Qubool Hai

India-Forums

   
Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

The Yummy Mummy's of QH: Topic Six 01.07.14 - Pg 82 (Page 50)

rajsmi Goldie
rajsmi
rajsmi

Joined: 19 June 2013
Posts: 1225

Posted: 26 May 2014 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Every generation has it's trying moments with teens and the bad bad world out there but we cannot micro manage our kids, esp when they are in the teenage years. I believe in teaching the right way, showing them the value of material things and making them understand the risks involved in all that they do or attempt in life.
Communication is the key in dealing with kids and letting them trust that you are there for them and should be the first one they run to for answers and solutions. They will take steps and do things that we, as adults may not always agree or like, but letting them walk their journey is the only way. Holding their hand and spoon feeding them or dealing with an iron hand will only ruin their character and not let them grow as they should.

They will make mistakes, stumble and fall sometimes. But, letting them know that it is okay to fall, it is fine to fail, it is normal to not succeed at times is the only way a child will learn to think, act and grow stronger and build character and work hard at what they want to achieve in life.

The internet and social networking sites are unavoidable tools ina kids life these days. Restricting it completely or hovering over them to see what they are doing will only drive them the other way and will hide everything from you, as an adult. Besides, not being a part of something their friends and peers are will begin to affect their self esteem and hurt them in the long run. A healthy relationship with the trend is needed but very often, that can only be achieved with a healthy environment with the adults in a teen or tweens life.

This is my opinion and I live this daily with my 19 year old and 16 year old. I still have my 19 year old conversing with me about almost everything and he asks me for advice when he has friends who need help and are on the brink of ruin. This happened once and I was proud to know that he could ask me for advice and help his friend who eventually came out of it fine! This does not mean we don't have issues. Every once in a while, there is something to rock our boat but isnt that what life is? Why should it be different with a child? Let him or her also learn a few life lessons growing up, right?


The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459farz_parachuteSaima-Syedraneeb

raneeb IF-Stunnerz
raneeb
raneeb

Joined: 02 July 2012
Posts: 26002

Posted: 27 May 2014 at 8:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rajsmi

Every generation has it's trying moments with teens and the bad bad world out there but we cannot micro manage our kids, esp when they are in the teenage years. I believe in teaching the right way, showing them the value of material things and making them understand the risks involved in all that they do or attempt in life.
Communication is the key in dealing with kids and letting them trust that you are there for them and should be the first one they run to for answers and solutions. They will take steps and do things that we, as adults may not always agree or like, but letting them walk their journey is the only way. Holding their hand and spoon feeding them or dealing with an iron hand will only ruin their character and not let them grow as they should.

They will make mistakes, stumble and fall sometimes. But, letting them know that it is okay to fall, it is fine to fail, it is normal to not succeed at times is the only way a child will learn to think, act and grow stronger and build character and work hard at what they want to achieve in life.

The internet and social networking sites are unavoidable tools ina kids life these days. Restricting it completely or hovering over them to see what they are doing will only drive them the other way and will hide everything from you, as an adult. Besides, not being a part of something their friends and peers are will begin to affect their self esteem and hurt them in the long run. A healthy relationship with the trend is needed but very often, that can only be achieved with a healthy environment with the adults in a teen or tweens life.

This is my opinion and I live this daily with my 19 year old and 16 year old. I still have my 19 year old conversing with me about almost everything and he asks me for advice when he has friends who need help and are on the brink of ruin. This happened once and I was proud to know that he could ask me for advice and help his friend who eventually came out of it fine! This does not mean we don't have issues. Every once in a while, there is something to rock our boat but isnt that what life is? Why should it be different with a child? Let him or her also learn a few life lessons growing up, right?




Rajsmi--agree totally with everything you have written...life is tough and unless we as Parents do not encourage our children to flower at the same time giving them the option to run back to their cozy nest and be accepted without being judgmental - how can they ever progress!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459rajsmiSaima-Syed

raneeb IF-Stunnerz
raneeb
raneeb

Joined: 02 July 2012
Posts: 26002

Posted: 27 May 2014 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Just saw this on my timeline -so apt for our topic...

Quote:
As parents, we sometimes go too far trying to help and protect our kids from life's harsh realities and disappointments. We don't want our kids to struggle like we did.
But Harvard psychiatrist Dr. Dan Kindlon says that overprotected children are more likely to struggle in relationships and with challenges.
We're sending our kids the message that they're not capable of helping themselves.
To quote clinical psychologist Dr. Wendy Mogel:
"It is our job to prepare our children for the road, not prepare the road for our children."

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459rajsmiSaima-Syed

Saima-Syed IF-Sizzlerz
Saima-Syed
Saima-Syed

Joined: 05 November 2012
Posts: 17911

Posted: 27 May 2014 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raneeb

Just saw this on my timeline -so apt for our topic...

Quote:
As parents, we sometimes go too far trying to help and protect our kids from life's harsh realities and disappointments. We don't want our kids to struggle like we did.
But Harvard psychiatrist Dr. Dan Kindlon says that overprotected children are more likely to struggle in relationships and with challenges.
We're sending our kids the message that they're not capable of helping themselves.
To quote clinical psychologist Dr. Wendy Mogel:
"It is our job to prepare our children for the road, not prepare the road for our children."

Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vinita459

anopama IF-Rockerz
anopama
anopama

Joined: 27 September 2013
Posts: 6941

Posted: 27 May 2014 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
Absolutely 
Parents should monitor there kids 
As big as my kids r I still go on their pages and check on what they r upto 
I have such a relation with my kids that they have sent me friends request 
So don't matter how old or how young I still keep an eye on them 
13 yrs old is the age I allow my boys to join any social network

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sweet4shehzadiSaima-Syedraneeb

ziya117 IF-Rockerz
ziya117
ziya117

Joined: 26 April 2012
Posts: 9375

Posted: 28 May 2014 at 11:29am | IP Logged
hii Saima n Vinita... :)
i guess parents should b aware,,... but in most cases they are unaware!! 

in my case, i joined FB since 2006 and my parents didnt know until there had been a prob in the community... was disconnected... i told them i joined bcz of college friends.. 

after i joined back again and they knew bcz i told them the update of many thgs... lol... 

i managed 2 accounts till i closed one and used only one till nw... to make thgs better... i made my mum join fb... add her... :P but she doesnot really a network person!!


ps Saima... hope ur lil baby is fine :))Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Saima-Syed

Saima-Syed IF-Sizzlerz
Saima-Syed
Saima-Syed

Joined: 05 November 2012
Posts: 17911

Posted: 29 May 2014 at 10:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ziya117

hii Saima n Vinita... :)
i guess parents should b aware,,... but in most cases they are unaware!! 

in my case, i joined FB since 2006 and my parents didnt know until there had been a prob in the community... was disconnected... i told them i joined bcz of college friends.. 

after i joined back again and they knew bcz i told them the update of many thgs... lol... 

i managed 2 accounts till i closed one and used only one till nw... to make thgs better... i made my mum join fb... add her... :P but she doesnot really a network person!!


ps Saima... hope ur lil baby is fine :))Hug


Hey Ziya, good to hear from you. Hope u have been well.

Face book is banned in my house and family although my sister sneakily has one.

Zainab is doing well MashAllah is at nursery at the moment

Please do continue to join in on discussions here 

Lots of love 
Gulaabo IF-Sizzlerz
Gulaabo
Gulaabo

Joined: 18 June 2011
Posts: 14753

Posted: 30 May 2014 at 12:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by swapno

The answer is ofcourse...parents need to check.
When I joined here and started to bond with others I was shocked to know that most of them were below 13 years!!!
And I was more shocked when I got to know that many readers read those mature stories were also under-aged. One of them told me that she could not understand the whole process but read them. Because it was there fascination.
It really shook me to the core.
So, I think parents need to check because there is perfect timing for everything. 
Thank you for this wonderful topic...


Yup...that's absolutely right...i too met many underaged kids here...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Saima-Syed

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
OS topic

2 3 4 5 6 7

Author: Niyati_T   Replies: 49   Views: 3414

Niyati_T 49 3414 29 May 2014 at 11:31pm by Niyati_T
off topic)What is Your Mother Tongue

2 3 4

Author: Aniha   Replies: 26   Views: 3866

Aniha 26 3866 24 May 2014 at 3:01am by shanu22
Please close this topic

Author: honeyriaz   Replies: 0   Views: 403

honeyriaz 0 403 18 April 2014 at 2:32pm by honeyriaz
Why no topic on today's episode

Author: sri7   Replies: 2   Views: 590

sri7 2 590 26 March 2014 at 5:35pm by lovetvs
Please Close Topic!

Author: SprinklesOfLove   Replies: 3   Views: 1140

SprinklesOfLove 3 1140 18 March 2014 at 1:59am by riddhi1206

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Qubool Hai Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index