lead and his heroine...even the toon films portray all sort of adult situations...like smooching and passionate hugs...

i just diverted him for time being...

actually we both we out.. for him to learn cycling..

the more time i spend with him... i relaised he is grwoing superfast...

right now the plan is curb as much tv possible..

but in vacation.. no other hang out for them..

but planned to spend most of the time at home.. only with him...

but man.. the time constraint... personal.. tiredness.. and laziness...

but has to do something...

nice move Clap but still u can't keep him outside always...
besides the most disastrous thing is school n their friends... Dead

can u believe that my 4 years old cousin sis wanted to keep the frock we'd bought for her, to wear it on her birthday...so that a boy in her class will appreciate her...as he liked that color Ouch ab main usse kya kahun ??! Confused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kals82raneeb

ziya117 IF-Rockerz
ziya117
ziya117

Posted: 30 May 2014 at 11:21am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ziya117

hii Saima n Vinita... :)
i guess parents should b aware,,... but in most cases they are unaware!! 

in my case, i joined FB since 2006 and my parents didnt know until there had been a prob in the community... was disconnected... i told them i joined bcz of college friends.. 

after i joined back again and they knew bcz i told them the update of many thgs... lol... 

i managed 2 accounts till i closed one and used only one till nw... to make thgs better... i made my mum join fb... add her... :P but she doesnot really a network person!!

ps Saima... hope ur lil baby is fine :))Hug

Hey Ziya, good to hear from you. Hope u have been well.

Face book is banned in my house and family although my sister sneakily has one.

Zainab is doing well MashAllah is at nursery at the moment

Please do continue to join in on discussions here 

Lots of love 

am fine... 
been busy with uni works n exams... now  free... was not that active last month...

Fb @ home is allowed kz my mum is on it.. n she uses it mostly to chat wiz my sister abroad... :)
i use fb on my mobile mostly!! :P
as for IF... i bookmark it ..she enters... but never knew that i have an account on it!! for sure.. i would not be allowed to make one! she enters as a guest!
but for most time am not in front of my pc... tablet n mob r already connected! :P

aww... ur baby already @ nursery! zat a good thing... guess u miss her @ home! WinkWink

sure ..i will join u :) 

Hug

vinita459raneeb

Saima-Syed IF-Sizzlerz
Saima-Syed
Saima-Syed

Posted: 31 May 2014 at 2:54pm | IP Logged

hii Saima n Vinita... :)
i guess parents should b aware,,... but in most cases they are unaware!! 

in my case, i joined FB since 2006 and my parents didnt know until there had been a prob in the community... was disconnected... i told them i joined bcz of college friends.. 

after i joined back again and they knew bcz i told them the update of many thgs... lol... 

i managed 2 accounts till i closed one and used only one till nw... to make thgs better... i made my mum join fb... add her... :P but she doesnot really a network person!!

ps Saima... hope ur lil baby is fine :))Hug

Hey Ziya, good to hear from you. Hope u have been well.

Face book is banned in my house and family although my sister sneakily has one.

Zainab is doing well MashAllah is at nursery at the moment

Please do continue to join in on discussions here 

Lots of love 

am fine... 
been busy with uni works n exams... now  free... was not that active last month...

Fb @ home is allowed kz my mum is on it.. n she uses it mostly to chat wiz my sister abroad... :)
i use fb on my mobile mostly!! :P
as for IF... i bookmark it ..she enters... but never knew that i have an account on it!! for sure.. i would not be allowed to make one! she enters as a guest!
but for most time am not in front of my pc... tablet n mob r already connected! :P

aww... ur baby already @ nursery! zat a good thing... guess u miss her @ home! WinkWink

sure ..i will join u :) 

Hug

Zainab has been going to nursery since she was 7 months...as I had to return to work. She will be starting full time school in September 

Well it's pre school but still full time 

vinita459ziya117

raneeb IF-Stunnerz
raneeb
raneeb

Posted: 31 May 2014 at 11:55pm | IP Logged

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459ziya117ChocoBerrySaima-SyedswapnoLinsie

Saima-Syed IF-Sizzlerz
Saima-Syed
Saima-Syed

Posted: 01 June 2014 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Salaam All

Depending on where in the world you are it's already Monday lol...ok ok I know I am cheating here in London it's just coming up to 11, so technically it's still Sunday. 

Please find below new topic for the week.

Dual Heritage 
This topic doesn't just apply to those living outside the South East Asian Countries.

Today we live in a world that has become a lot smaller due to globalisation. Influences from around the world play a big part in the redefining of who we are or who we want to be.

National and international media and the world of cyber space has started to fade away a lot of cultural and religious differences for many people.

For those who are born and brought up in the west are born with more than one identity, are born with more than one heritage.

I am a British born Muslim whose parents are from Pakistan. I am British and also a Pakistani, I have lived and adopted the two cultures and maintained my religious practices.

But how many of us lose themselves in trying to define who they really are, how many young people get caught up in different cultures and ways of life.

I am not saying being of dual heritage is a bad thing, no. I think it's brilliant that one can relate to two different worlds, two different cultures and ideologies.

But for some it becomes a burden, as a Muslim I can only give examples that relate to me and my upbringing.

As a Muslim you are forbidden alcohol, pre marital relationships of any kind and wearing clothes that reveal your figure or show off your body. But living in a country like Britain or the USA you live with such practices because they are the norm, they are not wrong. How does one fight the norm, or do they adopt it? Do you have to compromise one over the other?

First generation parents instilled and reinforced culture and religion, but as time moves on new generations parents have started to become more relaxed. For some families the only difference between you and the person next door is the colour of your skin.

I personally think and believe that if you are of dual heritage then it is something to celebrate, if you live in a country that has started to move with the times and started to progress with positive influences then that too is something to celebrate.

Globalisation does equal liberation but not always, it does depend on your family and fundamentally your beliefs and ideologies. 

This topic is broad, and it really is just to see how people who are Asian who are born in the west or have lived there cope/deal with living with more than one culture one identity. And for those who still live in India, Pakistan or Bangladesh how easy is it to adopt a new way of life, one that is more modern, more liberal, more advanced. 

My Question is:

How much does having a dual heritage affect ones identity, self-definition and ones understanding of ethnicities and cultures within a diverse World?

Please respect the views of people who participate in this discussion
Please refer to a Rules on Page 1.

Edited by Saima-Syed - 01 June 2014 at 3:47pm

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459Divya.S.Rkals82-StarsLinedUp-yum_immyanopamajazsidhuChocoBerryziya117asifiqbalshswapnonilusoniraneebLinsie--SH7_Sunny--

farz_parachute IF-Rockerz
farz_parachute
farz_parachute

Posted: 01 June 2014 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
I should know!

I have multiple identity. Or just one?

Hmm!

Amazing topic sis!

Read the part in bold. Am gonna read it in full!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459raneebLinsie

Go to top