Posted: 9 years ago
I am on lunch break let me get homeπŸ˜†

Ha ha ha okay ... No problem 😊
Will wait :)
Perfectionist2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -StarsLinedUp-

So now the conversation has shifted towards food ehπŸ˜†...how did I miss this convo..but then again do I have anything to share here??😲...

I love sweets btw...I need to have something sweet everyday..or else I think I will die...I can actually eat chocolates like food..and if ppl around me ate sweets..I would be making cakes and mithaai's all the time...but seems I am the only one with the sweet tooth..
These days I am addicted to Nutella..I can just eat spoons full of it in one go.. and then there's the peanut butter pretzel cadbury..its to die for..oo also the caramel popcorn cadbury..and cookie dough cadbury..and who can forget India's crackle...Ooo now I need to have some...Glad I got a few from my trip to India...cya...m off for a munch...πŸ˜›

I struggle with tarts n pudding. Creme Brule got torched black once.
Tiramisu I totally do it on week night.
Blame my mum. She raised me a healthy eater.
Her cooking was just horrible except a few culture heritage
Wale choosen few.
So now freedom has made me go food ballistic n gluttony.
BeYourself thumbnail

Originally posted by: Perfectionist2

Wale choosen few.

nice topic!! 😎

m not boasting, but my mom is superb cook and she cooks all sorts of yummy dishes...πŸ˜›
i love all that.. i love chocolates... yumm...

but...but..but...i forget to eat!!! πŸ€£

sometimes i eat once in 24 hours  πŸ€£
Edited by BeYourself - 9 years ago
Tamara27 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Last night I told Tamara, I am not going on this thread.πŸ˜† Because then I just stay here forever and what did I achieve all day goes to soad in guilt.

Then bus ride to work😳 I browsed😑 Why Oh Why!
Now I am here. And it is addictive... I want to get off IF.
I take an oath everyday to quit IF. But Alas the victim I amπŸ˜›

Padprik- will try this weekend. πŸ˜ƒ
I have the best restaurants in my city and chefs who know me personally cos I visit every weekend.πŸ˜†
My kids are too little.πŸ˜† 2 yes- you can have a playdate... Do bring in the chocolate. πŸ˜ƒ

Sweeping floor! OH MY GOD! that is my mum speaking...
She used to say sweep floor stomach abs exercise. And after I have done she is like you didn't bend properly to clean..
After my marriage bending has reached a whole new meaning and I don't mind it at allπŸ˜‰ BUT I AM NEVER SWEEPING THE FLOOR!!
DONT TELL MY MIL- but that is why I got married.πŸ˜‰ 

Juliet is a culinary goddess herself - believe me... I have seen the pics and she's promised to courier some of her chilli paneer to me on of these fine days πŸ˜†

About the Snickers, Farz... I didn't have many options and I was desperate for chocolate. I didn't want to find myself in the same position I was in a few nights ago, when I was in the kitchen (lights off, at some ungodly hour), eating Nutella with a teaspoon from the jar!

Weighty issues, we all have... hence the no(t much) sugar and carbs haha (I'm doing so well at that, as you can all see!)

I do tell myself that running after an energetic three year old and lifting all of his 15.5kg is exercise in itself, but really... Let's face it, it's not. 

Especially when I spend most of my time sitting here at the laptop, replying to you yummy ladies :-)

Sweeping... my worst job ever. Hubby does it. Well, I ignore it until his OCD can no longer handle it and then he does it. 

I'm messy too. Clean, but messy (I get this, Farz). 

I'm happy with my disorganised clutter. Chaos is a sign of brilliance (I read that somewhere once and now quote it every time hubby goes into my cupboard for something πŸ˜†)

Does washing dishes count as exercise? Because my dishwasher is broken - he apparently has man flu... 
-StarsLinedUp- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Wale choosen few.

I can cook and I quite enjoy cooking and the occasional baking...I started on it..but then the sweet experiments died soon enough...My eaters then were my hubby and my bro..n they are not much of a sweet toothers...so I had to stop...I could only so much of the cakes that I baked...by myself...

These days..its the basic cooking..the keeda..is planning to visit soon...so I am bracing myself..for wen it hits..and I go crazy once again...making home made Pho's and sushi on a weeknight..followed by momos and khandvi's...
Aaah..I cant sleep and now I feel like running into the kitchen and busying myself with some comfort food cooking...alas its 12 am..and I dare not wake up the resdients of my homeπŸ˜†

n gal..u should definetly forward me those food pictures...I could always use some inspiration...Aashna is in dire need of some kick in her back to do soemthing..πŸ˜›
Edited by -StarsLinedUp- - 9 years ago
-StarsLinedUp- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Tamara27

Juliet is a culinary goddess herself - believe me... I have seen the pics and she's promised to courier some of her chilli paneer to me on of these fine days πŸ˜†

About the Snickers, Farz... I didn't have many options and I was desperate for chocolate. I didn't want to find myself in the same position I was in a few nights ago, when I was in the kitchen (lights off, at some ungodly hour), eating Nutella with a teaspoon from the jar!

Weighty issues, we all have... hence the no(t much) sugar and carbs haha (I'm doing so well at that, as you can all see!)

I do tell myself that running after an energetic three year old and lifting all of his 15.5kg is exercise in itself, but really... Let's face it, it's not. 

Especially when I spend most of my time sitting here at the laptop, replying to you yummy ladies :-)

Sweeping... my worst job ever. Hubby does it. Well, I ignore it until his OCD can no longer handle it and then he does it. 

I'm messy too. Clean, but messy (I get this, Farz). 

I'm happy with my disorganised clutter. Chaos is a sign of brilliance (I read that somewhere once and now quote it every time hubby goes into my cupboard for something πŸ˜†)

Does washing dishes count as exercise? Because my dishwasher is broken - he apparently has man flu... 

Gal we have one thing in common here..the secret affair with nutella..its my guilty pleasure...but u know wat I aint guilty at all...I have a sweet tooth..and thankfully my body so far is being supportive...but soon enough I'll have to stop...
I see some love handles happening...damn my job..sitting for 8 hrs ..n then welcome bed and laptop...lets sit some more...πŸ˜†

As for cleaning...I have no option..but to do it all..my bro calls me dishwasher..cos he finds me doing the dishes most nights..πŸ˜†

Sweeping and moping.....I can still manage..but how I hate...dusting..🀒 and on top of it..all my furniture is dark..so u can see every dust speck...πŸ˜†

raneeb thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

very truly stated...this is the time when effort..is not invested in our own lives..we want everything easy...even when it comes to family and kids..it has to be easy...but what's the fun in that...working hard and seeing the end result is a much sweeter feeling than letting it all go as is..without making an effort...
We all have our set of troubles and issues...and we choose how much to take..and wen to let go...I am still learning that...I am a stubborn soul that beleives in getting what I dreamt of...I wont hurt ppl in the process but heck I am gonna get wat I desire...I have only one life to live..and I aint about to live it according to someone else...
and yes...tolerate...but as for compromise...I'd rather use the word adjust...maybe today u cant do wat u want but make sure u do it tommorow..its just a positive way to live I guess
thanks for some wonderful and thought provoking insight!!😊

You're right --Adjustment is a better word than Compromise! and I agree with your thinking - do not let go of your dreams and what you desire--ultimately you can achieve it by concentrating on the positives that life has given you.
I see the topic has veered to food! not my favouritest topic--I eat to live unlike my family who LIVE TO EAT! ( My M-I-L did actually tell me this!!!!)!
Tamara27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: raneeb

You're right --Adjustment is a better word than Compromise! and I agree with your thinking - do not let go of your dreams and what you desire--ultimately you can achieve it by concentrating on the positives that life has given you.
I see the topic has veered to food! not my favouritest topic--I eat to live unlike my family who LIVE TO EAT! ( My M-I-L did actually tell me this!!!!)!

Hahaha! I am trying this "Eat to live" thing - let's see how it goes. 
Problem is I also love cooking, and sometimes even cook out of boredom. The problem related to that is that my hubby is a health nut who won't eat the stuff I make if it's too "unhealthy" so I have stopped for now :-)
Tamara27 thumbnail

Gal we have one thing in common here..the secret affair with nutella..its my guilty pleasure...but u know wat I aint guilty at all...I have a sweet tooth..and thankfully my body so far is being supportive...but soon enough I'll have to stop...
I see some love handles happening...damn my job..sitting for 8 hrs ..n then welcome bed and laptop...lets sit some more...πŸ˜†

As for cleaning...I have no option..but to do it all..my bro calls me dishwasher..cos he finds me doing the dishes most nights..πŸ˜†

Sweeping and moping.....I can still manage..but how I hate...dusting..🀒 and on top of it..all my furniture is dark..so u can see every dust speck...πŸ˜†

I was just desperate for something chocolatey :-)

My body is also not working with me right now, which is why I'm trying to be good. 
Tamara27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeYourself

nice topic!! 😎

m not boasting, but my mom is superb cook and she cooks all sorts of yummy dishes...πŸ˜›
i love all that.. i love chocolates... yumm...

but...but..but...i forget to eat!!! πŸ€£

sometimes i eat once in 24 hours  πŸ€£

I forget a lot of things: My keys, work, to update... even forget to tell hubby I love him... but I never EVER forget to eat!
πŸ˜†