Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fifi1297 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Hey...saima api...can I call u api na??
I m new to did post...
Iused to read ur updates but I didn't know DAT u r a mom..
Its so glad to know...
How many kids do u have and how old r dey???

Saima-Syed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: fifi1297

Hey...saima api...can I call u api na??

I m new to did post...
Iused to read ur updates but I didn't know DAT u r a mom..
Its so glad to know...
How many kids do u have and how old r dey???

Hey

Of course you can call me Api

I have a little girl who will b three next month

Her name is Zainab Fatima

Please continue to join in on our weekly topics. 

Vinita will be posting the first on on Monday 

fifi1297 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Saima-Syed

Hey

Of course you can call me Api

I have a little girl who will b three next month

Her name is Zainab Fatima

Please continue to join in on our weekly topics. 

Vinita will be posting the first on on Monday 

Oh thank u sooo much...
Oh great...cuteee...I love small kids...
Nice name...
Sure...thanks...do add me in ur buddy list...and if u update den do pm me plz...

Saima-Syed thumbnail

Originally posted by: fifi1297

Will definitely PM you 

rajnid68 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome saima...
lets rock away...
family kept me busy...
did miss the topic,,,😉
and how are you and Z
Saima-Syed thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajnid68

awesome saima...

lets rock away...
family kept me busy...
did miss the topic,,,😉
and how are you and Z

Hey Rajni good to have you back...missed you.

First topic will be posted by Vinita first thing in the morning. I will post second topic next Monday morning ðŸ˜Š

Look forward to seeing you here

Mwah
vinita459 thumbnail
Social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace have exploded in recent years and young surfers in particular have become ardent fans of this dynamic and high-tech way to connect with the wider world around them, communicating with friends and hooking up with like-minded people. Today, more than three-fourths of teenagers have a cellphone and use online social networking sites.

Though, Social networking offers many benefits, it has its own disadvantages as well. For Instance, privacy is always a concern for any communication exchange carried out online and children often do not understand the risks involved in giving out too much personal information on the Internet. This is of particular worry when such information is given to an individual who your child does not know personally to; they may argue that someone is an online 'friend' but to all intents and purposes that person is effectively a stranger.

Also, the Internet provides access to all kinds of content at the click of a mouse - but not all of that content is suitable for children and young people to see. While you may have the appropriate parental controls set up on your computer your child may still be able to access inappropriate material if someone in their social networking circle makes it available to them.

Online Harassment or Cyber Bullying is another common problem that children face today. A complete stranger, an online friend, or a friend right at school can do this harassment. When friends have a falling out or even just a simple disagreement, many turn to the internet to seek revenge, as it is easy to hide behind a computer.

Unfortunately, not all teenagers are educated on the dangers that lurk online, especially where internet chat rooms and social networking websites are concerned.

Question of the Week - Monday, May 26th, 2014

Do you think parents should keep an eye on their children using social networking sites?

NOTE: My sincere request to everyone, please respect each other's opinions and beliefs. For further Rules, please refer to Page 1.
GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Anwer - Of course. 
I am shocked at how many kids have access to stuff on internet that is obviously not meant for them. FB has a minimum age requirement, yet so many kids are online with fake birth dates (projecting themselves to be older than their real age, but with real pictures thus becoming easy targets) and even though the parent is aware, there is really no restriction on such stuff. I have cousins who are guilty of this.

Parental locks, timed usage of internet, these are some of the tools parents can use, unfortunately either they are not aware of these or are negligent to use them.

As our horizons expand with new technologies and SM offerings, our education as parents should also expand proportionally. And honestly the ONUS is ON US. It is one thing to take pride in the fact that ur 2 year old can operate you tube (mine does) but it is just as important to have correct settings and a listening ear available to make sure they do no access stuff not meant for them. 

In today';s day and age where no one is safe anywhere, internet gives an opportunity for the criminal minded greater access to you and your psyche.

A note about the IF forums - something that bothers me a lot. There are a lot of kids here. Some are mature but more are just that...kids. In the past, I have seen them getting swayed by a handful of people to indulge in activities that are borderline criminal. I hope that us (moms on this group) take a lesson from this and keep an eye not only on our kids usage of SM sites but also such forums. The key open communication between parents and kids from a very young age so that they are never afraid to share their thoughts and feelings with us

Rivs

PS: great topic vinita and Saima. Sorry for the long essay.
Edited by QueenOfMyCastle - 9 years ago
Saima-Syed thumbnail

Originally posted by: QueenOfMyCastle

Anwer - Of course. 

I am shocked at how many kids have access to stuff on internet that is obviously not meant for them. FB has a minimum age requirement, yet so many kids are online with fake birth dates (projecting themselves to be older than their real age, but with real pictures thus becoming easy targets) and even though the parent is aware, there is really no restriction on such stuff. I have cousins who are guilty of this.

Parental locks, timed usage of internet, these are some of the tools parents can use, unfortunately either they are not aware of these or are negligent to use them.

As our horizons expand with new technologies and SM offerings, our education as parents should also expand proportionally. And honestly the ONUS is ON US. It is one thing to take pride in the fact that ur 2 year old can operate you tube (mine does) but it is just as important to have correct settings and a listening ear available to make sure they do no access stuff not meant for them. 

In today';s day and age where no one is safe anywhere, internet gives an opportunity for the criminal minded greater access to you and your psyche.

A note about the IF forums - something that bothers me a lot. There are a lot of kids here. Some are mature but more are just that...kids. In the past, I have seen them getting swayed by a handful of people to indulge in activities that are borderline criminal. I hope that us (moms on this group) take a lesson from this and keep an eye not only on our kids usage of SM sites but also such forums. The key open communication between parents and kids from a very young age so that they are never afraid to share their thoughts and feelings with us

Rivs

PS: great topic vinita and Saima. Sorry for the long essay.

Thank you so much Rivs, that's exactly what we did want an essay lol

I totally agree with you. As parents the onus is on us and it's a shame that we don't exercise our powers as parents to stop or monitor what goes on, and like you said it is either through negligence or because parents don't know how to.

Things that really scare me are and I have come across in my own line of work with young people are issues like cyber bullying, grooming of young girls by sick men, accessing mature content and misusing it and creating groups that attract vulnerable young people who end up making suicide pacts.

Cyber world is as real and as dangerous as the real one we live in.

Yes the key is open communication with our children and other parents, something that we need to encourage more of

Thank you for sharing your views 

😊
rajnid68 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Rivs..u said it all...and fully agree with u..
yep..as sincere parents we need to keep an eye open as to what sites our kids are visiting..our kids might think that we are meddling and invading their space. but we are here to see that they don't burn their fingers .they think that they are a mature a lot..and yes we trust them..but that niggling feeling of something untoward happening...puts us parents on high alert.
  now a days kids would rather discuss with their friends or surf the net for the information..  but certain topics need to be discussed with parents for the right information...
  with so many serials on air how web has led a wrong being done...kids still feel that instead of listening to parents and keeping them in the loop of their where about and friends...they are mature enough to handle the world...
  its different inside the four walls of the house...but outside its a different world altogether..