🤣
what's ur name Di?

Good question girl.. ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£
Posted: 9 years ago
In the bar car iske syaape hain hazaar 
Johnny Johnny 

Single Parent & Proud

In a culture where marriage and co-parenting are still considered the norm, single parents face quite a bit of inaccurate, stinging stigma about their choices and lifestyle. The reality is that the percentage of single-parent households in on the increase

Being a single parent, whether male or female, is difficult to endure. Trying to serve as both mother and father to a child or multiple children is a challenge in itself. It is sad that there is even a stigma attached to this predicament. Instead of looking at single parents as the heroes that they are, society chooses to feel sorry for the children of broken relationships, thinking that they are disadvantaged and not taking into account that perhaps these children are better off with a single parent who is fully capable of being the only parent the child needs.

Some people think that it is a single parent's own fault for being in the situation that he or she is in. Either that or they feel sorry for that same situation. People assume that a single parent is constantly on the prowl, looking for a suitable mate and a new role model for their children. However, some people prefer to be single, and their children are just as well-adjusted as children raised with two parents. The product of a person's parenting depends on the time and effort one puts into raising their children. It isn't easy being a parent, no matter if you are single or have a partner.

Single parents face the stigma of not conforming to the traditional family unit. However, society has progressed to the point where it is more accepting of single parents. In fact, many people tend to lend a helping hand to single mothers in need. Raising children alone while working a full-time job, perhaps two, is nearly impossible without some sort of help.

There are also so-called single parents' who are dually involved in their children's lives. Divorced, unmarried or separated couples are technically single' although they may both be involved in their child's life. People tend to unfairly judge these people as failures in their relationships. The most important things that children need from either parent is love, guidance, and support and this does not require both parents to be in a relationship together.

Every family is different and there is no instruction manual to raising a child. Healthy, happy children come from all walks of life, no matter the relationship status of their parent(s).

Co-parenting is no longer the only way parenting is done, and the damaging stigma attached to single parents should be on its way out

Resource Used - www.lifepaths360.com

Edited by Saima-Syed - 9 years ago
 Res will read and come back ðŸ˜‰

Unres, n I know its a very late unres, but you know sis why am late.

Ok now with the topic for the week, i agree with what you have said sis. The concept of single parenthood is definitely increasing. I dont have any personal or rather any examples that I can quote, but do believe that if two people are not able to make their relationship work, it is better for them to move apart rather than let the children see their parents fighting all the time.

We all know that a childs mind and heart can be moulded easily into what we want. If the child sees his/her parents fighting all the time it will only affect them negatively. The only thing a child under such circumstances would learn is negativity and hatered.

Coming back to the topic, society now needs to really open up to this concept. it definitely is going to bring up healthier children (mentally) and will prove beneficial for both the man and the woman in the relationship, i guess mostly woman.

And I dont believe that the childern from broken homes should feel sorry for themselves or rather I dont think anypne should feel sorry for them. the should be considered privilidged to have escapedthe torture of two adults living under the same roof fighting all the time.
Edited by LoveOnlyAsYa - 9 years ago
hey, Sima I won't completly agree with u about feeling sorry for all of those who ve single or don't ve a parents.

Its ok to feel sorry for those who ve single parent & whiz parent aren't alive.
But why do u,I or anyone needs to feel sorry for those whoz own parent don't feel sorry to abandon them for their selfish reason.

well I am not comfortable to tell my name but I 'll tell u my story(those who knew my name plz keep it a secret)

"I m 19yr old boy, doing BBA.
Both my mom&dad r character less person & I don't feel any guilt or shame saying so, infact I ll say it in their face, if they ever came face to face.

my mom&dad did a love marrige.
When I was 6, dad left me&mom for another woman & after few month mom also left me for another man

if my grand parents hadn't keep their hands on my head I could ve become orphan."

I've told u my story to u so that u won't feel sorry for those whoz parent ve abandon them,insteed of feeling sorry u ll give them strength&confidense which might help them to move on accepting the beeter truth.
Originally posted by imcooldude

hey, Sima I won't completly agree with u about feeling sorry for all of those who ve single or don't ve a parents.

Its ok to feel sorry for those who ve single parent & whiz parent aren't alive.
But why do u,I or anyone needs to feel sorry for those whoz own parent don't feel sorry to abandon them for their selfish reason.

well I am not comfortable to tell my name but I 'll tell u my story(those who knew my name plz keep it a secret)

"I m 19yr old boy, doing BBA.
Both my mom&dad r character less person & I don't feel any guilt or shame saying so, infact I ll say it in their face, if they ever came face to face.

my mom&dad did a love marrige.
When I was 6, dad left me&mom for another woman & after few month mom also left me for another man

if my grand parents hadn't keep their hands on my head I could ve become orphan."

I've told u my story to u so that u won't feel sorry for those whoz parent ve abandon them,insteed of feeling sorry u ll give them strength&confidense which might help them to move on accepting the beeter truth.

Hey

Thank you for sharing something so personal. It must have been hard. but i applaud your courage.

i think i was coming more from a parents point of view, or even as a mother.

for what ever reason parents seperate or if girls chose to have children out of wedlock then it must be hard not only for the child but the parent too.

the point i was trying to make and maybe it didnt come across as such is that there should be no stigma attached. single parenthood is a reality and should notbe frowned on by anyone.

the effects that are left on a child are not always aparent but that doesnt mean to say that the single parent should be looked on as a failure, which sometimes they are.

in my line of work the minutre someone says 'oh she is a single mum' you have people automatically pre judging them, which is not fair.

in your case you lost the support of both your parents but luckily had your grandparents to stand by your side. I pray that Allah blesss you with every success and happiness in the years to come
Edited by Saima-Syed - 9 years ago
very nice post
thanx for pm
It is hard being a single parent. I totally agree with that. But, you know what is harder? To take that step to be the single parent. Sometimes, it's circumstances that make one a single parent, like a death of a spouse or an incidence like that. I know it is hard for the surviving spouse to deal with everything being the single parent. But, in those cases, they do have the support of their parents or family around who don't blame them for what happened. At least, most of the time.
But, I want to bring light to a person in a difficult relationship. Who wants to break it to be free from all the abuse- be it mental or physical. They choose to stay in the relationship for their children or even if there are no kids, the stigma of leaving is so huge in our society, that they would rather die everyday in it than to live free out of it.

Because- what is the alternative? As you said, Saima- a single parent is never looked on with respect and pride. But, to have left and become a single parent, it must have taken so much courage, so much strength! And, yet, we give them more misery.

The children involved suffer in a broken family- be it within or if it is dissolved. They, sadly  bear the scars all through their life for something they never had a say in. Relationships are so complex. We talk and feel sad for such single parents and talk like we understand and  empathize with them. But, how many of us will encourage such single parents to find love with someone close to us? We always feel that there must have been something that person did wrong. 

I come from a broken family and do bear the scars of it when dealing with my own life as does my sibling, but in spite of that, I find it hard to think of getting my kids(still in their teens) married to people who have come out of a broken relation. They are still young so I hope to change my mind and think more broadly by the time they are older...'Coz they are the stronger ones who have stood tall alone!

Thanks for opening this topic for discussion.
Hey Dear,

Here I am as I said with my take on this topic, it isn't different from yours though.

What I've witnessed whenever the word 'single parent' is mentioned is a frown & narrowed eyes. People don't take a minute of pondering before passing a judgment on anyone related to this scenario. 

I think belonging to this modern era we should work towards modernizing our thoughts too & that includes accepting people as they are instead of expecting them to lead lives according to some written rules.

I'm not against the institution of marriage, I totally favor it. But according to me if a wedding isn't working, it is better for the two individuals involved to separate paths. The parents can be included in the child's life always, keep in touch with them. This would give a healthy environment to the child to develop mentally & grow in to a good human being. If they are forced to live in with both their parents when the circumstances aren't favorable, it does nothing good to the child, only hampers the mental & emotional growth, which in turn becomes a bad for the society.

Now a days, many girls have kids out of wedlock's & they are happy with it. While some have to face tough, life altering situations which end them in becoming a single parent. Who are we to look down on them or mock them or lecture on the negatives of it? 

I don't think anyone would consider this option unless it is essential. No one would want to take & perform the responsibility single handedly. We should be supportive as much as we can so that they can be a part of this society without a worry. We should also remember to praise them for the efforts they are making to raise their child alone, so that they are motivated further. It ain't an easy task to look after kids alone, be it a man or woman & to raise a good human being is even hard.

So yeah, we should stand with the option that provides safety, peace of mind, love & a healthy atmosphere both for the single parent & their kids.

Love...
Edited by Rarepearl - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Divya.S.R

Good question girl.. ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£

Lol...i am a genius"!!!

Bina piye yeh haal hai...😆