Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

The Yummy Mummy's of QH: Topic Six 01.07.14 - Pg 82 (Page 50)

rajnid68 IF-Sizzlerz
rajnid68
rajnid68

Posted: 26 May 2014 at 5:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vinita459

Originally posted by rajnid68

Rivs..u said it all...and fully agree with u..
yep..as sincere parents we need to keep an eye open as to what sites our kids are visiting..our kids might think that we are meddling and invading their space. but we are here to see that they don't burn their fingers .they think that they are a mature a lot..and yes we trust them..but that niggling feeling of something untoward happening...puts us parents on high alert.
now a days kids would rather discuss with their friends or surf the net for the information.. but certain topics need to be discussed with parents for the right information...
with so many serials on air how web has led a wrong being done...kids still feel that instead of listening to parents and keeping them in the loop of their where about and friends...they are mature enough to handle the world...
its different inside the four walls of the house...but outside its a different world altogether..

I absolutely agree with you a Rajni. Kids might think that we are interfering in their lives but as parents it's our responsibility to teach them the ways of life.

I can totally understand from their POV too and why they rather discuss their problems with friends and not their parents. When I was at their I did the same thing.

But now as a parent, I want to build a stronger and friendlier relationship with my kids. I do not want them to be afraid to share anything with me. I keep telling them if they are in some problem ... Mamma will help them solve it Smile
i had a strong base due to my mum..
and am trying to lay the same foundation for my daughters...
anything under the sun...been frank to explain to them...
now the topic floating around is rape and contraceptives...
and girl do i have to do my homework...
as i dont want to be caught offguard...
and the best part is...during these discussions hubby is red faced..but now opening up slowly..
no choice as it is 3 to 1...ha ha ha 
  what a topic...Hug Hug..for u S and  V

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459Divya.S.RGoodGoneWrongGitaIyerSaima-SyedraneebLinsie

GitaIyer IF-Sizzlerz
GitaIyer
GitaIyer

Posted: 26 May 2014 at 5:47am | IP Logged
Thats' a very relevant topic for discussion, Vinita and Saima.
Internet is a boon as well as bane. Fully agree that as parents, it is our responsibility to ensure that we are aware of what kids view. Completely restricting is also not an option. 

Using parental controls and other filter conditions will help only so much. With kids as young as 8 and 9 creating programs, am sure these controls can be easily overpowered. Personal supervision and open communication is the need of the hour.
Supervision, which should not sound and feel like supervision. 
Communication which should be two-way.
In case of smaller kids, its best to engage them in outside play and sports. Even if a kid doesn't study everyday, its fine. But make sure that kids do play everyday with their friends. Not inside the home, but outside in the playground or garden. 

In case of bigger kids, I guess being their friend. A lil bit of letting go, a lil bit of being strict. 
And most importantly setting an example as parents. We ourselves have to reduce the phone and computer surfing and online chatting. 

vinita459GoodGoneWrongrajnid68BeYourselfSaima-SyedraneebLinsie

fifi1297 IF-Dazzler
fifi1297
fifi1297

Posted: 26 May 2014 at 6:04am | IP Logged
I totally agree with you...I m a teenager...nd I use internet for information under my mama's supervision...she gave us permission to use internet...but she has also taught us merits nd demerits of using social networking...
she understand me vry well...wen evr I have a problem my mama z thr to solve for me...she z a friend to me who understands me nd make me understand...
She always knw wat I do on internet...
I knw we children feel bad wen dey tell smethng not to do...but if we children just think for 1min dat watevr dey said it was for our benefit...
We children say dat v knw evrythng but the fact is we knw evrythng inside the four walls of home...not the world...my mama always say wen u will entr professional life u will knw how is this world...
Evry child need a supervision of parents..nd I will say I m nothing without my parents...I dnt knw anythng if my parents dnt tell...
This world z dark with many wrong paths nd parents especially moms are the light who tells us nd make u follow right path...

Thanks vinita api and saima api for bringing dis topic...

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459rajsmiyum_immyfarz_parachuterajnid68GoodGoneWrongSaima-SyedraneebLinsie

yum_immy IF-Dazzler
yum_immy
yum_immy

Posted: 26 May 2014 at 8:13am | IP Logged
I agree with u all... My parents always said to me and my sibilings that if we are not allowing u guyz to do something it means tht its for ur own benefit and we dont argue bcuz we know tht they are not wrong...
My parents are really strict in this mater and they even checks histories of our cell phones and laptops every week...
They knows what we are doing and when we are doing... But we dont mind bcuz its for our own benefit and they are slowly starting to trust us and its our responsibility to keep tht trust and not to break it...
I think ever child should have the supervision of parents.:-):-).

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459Saima-Syedrajnid68raneebLinsie

Saima-Syed IF-Sizzlerz
Saima-Syed
Saima-Syed

Posted: 26 May 2014 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Thank you so much for joining in this discussion, it is so good to hear the views of parents and young ones alike. 

What is so good that you have shared you personal experiences, which goes to show how real and serious the issues related to social networking are.

As parent we can only educate our children and trust them to do the right thing as anything else in life.

My advice to our young girls is to be responsible, if there is an age limit for something it is for good reason. You are responsible for your own safety too. Never expose yourself and never let your guard down.

There always needs to be a balance in everything we do, it is good to open up the gates of free communication with your children, befriend them in a manner where they are able to come forward and discuss anything they wish to but it is also important to main the authoritative line that says I am still your parent and you are still my child.

I don't think anyone is truly ignorant of the dangers that loom but it's always a matter of 'it won't happen to me' attitude that sometimes causes problems. The reality is that anything can happen and will happen if you do not safeguard yourself. 

It would be unfair to say that everyone sitting on the other side of cyber space is a bad person, no. There are many many good people in the world who connect and come together through the virtual world, you as a responsible young person or adult just have to be a good judge of character.

As someone who works with vulnerable and often troubled children and young people the one thing I would say to parents other than to educate your children is to be vigilant. Changes in behaviour may seem minor and you may blame the stroppy teenage hormones but there is always a reason, no matter how small. Reach out to your children and families and ensure that you are always one step ahead.

vinita459rajsmiyum_immyfarz_parachuterajnid68raneebLinsie

asifiqbalsh IF-Sizzlerz
asifiqbalsh
asifiqbalsh

Posted: 26 May 2014 at 8:46am | IP Logged
Thanks sis saima to make such a good platform where we can talk what happened in day to day life. I agreed with u as a parents, we should take care of all these stuff. I myself not married yet but a elder brother to my siblings. I always kept an eye on them even sometime that irritates them but they never tell me. I turned on parental control on my all devices, even my uncle home devices as well as he doesn't know how to control it. He said me once & I protected it with password. But sometimes I felt that it is not enough as so many options available especially social network website where you used fake age & your id created.
The only thing as a parents, we can do is to teach our kids what is good for them & what is not. As we are not with them everytime, they should know that if they did something wrong, they will hurt their parents. That feeling stop them to doing wrong.
Thanks once again
Regards
Asif

vinita459Saima-Syedrajnid68raneebLinsie

Saima-Syed IF-Sizzlerz
Saima-Syed
Saima-Syed

Posted: 26 May 2014 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by asifiqbalsh

Thanks sis saima to make such a good platform where we can talk what happened in day to day life. I agreed with u as a parents, we should take care of all these stuff. I myself not married yet but a elder brother to my siblings. I always kept an eye on them even sometime that irritates them but they never tell me. I turned on parental control on my all devices, even my uncle home devices as well as he doesn't know how to control it. He said me once & I protected it with password. But sometimes I felt that it is not enough as so many options available especially social network website where you used fake age & your id created.
The only thing as a parents, we can do is to teach our kids what is good for them & what is not. As we are not with them everytime, they should know that if they did something wrong, they will hurt their parents. That feeling stop them to doing wrong.
Thanks once again
Regards
Asif

Hey Asif

Hope you are well, thank you for joining in. It's good to get a male perceptive on this too.

I agree that parental control on devices may not be enough, but at least it is a start.

With the world just a few clocks away it will always be difficult.

They may get irritated but in the long run it's for their own good something they will grow to realise

Best wishes 

vinita459rajnid68asifiqbalshraneebLinsie

Linsie IF-Addictz
Linsie
Linsie

Posted: 26 May 2014 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Answer - Agree and must be done...

i personally witness it my young cousin .. using it
and i'm not sure parents aware off it...
and i did not like what i saw...

Must have parents control on this issue
to bring awareness...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459Saima-Syedrajnid68raneeb

Go to top