Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ziya117 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
hii Saima n Vinita... :)
i guess parents should b aware,,... but in most cases they are unaware!! 

in my case, i joined FB since 2006 and my parents didnt know until there had been a prob in the community... was disconnected... i told them i joined bcz of college friends.. 

after i joined back again and they knew bcz i told them the update of many thgs... lol... 

i managed 2 accounts till i closed one and used only one till nw... to make thgs better... i made my mum join fb... add her... :P but she doesnot really a network person!!

ps Saima... hope ur lil baby is fine :))🤗

Saima-Syed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: ziya117

hii Saima n Vinita... :)

i guess parents should b aware,,... but in most cases they are unaware!! 

in my case, i joined FB since 2006 and my parents didnt know until there had been a prob in the community... was disconnected... i told them i joined bcz of college friends.. 

after i joined back again and they knew bcz i told them the update of many thgs... lol... 

i managed 2 accounts till i closed one and used only one till nw... to make thgs better... i made my mum join fb... add her... :P but she doesnot really a network person!!

ps Saima... hope ur lil baby is fine :))🤗

Hey Ziya, good to hear from you. Hope u have been well.

Face book is banned in my house and family although my sister sneakily has one.

Zainab is doing well MashAllah is at nursery at the moment

Please do continue to join in on discussions here 

Lots of love 
Gulaabo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: swapno

The answer is ofcourse...parents need to check.

When I joined here and started to bond with others I was shocked to know that most of them were below 13 years!!!
And I was more shocked when I got to know that many readers read those mature stories were also under-aged. One of them told me that she could not understand the whole process but read them. Because it was there fascination.
It really shook me to the core.
So, I think parents need to check because there is perfect timing for everything. 
Thank you for this wonderful topic...

Yup...that's absolutely right...i too met many underaged kids here...
Saima-Syed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: -Crazy4AsYa-

Yup...that's absolutely right...i too met many underaged kids here...

Yes there a lot of younger people here on the forum that read very mature content. 

My question then is

Knowing this as writers do we not have a greater responsibility in what we write and portray in out stories?
ak020203 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hello

I wouldnt say I am new to this forum. I am silent reader.

I would like to point out my views about this topic. I am a mother of two boys aged 6 and 2 years. It really surprises me that my 6 yr old knows how to access youtube to play Mickey Mouse videos (Right now computer is accessbile to him with adult supervision). Kids are smart and very technological active now a days.

Once my 6 yr old was trying to type LEGO in google and he typed LEG and enter you can imagine what images came up.. Yes it is a duty of a parent to keep your kids safe from Cyber Bullying, online predators.. How far can you keep a check on them. Yes, you will put the basic rules set by the Internet Service Provider, block the certain websites and chatting software downloads (using filtering softwares), Forbid from entering private chat rooms, you will keep the computer in a common area, Bookmark kids's favorite sites for easy access , try to share an email id woith your child (they can create an other one with out your knowledge)... There is an end less list you can do .. But there is always another way of doing things if kids want to do.. I tell you there are more smarter than we believe they are..

Communication is the key.. Yes.. But again every kid is different, some will be open to it and some are not. This might be difficult for some parents.. I think Awareness is important, to kids and as well as parents.. What to do and what not to do should always be told to kids and should be perodically repeated and should be a reminder. Always let them know that we are always there for them. We should make kids understand that their every action has a consequence and they should be ready to deal with it.

I guess and it is what I am trying to do with my 6 yr old to make him think about the consequences of his actions he do. for example.. He spills a glass of water, I ask him

1. How could he have avoided it? ; Should he have asked for help? ; What should he do now that he spilled it? ; Who should he talk to when this happened? ; How can he clear this mess?

Hope you got my point...

Thanks!

raneeb thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: ak020203

Hello

I wouldnt say I am new to this forum. I am silent reader.

I would like to point out my views about this topic. I am a mother of two boys aged 6 and 2 years. It really surprises me that my 6 yr old knows how to access youtube to play Mickey Mouse videos (Right now computer is accessbile to him with adult supervision). Kids are smart and very technological active now a days.

Once my 6 yr old was trying to type LEGO in google and he typed LEG and enter you can imagine what images came up.. Yes it is a duty of a parent to keep your kids safe from Cyber Bullying, online predators.. How far can you keep a check on them. Yes, you will put the basic rules set by the Internet Service Provider, block the certain websites and chatting software downloads (using filtering softwares), Forbid from entering private chat rooms, you will keep the computer in a common area, Bookmark kids's favorite sites for easy access , try to share an email id woith your child (they can create an other one with out your knowledge)... There is an end less list you can do .. But there is always another way of doing things if kids want to do.. I tell you there are more smarter than we believe they are..

Communication is the key.. Yes.. But again every kid is different, some will be open to it and some are not. This might be difficult for some parents.. I think Awareness is important, to kids and as well as parents.. What to do and what not to do should always be told to kids and should be perodically repeated and should be a reminder. Always let them know that we are always there for them. We should make kids understand that their every action has a consequence and they should be ready to deal with it.

I guess and it is what I am trying to do with my 6 yr old to make him think about the consequences of his actions he do. for example.. He spills a glass of water, I ask him

1. How could he have avoided it? ; Should he have asked for help? ; What should he do now that he spilled it? ; Who should he talk to when this happened? ; How can he clear this mess?

Hope you got my point...

Thanks!

Brilliant--very heartening reading your thinking---there is only so much you can protect! The temptations and pressures are way too many in comparison- so awareness of the consequences is of prime importance!
kals82 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
ofcourse the parents should keep a check on it...

as most of them said ... the  plus and minus should be clearly said to them...

having said... i really think even Tv should be monitored...

yday... my 7 year old son.. told me... was shocking..

i asked him will  he join painting class...

he said that is for girls..

then waht is for boys...

he said love... good looking girls... imagine seven year old saying that...

that too who watches only cartoons...
 even hatori.. and doreman.. have a girl lead.. who the boy is trying to impress...

as a parent.. we should somehow find time to spend.. with them.. irrespective of busy  life...

would love to have topic... on how to spend more effective time.. and also curb the TV...

awesome topic...

Gulaabo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Saima-Syed

Yes there a lot of younger people here on the forum that read very mature content. 

My question then is

Knowing this as writers do we not have a greater responsibility in what we write and portray in out stories?

yes we've! But i know many writers who give appropriate warnings or put the mature content in another colour...but they can't stop anyone from reading.
As a teen it''s natural for them to be fascinated by such things and if they choose to read it, I don't know how we could stop them other than giving a warning...
I always remember my mom's words...many things, good or bad, will come in your way...it's upto u to act sensible and choose the right one among them...😊
Gulaabo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: kals82

ofcourse the parents should keep a check on it...

as most of them said ... the  plus and minus should be clearly said to them...

having said... i really think even Tv should be monitored...

yday... my 7 year old son.. told me... was shocking..

i asked him will  he join painting class...

he said that is for girls..

then waht is for boys...

he said love... good looking girls... imagine seven year old saying that...

that too who watches only cartoons...
 even hatori.. and doreman.. have a girl lead.. who the boy is trying to impress...

as a parent.. we should somehow find time to spend.. with them.. irrespective of busy  life...

would love to have topic... on how to spend more effective time.. and also curb the TV...

awesome topic...

oh god kalyani...what did u do then??😲
i also watch kid's cartoons...doraemon, shinchan and hatori...they surely have a lead and his heroine...even the toon films portray all sort of adult situations...like smooching and passionate hugs...